Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Where is the best site to sell my SS? (looking at getting a vette)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where is the best site to sell my SS? (looking at getting a vette)

Well, like the topic says.. Ebay just got me flaky bids and offers to trade for cars I dont want. the car is worth every penny of what im asking but I keep running into people that WANT the car but have no $$$.. I looking at getting a 68 or 69 car for my next project but this one has to go first..

Oh, selling cause it's done.. Ive been told its one of the nicest SS's in the country.. :)

Any ideas of a GOOD place to sell a car like this? (no Ebay or LS1.com).. Thanks..

Old 06-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Gregger SS
Navigator

Default Re: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (Steve2000SS)

That is a gorgeous car, I've seen it on a net a few times...How much are you asking for it? I'm currently trying to sell my 427 Camaro and get a new project also. You have e-mail.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:19 PM
427-Z06
Pro

What si the asking price?
Old 06-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Corvette Poor
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (2002-Z06)

What is the asking price?

:iagree:
Old 06-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Thanks guys :) -- yea, im pretty proud of it.. fast, handles great and can hang with the old cars at the shows.. It only cost me $30k in modifications to get it that way!! :lolg:

I am asking $30k.. People that have seen the car have said its a very fair price.. considering the car blue books at around $22k.. never in rain, never smoked in.. I could go on.. email me and I can provide detailed pics and heck, even testimonials ;)

Here are most all the mods:

Four time best in class winner at Super Chevy
Editors Choice Top Ten Winner at 2002 Pomona Super Chevy
Numerous local car show wins
March 03 featured in Super Chevy Magazine
Currently featured in Camaro Performers Magazine (Z06 rims)

Best of the Best in mods from full power heated/cooled Recaro seats and 6-piston Wilwood brakes to fully polished 18" HRE wheels.. no expense spared (trust me on this).. The car is good ballanced mix of appearance and performance mods.. Fast but still easy to drive and live with.. absolutly perfect..

Mods: (in addition to the factory mods.. fully loaded)
Engine:
Aluminum 5.7 liter (346cui) LS1 V8
Dynoed 4-8-03 @ 370 rear wheel HP and 373 rwtq
Thunder Racing 220/220 .551 lift 114LSA cam
Comp Cams 918 springs
Thunder Racing hardened pushrods
Katech ported LS6 oil pump
Katech timing chain
LS6 Intake manifold
30# Siemens Deka injectors
Ceramic coated JBA headers with Stage 8 locks
ASP crank pulley
Katech solid tensioner
K&N FIPK filter system with custom hoses and clamps
Color matched fuel rail covers
Thunder Racing ported MAF ends
8mm Taylor Spiro Pro Wires
Billet caps and covers by Mallory Billet
Custom engine and intake plaques
Optima battery
Morgan Motorsports ported throttle body with MAF translator
Custom carbon fiber covers and brackets
Polished billet caps
Stainless GMMG chambered duel exhaust with custom Y-pipe
Custom teflon lined braid hoses for AC, PS, brakes and fuel
3” QTP electric Cut-out
Deleted Wiring loom
Turn One polished billet power steering pulley

Transmission/Rearend/Cooling:
T-56 Six-Speed manual transmission
3.73 rear-axle ratio
Pro 5.0 billet shifter with Lous Short Stick
Eaton posi unit
Tom’s differential girdle
Edelebrock torque arm with poly mount
SLP high capacity radiator
160 degree Hypertech thermostat
Reprogrammed fans (LS1 Edit)
PermaCool power steering cooler

Suspension/Brakes:
6-Piston 13” Wilwood front brakes ~ Rear Eradispeed rotors
Hotchkis Signature Series boxed rear trailing arms
Signature Series adjustable pan hard rod
Granetelli Boxed upper pan hard rod
Hotchkis chromed strut tower brace
Hotchkis weld-in sub-frame connectors
BMR cross brace with DS safety loop
SLP valved Bilstien shocks
BMR LCA Relocation brackets
1LE 35mm front sway bar & 1LE 21mm rear sway bar
Hotchkis progressive rate springs (1.5” drop)

Interior:
Full power heated/cooled RECARO seats with matching backseat & doors
Carbon Fiber interior trim
Custom Granatelli 200mph white gauges with bezel
Milled billet SS pedal set
leather shift **** & custom stitched boot
Custom embroidered rear deck mat & floor mats
Custom billet AC Vents

Audio:
Alpine CDA-7995 CD/MP3/XM headunit
Eclipse Component fronts and Boston Midbass rear speakers
Eclipse 5 channel 650w amplifier (hidden)
10” Kicker Comp VR woofer in hidden custom sub box

