Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

looking to sell, whats a good price??? 2001 coupe 6speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:32 AM
tommy34
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to sell, whats a good price??? 2001 coupe 6speed

2001 corvette coupe magnetic red, 6 speed, 55k highway miles. perferred group 2, plus dual removable tops, 12 disc changer, peformance handing package, also many upgrades bassani headers and x-pipe, borla mufflers, 12 way adjustable shocks, hotchins sway bars, air intake system. top of the line VIPER alarm system with pager.
the car is in excellent condition always garaged and wax and runs and drives like new, never had a problem with. Clean CARFAX report and service history.
I'm a corvette fanatic and don't want to sell but just got married and need to buy a home,
What would be a good price for this Corvette? All resonable offers considered. I have loads of great pictures if needed, but just can't seem to be able to post them on here. If anybody is interested or has any questions please call.

Tommy 1 917 379-3525
or e-mail tommyvisionsbar@hotmail

Last edited by tommy34; 10-25-2004 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:23 AM
92BlackRoseconv
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you could get $ 24,000 that would be pretty good this time of year. I know of a 2000 6-speed coupe with 35k miles for $ 22,500. It is a bad time probably the worst time ever to sell a C5. Any that are actually selling right now are selling way under there value.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:22 PM
ScottN
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05

Go to Kelly Blue Book online (www.kbb.com) and check out the private party price for your Vette, then add about $1000 to account for your upgrades. That should be a good starting place.

FYI, you probably won't get private party price on this forum but if you list on AutoTrader online you should be able to get at least private party price. I have sold 3 cars in the last four years on Autotrader. I always got private party plus an additional $500 - $1000.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:51 PM
jkj
Instructor

Originally Posted by ScottN
Go to Kelly Blue Book online (www.kbb.com) and check out the private party price for your Vette, then add about $1000 to account for your upgrades. That should be a good starting place.

FYI, you probably won't get private party price on this forum but if you list on AutoTrader online you should be able to get at least private party price. I have sold 3 cars in the last four years on Autotrader. I always got private party plus an additional $500 - $1000.
Im not trying to discredit what you are saying but that doesn't seem to go along with information in this forum. It actually seems WAY off base. I mean forloop is selling an 02 z06 w/ 21k on it for 29,750. These cars are way under kbb right now. Your not going to run into too many ppl on this forum or not that don't do a little research on this kind of car. Most ppl know what the market is like.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Chaz 01
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

In August I flew to Houston, TX and bought a 1SC 2001 NBM Coupe for
$26,000 and it had 52,000 miles on it. I felt I got a good deal even though it has such high miles. Since then a group of us from Mt Hood Corvette Club, drove to Palm Springs for Labor day, and a few club events. My NBM Coupe now has 57,000 miles and she's going to rest until Mar/Apr 2005.

Good Luck, I think if you get anywhere between $24 - 26K, that's fair
Old 10-25-2004, 10:44 PM
ScottN
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by jkj
Im not trying to discredit what you are saying but that doesn't seem to go along with information in this forum. It actually seems WAY off base. I mean forloop is selling an 02 z06 w/ 21k on it for 29,750. These cars are way under kbb right now. Your not going to run into too many ppl on this forum or not that don't do a little research on this kind of car. Most ppl know what the market is like.
Nothing wrong with some healthy debate. I just happen to disagree. I think people on this forum are very much in tune with the demand side of the market. Everybody knows how much they are willing to pay for the Vette they want. Most people on this forum are looking to get the next "great deal" and there's nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, I don't think people on this forum give much thought to the supply side of the market. There's a price below which owners will not sell. That's how the the equilibrium/market price is set. Buyers and sellers decide the market price, not just the buyers.

That's why I suggested that tommy34 try AutoTrader. I think AutoTrader is a better tool to gage asking price than this forum because it reaches much more people. For all 2001 Vettes on AutoTrader that are NOT convertibles and have under 60,000 miles, here was the price breakdown for 190 Vettes meeting my search criteria:

Highest price: $42900
Lowest price: $22700
Average price: $32699

The filters on AutoTrader are not great so this price breakdown includes coupes, frc's, and Z06's but the majority would be coupes. If tommy34 sets his price as I suggested, he would price it at 26,500 - 27,000 obo. His price would be well under the AutoTrader average. From my experience, this will sell his car. It probably won't sell his car on this forum but there are a lot of buyers outside of the forum.

There are tons of people who know nothing about this forum but they do know about KBB pricing because they are used to dealers talking about it. There have been some excellent deals posted on this forum, but I think those are on the low side of the market, not the average deal.

Of course, this is all just my opinion...which the last time I looked was worth less than a penny.

Last edited by ScottN; 10-25-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:02 AM
random access
Instructor

AutoTrader is a good indicator of selling prices. You will see the same cars advertised for months at unrealistic selling prices. Talk to sellers and see what cars end up selling for.
My 2000 6sp Cpe was for sale for all over about a day when I picked it up for 23.7 in aug, it has 29k on it and its loaded with everything but a changer.
I did my research for a few months here on the forum as well as autotrader and ebay motors to find out where the market was at. I feel I made a very educated buying decision and got a great deal. I had to travel for my car, but the ride home was worth it.
KBB is absolutely WRONG as far as c5 values. It's going to be a year at least until kbb catches up with the hyper deflation of the c5 market.
If you want retail for your vette, advertise locally and sell it locally. Go to a dealer and get your trade in value and go up from there for a better selling price.
Buyers here on the forum are going to know what the real world price is on a used vette. It's going to be a hard sell to get retail on something here.
It's a hard fact on some sellers that they owe more on their car than it's worth. The C5 market is in freefall right now, it's a damn good concept that you can now buy the best looking car ever cheap compared to staggering C(yuk)6 prices WOOT!
Old 10-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Noggles
Team Owner

Location: Adventure, excitement ... a Jedi craves not these things.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Where is the car located?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 PM
tommy34
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Noggles
Where is the car located?
thanks guys for all the great advice on how much the car is worth and what i could sell it for. it could be alittle confusing at times, I have seen prices raging from 24,500 all the way up to 32,500 for a 2001 corvette coupe. I guess the price depends on what the buyer is willing to pay. I'm looking for around $25,000.- $26,000. i believe is a fair price for a 2001 corvette in excellent condition with all the factory options and the mods i have done. The only reason I'm selling is because i got married last month and looking to buy a house. I'm located in New York City if anyone is interested please give me a call 917-379-3525 or send e-mail tommyvisionsbar@hotmail.com i have load of picture if needed.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Mrlakeview
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Jersey!Send me the pics please.

Last edited by Mrlakeview; 11-02-2004 at 08:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To looking to sell, whats a good price??? 2001 coupe 6speed

Quick Reply: looking to sell, whats a good price??? 2001 coupe 6speed