Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 11:48 AM
dizzzzy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!!

Hello to all forum members.... I am fairly new to this forum, but have had a love for corvettes all my life. I feel I need to inform members for a email I recieved yesterday from a dealer on ebay regarding a auction he is holding for a new C6.. In the auction he states the 2004 is no longer being produced... I simply emailed him, asked why he is posting something that was not true, and the following is his reply.... This guy is the Ebay manager for Lynn Chevrolet in Kearny New Jersey and his name is Michael Mullins...

Please tell me why some people give business to a place like this. This is the exact email I got from him, I have deleted some things to make this email adhere to the rules of this board.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no sh-t, im trying to get the ideal corvette customer to get his or her mind off a 2004 vette and give them that state of mind that the 2005 is the only option. If you had any sales experience you would understand what i am trying to accomplish. Enjoy your new 2004 corvette, it will probably depreciate 10K by the end of the year. loser

To: lynnchevrolet01@hotmail.com
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2460362743
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:31:32 PST

Gm is no longer making 2004 corvette's???? Thats funny, I just ordered one last week... Please get your facts in order, you can still get cars order til april....
--------------------

Question from: dja1026
Title of item: Chevrolet : Corvette
Seller: lynnsales
Starts: Feb-13-04 06:46:20 PST
Ends: Feb-20-04 06:46:20 PST
Price: Starts at $50,000.00
To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2460362743

[Modified by dizzzzy, 5:16 PM 2/14/2004]
Old 02-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Digital Disaster
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!! (dizzzzy)

This guy is a SLIMEBALL and represents everything that makes people hate to deal with car salesmen. His response to you needs to be forwarded to the dealership's manager and to GM. :skep:
Old 02-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Yellow Submarine
Le Mans Master

I think we can all see who the real 'loser' is based on the response.

What a Richard cranium.

:U
Old 02-14-2004, 02:00 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

Default Re: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!! (Yellow Submarine)

Ok, fellow forum members.. it only gets better.. Here is another one of his replies to my follow up email stating I was letting forum members know about his antics!!!!!! Any suggestions on what I should do next??....
This guy does not even believe that I have a c6 already order through kevin will at les standford, and a 2006 Z06 ordered through steve edgar at KT chevy, which I am proud to say are supporting dealers at this forum!!! I guess sometimes we don't realize how lucky we are to have these dealers here helping us out..

His email as follows (see Below)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really can care less about what you are trying to accomplish, your right if i dont have a brain, just by me putting this ad on ebay,i recieved over 26 possible buyers, 4 deposits, and one jerkoff by the name of Daniel Anderson who has nothing better to do, but BS about purchasing numerious vettes.

good luck and good bye LOSER
Old 02-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

I would contact the OWNER of the dealership and e-mail the salesmans responses to him, letting him know how this guy is representing his business. Possibly one of the forum dealers will chime in and give you an idea as to what you should do if anything.

And yes, this is how many of his view "The Car Salesman". IMO it is more the norm then not. However, I think the forum dealers are all very responsible and honest as they have proven many times over. Just another reason to buy from forum dealers if you can.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:14 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

Default Re: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!! (Crusher)

This dealer is in kearny NJ (Crusher) is that anywhere near you???? I am going to try to contact the GM..
Old 02-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

About an hour north of me.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:09 PM
pwrshhftd
Pro

I think your being a baby. Welcome to the world of business. You are emailing this guy and threatening him and the way he makes his living. I would bet that you are likely even taking him out of context. He is a car salesman dude, not a probate court judge. I would say he is still with in the bounds of a care salesmans ethical code. I am sure that many members of this forum have done MUCH worse than tell the public that " the C5 isnt being produced anymore".
This happens everytime you see a "get it while it lats " commercial on your tv. This happens in 99.9% of every business in the world. I am sorry you havent been aware of it until you decided to stick your nose where it didnt belong and take it upon yourself to email some guy with out any intent but to a harrass him about his ebay add. You supposedly just ordered a 2004? well he IS right, you should have waited on a C6. And yes you WILL take a 10k hit in about 2 weeks. Your car will prolly lose 15,000 plus over the next 9 months.
He doesnt care about your opinion, nor will his boss, nor will his bosses boss. He prolly makes 100 grand a year, shows up for work everyday and is a decent all around guy.
Dude its feb 20th, they are goign to make the C5 for how much longer? prolly 20 days?
GET A GRIP sounds liek to me your just mad because you bought a 2004 and should have bought a 2005

[Modified by pwrshhftd, 3:25 PM 2/14/2004]
Old 02-14-2004, 03:25 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

Default Re: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!! (pwrshhftd)

pwrshhftd, I guess you are intitled to your opinion.....

To me The word HONEST means alittle bit more... What would happen to this board if people like this were to exist, and no one who have any guts to do anything about it....

Sorry if I offended you in anyway, by bringing up to peoples attention a dealer who has scum working for it, maybe if we were all as good as yourself we would not need any help.

Thanks again for your input, but I think other members may see some help out of this.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:28 PM
pwrshhftd
Pro

Dude im just stating the obvious. Are you surprised that a dealer advertises like this??

I would say 85 % of dealers will do this and have done this and WILL DO MUCH WORSE.

