Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2004 Corvette Z06 MY

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 09:11 PM
woasuby
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2004 Corvette Z06 MY

For sale is my 2004 Corvette Z06 in millennium yellow. It has about 38,500 miles, miles may rise as I still take it out.
No history of accidents, clean and clear title.
All maintenance has been performed on time.
It is in good condition, exterior 9/10 and interior 9/10.
During my ownership the only issues I've encountered were a squeaky idler pulley and belt, both of which have been replaced with oem parts.
Battery was replaced last year (last one lasted 7 yrs).
I would really like for it to go to a good home.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Price is $19,900.
I commute between Springfield, VA and Hanover, MD; so I can show the car anywhere between these locations. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks
443-534-6694

Last edited by woasuby; 03-17-2020 at 09:44 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by woasuby:
cor28vettes (05-26-2020), dcarr (03-19-2020), Hepcat (05-17-2020), IMXCITD (03-22-2020), Ro Vega (09-02-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 01:46 PM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Beautiful car; I can't see this one lasting too long. GLWS
Old 03-18-2020, 03:14 PM
turbojay70
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car. Are you the original owner? If not, what's the car's history? 100% besides the parts replaced that you mentioned above?

Last edited by turbojay70; 03-18-2020 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:55 AM
dcarr
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Great color combo!
Old 03-19-2020, 10:56 AM
don.bernow@mts.com
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm interested in this car. But looking at your other posts is this the same car that has been tracked?
Old 03-19-2020, 12:10 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

In my view 9/10 is Excellent/Exceptional condition, not just good or very good.

I'd peck good @ 7/10 but it's not yet my car.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:35 PM
woasuby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1996Z15
Beautiful car; I can't see this one lasting too long. GLWS
Thank you!
Originally Posted by turbojay70
Beautiful car. Are you the original owner? If not, what's the car's history? 100% besides the parts replaced that you mentioned above?
I am the third owner, and have had it for about 4 years now, I tried to take good care of it as did the previous owners. I bought it with 18k miles from the 2nd owner who had it for about 10 years. The 2nd owner bought it from his golf buddy. Outside of rotors pads and new brake lines, no modifications.
Originally Posted by dcarr
Great color combo!
Thanks, I don't know what the stats are, but I haven't seen one like it in a while.
Originally Posted by don.bernow@mts.com
I'm interested in this car. But looking at your other posts is this the same car that has been tracked?
Yes, I attended 1 autocross day and 1 track day about 2 years ago.
Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
In my view 9/10 is Excellent/Exceptional condition, not just good or very good.
I'd peck good @ 7/10 but it's not yet my car.
Its all subjective, so I asked my detailer for his opinion. He said compared to new it's about a 8/10, for the year and mileage he said about a 8.5/10 (Few small rock chips on the bumper and hood, and tar on the inside of the wheels, etc..). He mentioned that corvettes from this era did not have the best quality in paint and that my car was well taken care of and in pretty good shape for the year and mileage. If anyone would like to take a look and post a grade, you are more than welcome to do so. I have fixed my description according to this info. Thanks!

​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by woasuby:
cor28vettes (03-19-2020), turbojay70 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 10:22 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,187 Likes on 5,999 Posts

Very nice... do you have the front plate filler panel? Looks like the a-pillar/roof trim is cracked. Appears to be happening on the majority of these cars as they age.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:38 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Originally Posted by dcarr
Great color combo!
Although some posts in the past have contributed this combo to Ronald Mac Donald in jest, it's done w/o regard to history & hence in ignorance. Way back in the 1930's the legendary 'Duesenberg Special a.k.a. Mormon Meteor'set a land speed record of 154MPH (and that's before the engine was swapped out).

Guess the color combo of the Meteor.... Go the South-East Forum for thread titled "Your Official Florida Relocate Thread" post #37. Or click this link.
https://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho....php?t=3987105 Check out that chrome side exhaust.

forgot to mention it went for $4M+ at auction many yrs ago.

Last edited by cor28vettes; 04-10-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:27 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Default Gotta do it cause I'm used to it (old 60's American proverb)

Q's

Are you using the car DD commute rain or shine? Round trip miles if so.
Todays current mileage (important)

Do you have any active prospect/buyer besides me either on the forum or on autotrader?

