Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: (SOLD) 2004 Z06 Street/Track car

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 09:15 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default (SOLD) 2004 Z06 Street/Track car

Putting my 2004 Corvette Z06 Street/Track car up for sale.

Price: $31k New price: $29K
NOTE: I was doing some maintenance and noticed a small amount of play in the right front wheel bearing. Its not noisy yet, but I would plan to change that before tracking the car. Given this, I am dropping the price to $29K.

Car has around $20K in high end aftermarket parts and has been professionally built/setup by MTI Racing in Georgia.
I will consider serious offers and trades for 4x4 Camper Van (E350 or Transit/Sprinter), some trucks with truck camper setups etc.
In my opinion, this car is ideal for someone looking for a fast, reliable and very fun track car that is still very streetable.

Car Specs:
-2004 Corvette Z06
-A/C, heat, climate control, radio and all electronics work perfectly.
-No accidents, clean and clear title in hand under my name.
-Car currently has ~72K miles

This is the ideal car if you are looking for something you can drive to the track, do the entire 20-30 min session without having to worry about brake, coolant or oil over-heating and drive home in the comfort of A/C, good stereo, a stock sounding exhaust and relatively comfy suspension. Also only requires very basic maintenance. I have done events with this car at Road Atlanta, Gingerman Raceway and High Plains. Driven to the track, full weekend of driving on the track and driven back home. Super reliable, I have driven it all over it country (Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan and Colorado)

Lap around High Plains Raceway:

Engine/Cooling:
-MTI Racing Stainless Steel Works LT headers and X-pipe
-Callaway Honker CAI and ported throttle body
-Custom fiberglass ducking to direct air into radiator and intake area. Includes a removable lower air dam (All custom fiberglass work, 3d printed supports for removable air dam, requires 4 bolts to remove)
-Ron Davis aluminum race radiator with integral oil cooler
-Turn One Power Steering Pump
-Has catalytic converters add in, no check engine lights and it has passed Georgia emissions.
-MTI Racing dyno tune, chassis dyno results 392 hp and 380 ft.-lbs. (at sea-level)
-Canton Racing In-line oil filter setup (less pressure drop and better filtration than spin on filters, allows use of 8 micron filter)
-Corvette Mods PCV Oil Catch can
-Good oil report from Blackstone Labs at last oil change

Chassis/Suspension:
Chassis setup by MTI Racing
-Pfadt Race adjustable sway bars (has billet Aluminum arms, rod end end links)
-Pfadt Adjustable coilovers.
-18x10.5 OEM Speedline wheels all around General Gmax RS tires (~10k miles)
-2nd full set of 18x10.5 OEM Speedlines wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (~7k miles and 6 track sessions)
-Aftermarket Transmission tunnel plate
-3/4" Aluminum rock panel “skid plates”/ frame guard. (first thing that touches if you bottom out on speedbumps etc.)
-Afe rear tow hook, custom front tow hook. Custom fiberglass front cover for front tow hook (still have stock from cover and it fits over the tow hook)
-ARP wheel studs

Brakes:
-Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brake kit front and rear. 2 piece rotors: 355mm front, 345mm rear
-Street pads: Brembo (~60% life left)
-Track Pads: Raybestos ST43 track pads (4 track days on them),
-Rotors: Girodisc, Rotor rings and hardware have (4 track days and less than 7K total miles)
-Castrol SRF fluid, stainless brake hoses
-DRM Quantum Motorsports brake ducts (includes mounts on the spindle for hose to force air into rotor/hub area

Interior:
-Sparco EVO II race seat on the driver side. Mounted on a custom bracket with sliders. (about 2” lower than stock but still adjustable!
-Sparco Pro 2000 Passenger seat with fixed bracket. (I have an additional Sparco Pro 2000 seat that I can swap for the EVO II drivers seat.
-Custom Corvette Accessories serrated pedal pads
-MTI Racing short shifter
-G-Force five point cam-lock harness both sides
-Welded-in roll bar with harness bar installed by MTI Racing, fiberglass refinished and sealed around roll cage.
-Alpine ilx-w650 head unit, 7" touch screen receiver that has Andriod Auto/Apple car play, also added front and rear cameras.
-8” 600w Compact sub/Amp placed behind the passenger seat.
-All wiring is soldered and shrink wrap on every wire/connection.
-HP Tuner MPVI 2 (allows for nice data overlays on track videos and data logging)