Dont goto a prison and then get mad because someone throuws crap at you from their jail cell.

Dont goto a slaughter house and get mad because you saw someone shoot a cow.

Wake up and realize that the whole stinkign world is JUST LIKE THIS.

Its called capitalism. be glad you have it this good.

Communism is much worse.

[Modified by pwrshhftd, 3:34 PM 2/14/2004]
Old 02-14-2004, 04:11 PM
ktchev
Cancelled

I must state my own opinion on this matter. I think Dan Anderson is only doing the right thing here by advising potential customer of a True Life Experience he had with a business. He posted the Dealer Employees actual e-mails which I think are very unprofessional, unethical and almost insulting. You are right that Dan didn't have to e-mail him but it is a free country and he wanted to call the guy on his false advertising. It is dealers like this that give the whole car industry a bad name when as most of us know 90% of the Dealers are very reputable, honest concerned citizens that donate thousand to charities and other community functions.

Thank you Dan for letting all of us know about your experience with this dealer. If someone would lie about one thing doesn't it make the possiblity that some of the other things they may tell you (deposits), (delivery Dates) etc... may not be totally trueful as well.

People like this dealer only makes us reputable dealers work harder and be more successful. Fortunately for those buying 2004 C-5's most are buying cars for substantially under factory invoice so what ever drop in value they may experiece will be helped by the up front price. After all not everyone needs to have the state of the art latest and greatest. For those that don't care they are buying the C-5's and the lowest prices ever!!

Steve Edgar
Karl Tyler Chevrolet
www.montanacorvette.com

[Modified by ktchev, 2:12 PM 2/14/2004]
Old 02-14-2004, 04:58 PM
b98
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IT's too bad that there not making the 2004's any more , I was just about to order 350 new 2004 corvettes for the people that where so nice to me when I ran out of gas at the edge of there quaint little town.

MR. DEEDS :jester
Old 02-14-2004, 05:01 PM
pwrshhftd
Pro

Default Re: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!! (ktchev)

Leave it to another dealer to step in and lend his opinon. Just an example of an attempt to clear the names of "honest" dealers and car salesmen everrywhere.
And a perfect opportunity seized for an advertisement plug.
How predictable.

my point i that there is no way that myself, or anyone else including mr karl tyler chevy can tell if this is even an accurate depiction of what happened in this case.

Anyone that jumps on sme band wagon to lynch a person or a business after some kind of post like this is not very wise to say the least.

I could have made up the same post about Steve edgar of karl tyl;er....

and surely enoguh there would bne 4 or 5 people ready to call the CEO of GM, because of how crooked the tyler company was.

wake up folks, and form your own opinions.

so for all you know the guy at worst advertised 20 days early, but do you know if it was an oversight? nope you dont.
and these "posted emals " for that matter could very well been doctored, you know keyboards these days have delete buttons.

D. anderson could have cursed this salesmans mom and called him a retard... im sure that the average guy would fire back some impolite emails . I think i would have a similar response if Mr anderson were to send me several harrassing emails.

The thing is , none of is but mr anderson and the salesman know what happened here.

so read the post and take it for what it is worth, write it down in your little mental book.

To take a side based on one persons account.... well thats just plain DUMB.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Old 02-14-2004, 05:11 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

pwrshhftd, I am not sure what you have against me... Maybe your the salesman...
I cut a pasted the actual emails, if you would look...

The dealers who I have placed orders with, did not lie to me in anyway... Pwrshhftd, before you accuse me of BS on the cars I have order, I can send you a copy of all the purchase contracts if you like, because I am sure that will be you next post against me.

Anyway, I called the dealership, and the GM called me back. He told me the person is being delt with, and assured me it would not ever happen again...

He said he did not want his dealership represented in that manner, and it was unprofessional.

Old 02-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Silver65
Advanced

You did the right thing all around Dzzz. :thumbs:
Old 02-14-2004, 06:44 PM
pwrshhftd
Pro

I think I made my point, no need to even continue this discussion.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Donzi4me
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!! (Silver65)

The listing does say in APRIL the C5 will not be available....

But I agree, his emails where very unprofessional. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!!

Old 02-14-2004, 09:13 PM
repo
Team Owner

Location: "when lightning strikes twice, the funerals insane, the funerals insane"
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

I think I made my point, no need to even continue this discussion.
You made your point to yourself, no one else. :rolleyes: He was trying to help.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:28 PM
speedy1
Racer

Default Re: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!! (Donzi4me)

If the salesman feels he needs to clear his name he can plug in at anytime now, other than that, thanks for the heads up, good looking out. Good this car salesman isn't an investment brooker. :flag
Old 02-14-2004, 09:28 PM
legendzzz
Racer

You did the right thing telling us about his ways of doing business. Power thinks that is OK thats why he would say nothing about it and have the forum guys buy our vettes from a jerk just because he states the obvious(in a RUDE manner). I do not know this dealership and after what you went thru would not give my money to them ever. There are too many dealerships to buy from . Anyone who has worked in sales or customer service know there are certain ways of saying things that will make someone feel more comfortable and secure (you get more bees with honey than vinegar) and even if you think the customer is asking a stupid question NEVER make him feel he is. Anyway thanks for the info :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Quick Reply: Ebay Dishonest Dealer Please Read!!!