Do you have any current frontal pics/wheel wells + hood. Curb rash or rock pepples as you said.
And driver seat bottom (unrelated to curb damage of course).
As you know pics are 3 yrs old.

Rate the cars mechanical condition 1-10
Any wobble to the harmonic balancer? Has it been replaced by you or priors?
If so, what brand replacement?
Clutch condition, shifter situation? Tire situation. Wheel rub?
No known mechanical or appearance issues... correct?

When you state you attended track you participated correct? (sorry but clarity is the LEO in me)

As we are aware I've been evaluating your car (in spite of it having the spear BSM). Been considering 04 MY/mod for a while now. Here is documented proof...
https://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho....php?t=3516943

Based on your responses I may make you an offer in spite of active current events: todays WSJ breaking news that "The Worst Sell-Off Isn't Here Yet", and last nights... "Coronavirus Wreaks Havoc On Worlds Economy."

But I'm not coming north at my age and neither is anyone else right now (anyone else is speculation on my part). Therefore Ellicott City & Ply Car would need to participate to make things happen.

Hence my many Q's in lieu of being there in person. The answers will also serve to document your ownership which will be provided to my buyer on CF.

Last edited by cor28vettes; 03-22-2020 at 03:28 PM. Reason: OP: don't pay any attn to post #21 in that link
The following users liked this post:
Twist of Fate (11-02-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 09:45 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Very nice... do you have the front plate filler panel? Looks like the a-pillar/roof trim is cracked. Appears to be happening on the majority of these cars as they age.
^ ^ ^ this Q too
Old 03-22-2020, 12:08 PM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice car- rare color combo! Maybe PM the seller instead of public extensive questions.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:42 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Originally Posted by ttboost1
Nice car- rare color combo! Maybe PM the seller instead of public extensive questions.
This is not my first rodeo. Under current events I like documentation bc I won't see it till it gets unloaded. Should it get unloaded. PM's have already been xchanged. I have no problem with you, or anyone else buying it though. None!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:09 PM
proracr
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default It's a beauty!

I really like the color combination. GLWS!
Old 03-23-2020, 12:32 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,347 Likes on 14,002 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Nothing wrong with asking the questions - others may have the same questions and this would prevent multiple posts seeking the same answers.
The following 3 users liked this post by Vetteman Jack:
cor28vettes (03-23-2020), RC73 (04-01-2020), SirCharles (06-25-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 08:47 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Default I'm going slightly off-topic

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Nothing wrong with asking the questions - others may have the same questions and this would prevent multiple posts seeking the same answers.
Agree. Not directed at OP but on top of C7 FS is a valuable STICKY titled How to sell a Corvette. I added Part 2 - How to buy a Corvette.

turbojay70 (03-25-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 09:27 AM
woasuby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
I have to look for it but I am sure I still have it. Yes, the passenger side is cracked, that is how I bought it. Upon closer inspection the drivers side is also cracked about .01", must've happened between now and late Nov, when the car was last detailed, because I didn't notice it then.

Although some posts in the past have contributed this combo to Ronald Mac Donald in jest, it's done w/o regard to history & hence in ignorance. Way back in the 1930's the legendary 'Duesenberg Special a.k.a. Mormon Meteor'set a land speed record of 154MPH (and that's before the engine was swapped out).

Guess the color combo of the Meteor.... Go the South-East Forum for thread titled "Your Official Florida Relocate Thread" post #37. Or click this link.
https://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho....php?t=3987105

forgot to mention it went for $4M+ at auction many yrs ago.
I've heard the McDonald reference before and thought it was the perfect name for the color combo. lol

Q's

Are you using the car DD commute rain or shine? Round trip miles if so.
Todays current mileage (important)

Do you have any active prospect/buyer besides me either on the forum or on autotrader?

Do you have any current frontal pics/wheel wells + hood. Curb rash or rock pepples as you said.
And driver seat bottom (unrelated to curb damage of course).
As you know pics are 3 yrs old.

Rate the cars mechanical condition 1-10
Any wobble to the harmonic balancer? Has it been replaced by you or priors?
If so, what brand replacement?
Clutch condition, shifter situation? Tire situation. Wheel rub?
No known mechanical or appearance issues... correct?

