Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

600hp 99 Vert...I can't believe I'm selling it!!!

Old 08-19-2004, 02:54 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 600hp 99 Vert...I can't believe I'm selling it!!!

Price Lowered....I am seriously selling the car. Anyone interested before I move to local papers, Auto Trader, Auto Week, and eBay?

Very long description!!!!

Looking to buy a house and the ride has to go. It will be tough but I can always buy another car.

$42000.00

Here’s a link to my msn group so you can see the dyno chart and many pictures. http://groups.msn.com/Morgenfruh/shoebox.msnw There are two pages of pics.

Just to cover a few things. This car is being sold as is, as described. It does not currently have a warranty nor is one expressed or implied with the sale of this car. The car is available for inspection and I urge you to consider doing that for your peace of mind. I will deliver the car to a local Chevrolet Dealer of your choosing so that you can have them check it out for a clean bill of health. However, you must arrange for payment to the dealer. Please give me 24 hours notice to drop off the car.

I cannot provide financing. I owe a balance on the car to the finance company that will be paid off using the funds from the auction. Contacting the finance company is certainly possible and perhaps we can arrange a conference call for your peace of mind. The title will be Fed-Ex-ed to me from the finance company which will be immediately signed over to the buyer. I will also include a notarized letter of sale as well for your state’s motor vehicle’s registration. If you are paying via Paypal you must add 3.0% of the final price to cover the Paypal fees. Pickup of the car or shipping is the Buyer’s responsibility. I can drive it a reasonable distance to a terminal or train station if you like. Funds must clear the bank before the car will be released.

You are looking at a low mileage 1999 Chevrolet Corvette convertible (also known as a C5 model). Original mileage is 47,460. Exterior color is black and has no major paint or body problems. The hood does have a spider web crack that needs to be sanded and repainted. It happened http://groups.msn.com/Morgenfruh/shoebox.msnw when it came into contact with the Magnuson Supercharger. I have considered that cost in pricing the vehicle. The only other minor ones are one you would expect from a daily driver. I have done my best to take pictures of those. They amount to a few rock nicks in the front, and other areas. All can easily be detailed out by a professional body shop if you want a near flawless finish.

Wheels are Fikse FM/10 in 18 x 9.5 front and 19 x 10.5 rear. These rims cost $1000 each when new. Front tires are Michelin Pilot Sports in 265/35/ZR18 and rears are 295/35/ZR19. Tires are half or less than half worn. Plenty of life left in them. Original tire sensors as part of the Tire Pressure Monitoring System are included as well but the batteries are dead. It costs about $200 to replace and that has been taken into consideration when pricing the vehicle.

Other exterior enhancements are a full blackout kit for the four rear brake lights, center rear brake light, reverse lights, and front turn signal lights. HID (Not True HID) Bulbs are installed for the low, high, and fog lights so no mismatched yellow foglight, white headlight setup you see on a lot of other cars. Front and rear stainless steel letters. Custom, professionally body color matched ACI Hi Rise hood installed to clear the supercharger as well. Full Z06 Screen package for front Fog lights, front brake ducts, and side vents. An enhancement plate is also on the rear underside of the car with the American Flag. Z06 style front fender badge that reads “LS1 Supercharged.” This is just about the only thing that will tip off the guy at the light next to you. I also installed reinforcements for the rubber skirt under the car in the front, which is a big area that can rub on entries and exits. Also installed are frame savers on the front of the car which are wheels welded to the end of the frame that prevent scraping of the front of the car on entries and exits. Finally underneath the rocker panels are aluminum rails that protect the undercarriage from scraping the ground on high points. Rubber protector with the Corvette flags logo is also on the gas cap.

Interior is Grey and in excellent shape with minor modifications. The car comes with the upgraded leather Sport Seats, power on both sides. Passenger side lower seat has noticeable wear which is all too common on C5 Sport Seats. Has the factory 12-disc CD changer in the trunk with the Bose system with radio and tape deck in dash. Silver logo floor mats, trunk mat, and trunk lid liner all matching. Also as a part of the supercharger modifications and tuning on the driver’s “A” pillar is an Autometer boost gauge, an Autometer fuel pressure gauge, and a shift light set at 6500 rpms for the car’s redline of 6800 rpm. Gauges are backlit. Also included are the silver gauge bezels on the main cluster that match the pillar gauge trim and match the black and silver color scheme of the car. The interior is in great condition with some rug wear that a good shampooing would take care of.

Suspension modifications include the factory installed Z51 sport suspension option. I also replaced the Z51 shock and springs with a $1500 coil-over suspension kit from Breathless Performance. With this kit you can adjust the ride height of the car to your liking, and you can setup the car perfectly for the road course or drag strip. For the road course you can adjust the shocks to have a perfectly balanced car on all four corners. For the drag strip you can set the shocks to help load the rear end on launch for better reaction times and ET’s. The best part is that all of this comes with the car and is as easy as turning the adjustment on the shock body and the ride on the street is better than stock. Coil-overs provide a smoother and more pleasant ride while providing a suspension with great response.