Exterior:
Functional Ram-Air hood
Z-28 style “stinger” stripes in front & back
18x9 front and 18x10 back full polished HRE 545 rims
Clear front turn signal lenses & rear side markers
Export style GM rear tail lights
Power antenna
Wings West color matched front grill – custom mesh
Carbon Fiber rear CAMARO letters
Shaved front CAMARO emblem

[Modified by Steve2000SS, 5:43 PM 6/25/2003]
Old 06-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Default Re: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (Gregger SS)

Gregger427.. what kind of 427 Camaro??? (new or old, etc.)

[Modified by Steve2000SS, 5:43 PM 6/25/2003]
Old 06-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Viserys
Heel & Toe

How do you figure KBB is $22000? Most you could get is maybe 19000 for it. Depends if people want to pay extra for what you have done to it and because its been in magazines. Youd be lucky to get 16 grand if you traded it into a dealer. I know, cause Ive tried to trade my mint 2000 SS and the dealer told me 13500. Could care less about the mods I had done to it.

KBB Private Party Sale
2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe 2D

Engine: V8 5.7 Liter
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 15000

Equipment
SS Pkg
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Tilt Wheel
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Rear Spoiler
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value $18,886
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car

Old 06-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Default Re: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (Viserys)

God, there is one of you on every board isnt there? The, "you car isnt worth crap" person.. Did I ask your opinion on what I should sell my car for? Have you ever seen my SS? Why the f#&$ are you telling me about traiding it in to a dealer? Dealers ream you on everything.. there is a shocker..

If you think $30k is too much for my car then dont buy it.. Oh, I was doing a WAG on the KBB guestimate but when I run the car through I get $20660.

So, that why im selling private party.. because even if you could buy a low miles perfect condition SS for even $15k you still could not duplicate my car for even $40,000.. For someone that wants an SS done up the way mine is it would be far cheaper to buy this one than make your own..

I wasnt even trying to sell the car here.. I was asking for advice on good sites to sell.. so please, keep your negative opinions to yourself.. thanks :rant:
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 AM
FRC21
Racer

Steve I sold my SS in the "sports car trader" for $22K about a year ago. The car had boyd smothies, all jet hot coated underhood parts, everything was detailed and cleaned. I sent you some pics of it to post on LS1tech about a year and half ago. It took me about 3 months to get what I needed but a guy from houston flew up and bought it.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 AM
411_monkey
Pro

Great car :D I think the price is right 30k seems decent but it might take you a while to sell cause some people really don't give a crap about what you put it in and some do. Most people buy modded cars like yours for close to book value because thats the plan let someone else mod the car for you then buy it for the same price as any other stock used car. Camaros are great cars and i love them i was gonna get one but then i decided to save up a bit more to get a corvette. Good luck selling your car its real nice. I was considering buying it when i saw it but i don't like the color =/ black is my fav color for cars.

As for selling it have you tried www.autotrader.com?

[Modified by 411_monkey, 11:08 PM 6/25/2003]
Old 06-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Default Re: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (411_monkey)

FRC21: I think I remember your car.. yep, it takes time to find someone with the DESIRE AND the $$$$$ :) -- Ive had a couple offers but they couldnt get financed (bad credit).. I have a young lady in NY that is sending me a deposit and is buying it for $27000 (i will demod $3k off the car) but I would rather sell it to someone that will take care of it.. and id rather not have to demod the car at all and hassle shipping it (at her expense) to NY.

411 Monkey said:
Great car I think the price is right 30k seems decent but it might take you a while to sell cause some people really don't give a crap about what you put it in and some do. Most people buy modded cars like yours for close to book value because thats the plan let someone else mod the car for you then buy it for the same price as any other stock used car. Camaros are great cars and i love them i was gonna get one but then i decided to save up a bit more to get a corvette. Good luck selling your car its real nice. I was considering buying it when i saw it but i don't like the color =/ black is my fav color for cars.

:) --- yep, my next car is a frame offed 69 RS/Z28.. the guy is loosing $$ on that car as well.. its rarely an investment.. Trust me, even at $30k im loosing a TON but its been a blast owning it the last three years and I accomplished every goal I had with it.. so im a happy camper. :)

Oh, I would be stupid to sell it for book.. I could part it back to near stock and make $10-$15k on the parts..