When you state you attended track you participated correct? (sorry but clarity is the LEO in me)

As we are aware I've been evaluating your car (in spite of it having the spear BSM). Been considering 04 MY/mod for a while now. Here is documented proof...
https://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho....php?t=3516943

Based on your responses I may make you an offer in spite of active current events: todays WSJ breaking news that "The Worst Sell-Off Isn't Here Yet", and last nights... "Coronavirus Wreaks Havoc On Worlds Economy."

But I'm not coming north at my age and neither is anyone else right now (anyone else is speculation on my part). Therefore Ellicott City & Ply Car would need to participate to make things happen.

Hence my many Q's in lieu of being there in person. The answers will also serve to document your ownership which will be provided to my buyer on CF.
^ ^ ^ this Q too
I definitely put some miles on it since purchase, but they were weekend miles, not used as a daily. It was driven even less in the last two years or so after purchasing a second weekend car. I tried not to drive it in inclement weather, but I was caught in the rain a few times. Today's mileage is 38,453, as I mentioned, this may rise as the weather has gotten better and I;ve been taking it out more.
I've had a few offers, but not what I am looking for. I tried to price it fairly but considering the unfortunate status of what is going on, I understand
timing for selling is definitely not ideal.
I can grab some pictures for you, yes you are correct. I've been on and off about selling over the years.
No wobble that I have noticed and to my knowledge, it has not been replaced.
I have do not have any issues with the clutch and how it functions, the second owner and I have much past experience driving manual.
No issues with the shifter, but I must say the C5Z06's shifter leaves alot to be desired.
Tires have decent wear, but are not down to the wear bars.
Yes, it was at Summit Point short circuit in West Virginia. The track is smaller and low speed, so I bought a car more suited to the track, and yet I still haven't been back with the new car, due to being so busy. lol
I actually like the side molding, but to each their own.
I understand that you are an out of sate buyer, and I have no issues accommodating your needs, any ppi/inspection by a professional is welcome and recommended as I am not a professional. As noted above, this car is not a low mileage example and thus is not perfect, but in my opinion is still in good condition. I can do a better inspection to see if there are any imperfections. I have not noticed any issues with the car besides what was mentioned above, and have not had any problems during my ownership. I always left the car running for about 5 mins before driving. This was probably one of my most reliable toys, so i'd say about 8.5/10.
If you wanr a faster response, my contact info is listed above. Thanks

Thanks, I never looked for a yellow one, but this one kind of fell into my hands, and now I wouldn't have any other color.

Originally Posted by proracr
I really like the color combination. GLWS!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I agree. Thanks!

Last edited by woasuby; 03-23-2020 at 09:45 AM.
cor28vettes (03-25-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To 2004 Corvette Z06 MY

Old 03-23-2020, 09:50 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Default bottom line

What I'm reading here is a very conscientious owner of a corvette which happens to be FS. That's the vibes I've had from the start but I needed to clarify things. I was not trying to 'play Hardball' but trying to protect a potential purchase, which will or would become a FS when my 2021 is ready a year from now. At that point those Q's would be directed at me would they not? With this thread I'll provide a link and all is answered, but for my year of potential ownership, should we agree on price.

Job well done OP.
Now we PM some more in private.

Meanwhile if anyone is interested, I'm willing to take a pass as much as I would like this MYZ/mod to become #29. Was looking at C7 as well but this rare one came up. That's why I asked if anyone else is in-line i.e. interested. I want OP to have a successful sale.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:06 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

It's been a genuine pleasure dealing w/the OP, who's become a friend. With this here COPVID-19 the logistics for me became a problem. So I will need to pass on this super nice 04 Z06 MY/mod for now. These don't come up very often.

For those of you who like, this is your opportunity to buy

And what's not to like besides the BSM haha
(just kidding guys - it's an old C5 joke w/ some of us)

GLWS OP

Last edited by cor28vettes; 03-25-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:56 PM
woasuby
Intermediate

It was a pleasure chatting with you as well @6GenVettes . Thank you and Best of luck with your C8!

Quick Reply: FS: 2004 Corvette Z06 MY