Exterior:
-Custom front tow hook with finished and painted fiberglass trim around it (Also have original Corvette cover from front license plate.
-Rear Tow Hook
-Car was detailed/paint corrected and ceramic coated applied by a professional detail shop in fall of 2019

Other/Misc:
-Extra full set of 4x 18x10.5 OEM Speedline wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (~85% thread left)
-Trailer hitch + wiring installed for small track trailers, (I have a custom made trailer that I can sell separately for an additional $1000, strong with good springs/bearings and has ability to be stored/moved standing up so fits in a 1.5ft x5ft space!).
-Ceramic window tint on side and rear glass
-I still have the stock z06 seats and seat belts.
-Hardwired for trickle charger (included with car)
-I have only used Mobil 1 for the engine, AMSOIL for differential and transmissions, Castrol SRF for brakes.

Flaws:
-Brake calipers have some discoloration and pealing of clearcoat from track use.
-Some marks/chips in paint, mostly front bumper and behind wheel wells (common for a car that sees track use)
-Couple rock chips on windshield.
-Wheel bearing noise (see above)

At Road Atlanta

At Road Atlanta

Front brake brakes

Front brake brake duct

Rear brakes and Suspension

Rear Suspension

Custom Trailer

Fiberglass around rear rollbar in trunk area

Oil report at 70K miles.

Oil Filter, located right under the radiator.

Last edited by zainracer; 04-21-2023 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Price update
The following 2 users liked this post by zainracer:
jjc508520 (03-30-2023), thegypsie (01-06-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 09:51 PM
sworks87
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

this is a brilliant build.... id say considering brakes and suspension, well worth 30k
Old 01-06-2023, 01:38 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by sworks87
this is a brilliant build.... id say considering brakes and suspension, well worth 30k
Thanks!

There is probably a small segment that would really appreciate and use this car but for the right person it is hard to beat at that price point!
I have only done 2 events with it in the past 2 years and I hate to see it sit on a trickle charger so hoping someone that will really use it can take advantage of it!
Old 01-27-2023, 12:01 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Bump! All PMs replied to. I have had some interest but nothing solid yet.
Old 02-15-2023, 09:58 PM
trackdaddy61
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions

Nicely set up car, I'm interested. Are you running stock hubs? Stock bushings? Is the rest of the drivetrain essentially stock (original) Z06? Are you running oil pan baffles? Please advise.

Last edited by trackdaddy61; 02-15-2023 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:51 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by trackdaddy61
Nicely set up car, I'm interested. Are you running stock hubs? Stock bushings? Is the rest of the drivetrain essentially stock (original) Z06? Are you running oil pan baffles? Please advise.
Hi,
Thanks for the interest!
It has stock hubs and bushings. I inspected the hubs/wheel bearings before my last track day (May of last year) and everything looked/felt solid. Yes, aside from the mods I listed, everything else is stock. No oil pan baffles, with the stock "bat wing" oil pan, I have never had any issues even when running sticker tires like Pilot Sport Cups.

Thanks,
-Zain
Old 02-16-2023, 05:10 PM
trackdaddy61
Navigator

Let's communicate off forum, I'm interested in purchasing.

Last edited by trackdaddy61; 02-16-2023 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:26 PM
DriveItHard!
Burning Brakes

still for sale?
Old 03-02-2023, 09:02 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by DriveItHard!
still for sale?
Yes!
Old 03-12-2023, 01:42 PM
TheeLittleK
2nd Gear

Very nice build!

How long ago was the work done by MTI?
It's the clutch and transmission all stock?
Are you the original owner? Or do you know how many owners there have been?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-12-2023, 08:22 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Thank you!

