Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Great Start if you're building a vette!!!...'99 Blk FRC

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 01:22 AM
oufan2929
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Great Start if you're building a vette!!!...'99 Blk FRC

1999 Black/Black FRC, 53k mi. on it. Full extended warranty until 2008 or 90k miles! Extremely Clean and well kept as well as 2,500mile routine oil changes. I've had the car for nearly 2 years and have all records (pretty much just oil changes, this car has had no issues!) I'm the second owner and I have the carfax available for those seriously interested.

Mod's: Donaldson Blkwing, Borla Stinger 2tip, B&M ripper shifter (not installed at the present time), 3.90 dte gears w/hardened output shaft, spec III clutch, built transmission w/any hardened parts possible, and last but not least NX express wet kit. I built the foundation to be rock solid such as the clutch, tranny, and rear-end, that way you could have fun w/the car in the future w/out having to worry about breaking things.

I know what you're thinking...How can you have a nitrous kit and keep an extended warranty. Well, the reason for going w/the built tranmission is because I had a 5th gear synchro go out on me, so I got the warranty company to take care of the whole thing. Instead of them paying for the transmission, I just got an allowance and was able to buy hardened parts etc. to make it stronger. Worked out great. The warr. guy came to inspect the car and the N20 was no to be seen. That's the beauty about nitrous, it's very easy to take off in an instance like this. I know, that's a little in the "gray" area, but they would have voided the warranty and not covered my tranny when the n20 had nothing to do w/the 5th gear. The reason for me saying all of this is to say, The warranty can still be used. You just have to have a shop that is ASE certified (which pretty much any shop is) to take care of you. I've heard and talked to personally many shops even here on the forum that would be willing to do this.

Also, as far as the nitrous goes, I'll be straight up w/you. I've filled 5 or 6 bottles since the install in May (I believe it to be may). It's seen the track once and I went 11.75@117.?? on DR's. This was w/a 100 shot. I've never pushed it over a 100shot and would have no intentions of doing so unless I took some other precautions such as fuel pump and dyno tuning. The car has gone 12.46 N/A w/the gears etc. I had full intentions of putting a H/C setup on my car and actually, I've got ported LS6 heads and brand new kooks headers in my garage waiting to go on. But I think I've decided to venture into some other things. I don't get to drive my car enough to put the extra money into "finishing" it. I realize it's going to be hard to find a buyer that wants a car w/nitrous, but I can assure you, it's only seen 5 or 6 bottles and I have every safety feature and goody you can have for an N20 setup from act. switches, bottle heater, window switch, remote bottle opener, safety shutoff switches etc. etc. I spent over $2500 for the parts and labor.The install is rediculously clean! At the check in at the track, the guy didn't even see that I had nitrous. The bottle is under the back hatch lid and everything is carpeted to match. Everything on the car is the best $$ can buy and has been done professionally. All of the mods except the exhuast have been done this year. I can sell the car w/or w/out the N20 setup.

This car is not for someone that doesn't like to go fast or wants a stock car (however, I have all stock parts and it could be returned to stock). This car would be a GREAT start to a EXTREMELY FAST and enjoyable 10sec. mild mannered street car. All it's lacking is Heads,Cam, and Headers (which I could make a deal on, except I don't have a cam). Sorry for the horribly long post, but my intent was to answer as many questions as you have because I'm horribly busy this time of the year w/me being a landscaper so it's hard for me to answer a million questions.

I'm the type of person that you might call a "tire kicker". I've requested pics etc. from people before just because I wanted to see there car, so by all means, I'm not trying to be rude or anything. But please, only serious inquiries only, I'd appreciate it. The best way to contact me is through email at oufan2929@netzero.com or simply call at 4052024120. I'd like to get around $26,000 +/- for the car, but I know the corvette market is not at it's peak right now, so I will entertain offers, and will definetly consider trade in part for a 97-99 GTS viper because that's probably what I'm going to next. Thanks for any interest. I will be checking this post from time to time just in case, fyi
Old 07-25-2004, 03:10 PM
oufan2929
Drifting

Ttt
Old 07-26-2004, 05:43 AM
Night Bird
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man where are you located and what would be a good time to call you.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:26 PM
oufan2929
Drifting

I'm in Oklahoma. You can call me anytime at 4052024120. If I don't answer, leave me a message and I should get back to you w/in 5 min. or so.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:23 AM
oufan2929
Drifting

ttt
Old 07-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Night Bird
Intermediate

I need to sell my Z06 then I can get a FRC. I will be calling you though next week to see what we can arrange
Old 08-01-2004, 04:20 AM
oufan2929
Drifting

Sounds good. If I don't answer, leave me a message and I should get back to you pretty quickly
Old 08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
jkj
Instructor

I know this is somewhat offtopic but how much for the z06?
Old 08-02-2004, 11:58 PM
oufan2929
Drifting

What Z06 are you speaking of?
Old 08-08-2004, 04:27 AM
oufan2929
Drifting

Well, am I just going to have to finish off this car w/the H/C? I guess if no one wants it, we'll see
Old 08-08-2004, 09:29 AM
quiksilverone
Instructor

Can you email me pics at tropixdad@earthlink.net . Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:06 AM
oufan2929
Drifting

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To Great Start if you're building a vette!!!...'99 Blk FRC

Quick Reply: Great Start if you're building a vette!!!...'99 Blk FRC