Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2003 50th Anniversary Black/Black C5 Z06 - mild mods - 28k miles, $27k [VA]

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 02:38 PM
Turncoat
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 50th Anniversary Black/Black C5 Z06 - mild mods - 28k miles, $27k [VA]

Hello everyone,

I've gone back and forth on this for a few years, and I think it's time to let this car go to a new owner who will spend more time enjoying it.

Details:
Year: 2003 (50th)
Model: Z06
Mileage: 28k+ (just passed 28k, may go up slightly if I drive in the coming weeks)
Exterior: Black
Interior: Black

Mods:
American Racing (ARH) long tube headers
Vararam intake
Dyno tuned by Frost (Steve Williams)
ATI Super Damper
Elite Engineering aluminum frame rails
ACA HID projector headlights
Shorty antenna
Pro Clip phone holder
Dual valve springs*
Titanium retainers*
Chromoly pushrods*
Ported LS6 oil pump*
Timing set replaced (gears/chain/tensioners)*
Water pump*
* - these items were reported by the previous owner as done at 13,838 miles, although I wasn't provided a receipt and cannot visually verify from installed items, so I'm trusting prior owner(s) here.

Maintenance/repairs at Cooper Corvettes (for prior owner) at 18,516 miles:
Resealed engine (rear seal, timing cover, oil pan, lower pan, intake gaskets, exhaust manifold)
New clutch
Replaced front leaf spring
Thermostat, fluids

Clutch slave and master cylinders replaced at 20,040 miles by Cooper Corvettes (previous owner).

I purchased the car in 2017 with just under 25k miles, so I've put ~3k miles on it in the past 6.5 years. During that time, it's been rock solid. Beyond regular oil and filter changes, I've replaced the battery, wiper blades, and driver's window regulator assembly. The only modifications I added were the aluminum frame rails (to protect the fiberglass panels when lifting the car) and I had the car dyno tuned by Steve Williams of EFIperformance ("tuned by Frost") in Richmond to verify it was properly done since I had no records of the original tune.

The exterior is in great shape, with only minor cosmetic blemishes and nothing significant to report. The interior is almost spotless, and somehow still smells new. Car has been garaged for a majority of its life, although I can't say it's never seen rain or sat outside overnight. It's probably not show car condition as it sits, but a good detailer could get it there. Comes with all original owner's manual documents, and I may still have the VHS tape somewhere. Two working key fobs and indoor car cover included.

Disclosures/disclaimers/suggestions for the next owner:
  • The tires are old (because of the lack of mileage), and the fronts don't match the rears. This never bothered me enough to replace them, but I probably would before taking any long trips, especially given the lack of a spare.
  • VA emissions inspection is current thru Dec 2024. However, the exhaust system is not totally stock, and the car is tuned, so do your own math if you live in an area where that could present issues. I do have factory exhaust manifolds that will come with the car.
  • I will list the actual sale price on the title when I sell. Don't ask me to falsify, because I won't.
  • When I replaced the driver's side window regulator assembly, I adjusted the window so that it's about a millimeter or so lower than it was. It still seals fine; I just wanted to make sure it wasn't slamming shut at the top of its travel as that seems to be a factor in stuck windows and I didn't feel like doing the job again.
  • Headlights have just started deciding not to close randomly. I haven't had time to troubleshoot. I may be able to resolve by time of sale, but buyer should assume I cannot.

I'm located in northern Virginia. I am looking for a cash buyer. I hold the clear title and can sell immediately. I won't respond to questions that are answered in the ad, suspected scams, or unreasonable requests. I will let only *serious* potential buyers test drive. I have limited time to meet and show the car, so please only ask if you're comfortable with everything I've listed in the ad, including the price. I believe I've factored all relevant information into the price, so if you don't, please just keep looking. I am happy to keep the car a while longer, but it really deserves to be driven more than I can.

The following users liked this post:
FLYINBY (05-13-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 04:07 PM
shelteredV
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet car, did they put a cam in it when they did all the valve train work? It would seem to be the logical reason for the work to be done? Very interested BTW.
Old 05-05-2024, 05:45 PM
Turncoat
Heel & Toe

Thanks. Not to my knowledge, although I can't be 100% sure. It's not too aggressive if not stock. It doesn't lope at all at idle... just a smooth rumble.

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 05-07-2024 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 11:12 PM
afield0
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did it put down for whp?
Old 05-06-2024, 03:24 AM
Turncoat
Heel & Toe

380. There's probably a bit more to squeeze out, but I had a mix of fresh gas on top of an older tank and told Steve I didn't want to push it/never wanted to worry about it. FWIW, he drove it on the street afterward and said he'd have guessed it felt like 400.

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 05-07-2024 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2024, 03:56 PM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 212 Likes on 136 Posts

Nice looking Z.

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 50th Anniversary Black/Black C5 Z06 - mild mods - 28k miles, $27k [VA]

Quick Reply: FS: 2003 50th Anniversary Black/Black C5 Z06 - mild mods - 28k miles, $27k [VA]