I am not sure on the exact timing of the work as it was done by the previous owner but it was atleast 5 years and ~20k miles ago.
The clutch and transmission is stock
I am the 3rd owner.

Thanks
-Zain

Last edited by zainracer; 03-16-2023 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 11:59 AM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Pending sale! Still available
Thank you all for the interest!

-Zain

Last edited by zainracer; 03-16-2023 at 11:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sworks87 (03-14-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 01:14 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,419 Likes on 14,038 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

If the sale goes through, please post in this thread so it can be closed. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:52 PM
992C2S
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zainracer
Pending sale!
Thank you all for the interest!

-Zain

sale go through?
Old 03-16-2023, 11:08 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 992C2S
sale go through?
The buyer backed out, shipping cost of car+spares to Seattle was too high.
There is one other person who is interested that I am in conversation with but keeping myself open to others that might be interested.

Thanks!

Also wanted to add, I have a spare hood (you can use it to add hood vents and preserve the stock hood), and a couple totes of extra parts like old rotors, track pads, radiator hoses(that is a maintenance item I would address soon), and some other MISC. stuff. All that would be included with the car.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:54 PM
992C2S
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zainracer
The buyer backed out, shipping cost of car+spares to Seattle was too high.
There is one other person who is interested that I am in conversation with but keeping myself open to others that might be interested.

Thanks!

Also wanted to add, I have a spare hood (you can use it to add hood vents and preserve the stock hood), and a couple totes of extra parts like old rotors, track pads, radiator hoses(that is a maintenance item I would address soon), and some other MISC. stuff. All that would be included with the car.
Sorry to hear that. About how many track days would you say are on the motor? Any compression tests done? I’m in Nashville, might try and see if we can coordinate a visit this week.
Old 03-22-2023, 10:49 AM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 992C2S
Sorry to hear that. About how many track days would you say are on the motor? Any compression tests done? I’m in Nashville, might try and see if we can coordinate a visit this week.
Hi,
I responded to your PM but also posting on here incase others have the same question:
The previous owner also tracked the car before me so I don't have an accurate number of track days. Based on notes that I got from him, I would assuming ~20-25 track days. I have done ~10 days (not weekends) in the last 15K miles and ~4 years which is how long I have owned it. I have never done a compression test on this and have no reason to believe the motor is weak/low compression. It gets VERY little oil in the catch can after a track day, maybe a couple ounces and doesn't seem to burn any oil. I change the oil every~ 3k-5k miles (depending on number of track days) and always check the oil level before oil changes-It is never low.
I am happy to do a compression and/or leak down test for a serious potential buyer.

Just to clarify-this is a track car, not a garage queen. In my opinion, it is in very good shape for being a track car but it is not a show car or a track car that was built and never used. I tried my best to show this with the pictures and I am happy to take/send more pictures if interested.

Get notified of new replies

To (SOLD) 2004 Z06 Street/Track car

Old 03-27-2023, 11:20 AM
80Veet_nomore
5th Gear

I cannot figure out how to PM you. When I click on your user name, I don't get the option to PM you.
I am interested in this and would like to discuss details

Let me know.
Old 03-27-2023, 12:15 PM
zainracer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 80Veet_nomore
I cannot figure out how to PM you. When I click on your user name, I don't get the option to PM you.
I am interested in this and would like to discuss details

Let me know.
Hi,
One of the Moderators might be able to help. I tired to send you a PM and it doesn't seem to let me send you any PMs either.
If that is not resolved, I can connect over phone/email. My email address is ZainNoordin@gmail.com.

Thanks,
-Zain
Old 03-28-2023, 12:49 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,419 Likes on 14,038 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Just an FYI - the forum software prevents new members from using the PM feature in an effort to prevent scamming and spamming activities. If a new member continues to post in compliance with the rules, the ability to PM other members will be enabled at a certain point.

Quick Reply: FS: (SOLD) 2004 Z06 Street/Track car