I like black, on other peoples cars, too tough keeping it nice and im too picky to put up with it.. Hey, do I get points for black stipes?? ;)

The sports car trader is a good idea.. thanks :yesnod:

[Modified by Steve2000SS, 9:27 PM 6/25/2003]
Old 06-26-2003, 12:38 AM
alexWS6
Drifting

the car has such attention to detail and so many custom pieces that look like stock but really were a PITA to get that way you could probably never recoup the $ and time. I say keep it if you can, it would take a really special buyer to let that car go :yesnod:
Old 06-26-2003, 01:12 AM
FRC21
Racer

Default Re: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (alexWS6)

Oh yea...........I just wanted to say your SS is one of a kind. :cheers:
Old 06-26-2003, 12:08 PM
Viserys
Heel & Toe

No need to get all butt hurt steve. I've been a member on LS1.com for 4 years now and LS1tech since they started so I'm familiar with your vehicle. Im just being realistic. Just because you have some minor performance mods and shiney nuts and bolts doesnt make your car any more than a *surprise* used 2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS.

Obviously you feel strongly about your car because you have much time and money invested in it but the car is only worth what someone will pay for it. I hope you do get 30 grand for it. You should expect to get different opinions from people, especially on the internet. No hard feelings.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Except I didnt ask for your opinion.. Your just the typical guy that thinks they have something usefull to contribute that nobody has thought of.. What did your post have to do with my thread??

Your right about value.. a $5000 Rolex is only worth $5 if thats all you can get for it.. To somebody else that same watch may be worth $8000.. and your point is what???

And thanks for pointing out to me (us) that my car is nothing but a couple performance mods and a few shiny bolts :rolleyes: -- Obviously we all need your expert guidance to see that my car is basicly stock (well except for the stereo, interior, suspension, brakes, exterior and other stuff that dosent count I guess)..

Consider yourself thanked for your amazing insight and lets agree to stay out of each others threads :)
Old 06-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Viserys
Heel & Toe

No worries. You're just mad I wont call your car the be all end all of camaros. I still think its a used camaro that was massed produced, just like mine.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Viserys wrote:

No worries. You're just mad I wont call your car the be all end all of camaros. I still think its a used camaro that was massed produced, just like mine

Actually im not mad.. im more annoyed that you clutter up my post with off topic bits of your opinion... And I could actually care less about your opinion of my car, my life or just about anything. I never said my Camaro is the the "be all end all" but it is one of the nicer in the country.. Maybe you need to get over that? ;) 5 whole posts on this board and 3 of them are cluttering my thread.. lucky me.. :)

Thank you Capt. Obvious for point out that Camaros (and vettes, and Vipers, and etc) are massed produced.. and im sure in your world a lingerfelter vette is no different from a regular vette and a car is a car is a car..

Maybe you should save the world and post in every single "car for sale" thread and let them all know what their car is worth??? Im sure you can get your post count up quickly that way :lol:

BTW: the car is tentativly sold (deposit on the way) its just that I would rather sell it somewhere closer than NY and Id rather sell it to an enthusiast that will take care of it.

Im sure you wont be able to resist trolling another useless post in here so I will paitiently wait for your next burst of genious :thumbs:

[Modified by Steve2000SS, 3:26 PM 6/26/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Where is the best site to sell my SS? (looking at getting a vette)

Old 06-26-2003, 06:32 PM
DamagedStylus
Advanced

Steve,
In case you didn't notice, some people around here have a real phenomenal ability to try and tell you that your car isn't worth s#it. Just ignore it, I'm starting to learn that's the best way to deal with the naysayers. (And there's more of them around here than ants at a picnic...)

I like what you've done to your car...looks like you went top notch with all the mods. Good luck finding a buyer, sooner or later you'll find someone who knows that they're getting a bargain.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Steve2000SS
Instructor

Default Re: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (DamagedStylus)

Thanks, I read your post also (and several others) and you have your share of EXPERTS in there also..

If they dont want the car then dont buy it but why polute peoples threads?? Heck, does this section of the board even have a moderator???

Sell a car is like dart.. sometimes you get a bullseye on the first throw and sometimes it takes awhile.. :)
Old 06-26-2003, 11:13 PM
Viserys
Heel & Toe

I still think your car is just a well maintained camaro, thats about it. Sorry I wont ride your nuts like most other people and stroke your ego. Im looking forward to seeing what your new camaro looks like. Should be nice. Like I said, no hard feelings.

[Modified by Viserys, 6:15 PM 6/26/2003]

Quick Reply: Where is the best site to sell my SS? (looking at getting a vette)