Driveline modifications include a Hurst short-throw shifter with Momo shift **** for the six speed transmission, a Bronze and ceramic Heavy Duty Cartek clutch, and an upgraded rear end differential with 3.73 gears and a Hardened Heavy Duty Output shaft that I had built to handle hard launches at the dragstrip (which it never saw). It’s a shame I never got a chance to use it. The rear end was factory built by Getrag, the OEM supplier for all Corvette rear ends. Getrag will only build up to a 3.73 case to ensure durability.

Brake system modifications include calipers painted high-temp black with the “corvette” on them in sliver (could use some touch up), cross-drilled and slotted zinc-washed rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and Russell Stainless Steel brake lines.

Engine Modifications include a Vortex Air Intake, Larger MAF Housing, BBK 80 mm ported throttle body, Magnuson Supercharger with a 2.8 pulley (3.5 is stock), Cartek Stage II Cylinder heads with 2.02 intake and 1.57 exhaust valves, dual valve springs with titanium retainers. (If you know anything about Cartek you know their heads are the hands down best performance heads for C5 corvettes). Cometic head gaskets were used on assembly. Breathless Performance longtube ceramic coated step headers, 3 inch high flow catalytic converters, a Borla XR1 race exhaust center section, and a Quad Oval Tip B&B Cat Back exhaust.

The motor itself is forged and cost over $4k new from ARE. It consists of race bearings, stock crankshaft, Lunati 6.125 Billet Rods (upgraded Lunati rods), Ross Forged Pistons and Moly Rings.

Fuel system consists of a Racetronix in tank pump setup with a MSD boost activated Boost-a-Pump for adequate fuel under boosted conditions.

I have included a link above to my msn group so you can take a look at the dyno chart. You will see this car puts out 512.2 horsepower to the rear wheels and 497.4 torque to the rear wheels. I promise you this is one incredibly fast car. Those numbers translate to 603 flywheel horsepower and 585 flywheel torque. Magnuson also just came out with an intercooler that can be retrofitted to the existing supercharger for about $1500 and preliminary numbers state that’s allegedly good for another 50 rear wheel horsepower before any pulley change but I cannot state that as fact.

All engine work and dyno tuning of the car was done by Cartek in Garwood, NJ. If you are not familiar with them, ask around in C5 Corvette circles, I promise you would get nothing but the most positive information about them. Their work is top notch.

I have invested (or sunk depending upon your point of view) over $30,000 in first-rate parts and labor in this car. The car books on Edmunds.com for $23,885 wholesale, $26,809 private party, and $30,006 dealer retail (Zip is 08873 to determine the regional value). I know I cannot hold out to recoup all of the money I spent in modifying the but my starting price is attractive considering what it would take you to start from scratch and make the modifications. You probably won’t find a better steal on a car with this much prestige, this much power, low mileage, and with all these added parts for this price. A new corvette convertible would cost you $52,000 plus the $30,000 plus I put into it. Even if you bought a comparable 1999 convertible for $27-30K you’d still have to spend $30k plus to get it to this stage.

Best of Luck and thank you for looking!!!

Last edited by TANGLVR; 08-23-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:34 AM
TANGLVR
Drifting

ttt...price lowered!!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:21 PM
mikeerbC6
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 3-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

i think you should be able to get 35,000 for that bad azz vette
Old 08-23-2004, 07:45 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

If I get an offer of 40 it's gone...it's like paying wholesale plus less than half of what it would take to do all the mods....pretty good deal...
Old 08-23-2004, 09:07 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Message will be forthcoming from ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE....Blondie wants a (fast) convertible.....hhhhmmmmmm

Julie!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:09 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have...thx!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Supercharger John
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I couldn't get your link to work!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:17 AM
TANGLVR
Drifting

try this...

link
Old 08-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

I am watching MM.........
Old 08-25-2004, 07:32 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

Default It's on eBay...$1 to start!!!!!

I'm including free sport seat covers, door panels, and rear 19 inch tires.

Here's the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2488109423
Old 08-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Asmodeus
Heel & Toe

If you don't sell it on eBay I'd be interested in taking a look at the car in person. I'm in Washington Crossing, PA, just over the river from NJ, and Somerset isn't that far. Drop me an email if you're interested -

David<
Old 08-26-2004, 10:58 AM
TANGLVR
Drifting

That sounds fine....if you'd like to see it sooner let me know.

ttt...at the present bidding rate it won't last long!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 03:23 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

ttt
Old 08-31-2004, 01:34 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

I have no idea why eBay ended the item...waiting for a response from them....I want to sell this car....I've had one interested party at $35k. I'd like to get $38k for it...anyone interested?????

Get notified of new replies

To 600hp 99 Vert...I can't believe I'm selling it!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 600hp 99 Vert...I can't believe I'm selling it!!!