Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTB: Fairway Green C5 (May consider other colors too)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 03:36 AM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Fairway Green C5 (May consider other colors too)

Been regretting selling my C5 and C6. Looking to get back in the vette scene.

Here is what I am looking for

- Fairway green
- Millennium Yellow
- Any other color (Except black and silver) as long as it has a mod red interior.

Must be manual. Prefer light mods such as exhaust, headers, wheels, brakes, etc...

Budget of ~15k +/- for the right car. Located in Western NY and would prefer to stay on the east coast.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:22 AM
Pro

Bump
Old 05-05-2021, 02:42 PM
timfitz63
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just FYI, in case you weren't aware: Fairway Green is a very nice color, but it was only available in '97 & '98 and were built in very limited numbers (378 total units for both model years combined, with convertibles being comparatively rare as they were '98 only). Manual transmissions are tough to find in these early model years too...

But they do turn up for sale from time to time, though, so good luck!
Old 05-05-2021, 07:39 PM
hallsofma
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2000 Bowling Green Coupe, 6sp 45k miles, HUD, dual tops for $15k. Located on Cape Cod.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by timfitz63
Just FYI, in case you weren't aware: Fairway Green is a very nice color, but it was only available in '97 & '98 and were built in very limited numbers (378 total units for both model years combined, with convertibles being comparatively rare as they were '98 only). Manual transmissions are tough to find in these early model years too...

But they do turn up for sale from time to time, though, so good luck!
Yeah, I knew going in it would be a tough find. Wasn't positive on the actual production numbers but I knew they were limited to only 97/98.
Guess I have a thing for the rare production ones hahah. My last C5 was 6speed MY with a MOD red interior. Around 35 or so were built in 00 in that combo.

Originally Posted by hallsofma
I have a 2000 Bowling Green Coupe, 6sp 45k miles, HUD, dual tops for $15k. Located on Cape Cod.
Pmed.

Last edited by 703; 05-06-2021 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:28 AM
timfitz63
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Yeah, I knew going in it would be a tough find. Wasn't positive on the actual production numbers but I knew they were limited to only 97/98.
Guess I have a thing for the rare production ones hahah. My last C5 was 6speed MY with a MOD red interior. Around 35 or so were built in 00 in that combo.
Copy all. I don't think I've ever seen a Fairway Green with a red interior, although I know Chevy would have built one, if ordered... I've seen photos of Millennium Yellows with a red interior; those are few and far between for sure... Often times, purchase success is just a matter of patience and time with these rare paint colors.

Another rare color to consider, if you just want something uncommon, is Purple Pearl Metallic/Majestic Amethyst: 1998 only and only 381 total units produced. And, of course, there's the C5 unicorn: Aztec Gold Metallic (15 total units in 1998). I'm absolutely certain there are no factory-installed red interiors in the Aztec Gold cars, though; only black and beige.

In any case, good luck with the search!
Old 05-06-2021, 11:03 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by timfitz63
Copy all. I don't think I've ever seen a Fairway Green with a red interior, although I know Chevy would have built one, if ordered... I've seen photos of Millennium Yellows with a red interior; those are few and far between for sure... Often times, purchase success is just a matter of patience and time with these rare paint colors.

Another rare color to consider, if you just want something uncommon, is Purple Pearl Metallic/Majestic Amethyst: 1998 only and only 381 total units produced. And, of course, there's the C5 unicorn: Aztec Gold Metallic (15 total units in 1998). I'm absolutely certain there are no factory-installed red interiors in the Aztec Gold cars, though; only black and beige.

In any case, good luck with the search!
Good Info, I honestly don't expect to find a green vette with red interior. Id consider other colors like white, blue, Gray, Yellow if it had the red interior otherwise it's just the waiting game for a FG to show up for sale. Their out there and I'm not in a rush to buy.

I've seen both the Gold and purple come up for sale but they are few and far between as well
Old 05-07-2021, 08:56 AM
Drknght
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a Fairway green manual vert on eBay.....
Old 05-07-2021, 09:32 PM
TP98
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Good Info, I honestly don't expect to find a green vette with red interior. Id consider other colors like white, blue, Gray, Yellow if it had the red interior otherwise it's just the waiting game for a FG to show up for sale. Their out there and I'm not in a rush to buy.

I've seen both the Gold and purple come up for sale but they are few and far between as well
IIRC, the red interior in 97-98 was the darker Firethorn red which would be especially striking with Fairway green. Wonder how many of those there are?
Old 05-07-2021, 09:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TP98
IIRC, the red interior in 97-98 was the darker Firethorn red which would be especially striking with Fairway green. Wonder how many of those there are?
Honestly, I'm guessing none or at most 5. Most people wouldn't think to put a red interior in a green car. the firethorn red I'm really not too fond of.. I really like the MOD red.. bright and in your face.. If I found one with a black interior I'd swap it with my dad's MOD red.

Get notified of new replies

To Fairway Green C5 (May consider other colors too)

Quick Reply: WTB: Fairway Green C5 (May consider other colors too)