Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2001 Torch Red Coupe, 40k miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 05:15 PM
CorvetteAustin24
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Torch Red Coupe, 40k miles

For sale is my 2001 torch red coupe with a little over 40,000 miles. Asking $15,000. Location: Iowa

This is a gorgeous car and the body is in great shape. I'm selling because I just don't drive it much anymore. I tend to ride my motorcycle on nice days. It has a few issues (listed below) but nothing that couldn't be fixed in a good weekend's worth of work.

Included:
Corsa exhaust
B&M Short Shifter with custom shifter **** (original shifter and **** also included)
Tinted targa roof
Matching torch red roof
Lloyd Corvette embroidered floormats
Dual cupholder
Custom divider between back and front (improves AC and audio quality)
New set of HID headlights (with housing)

Details:
This corvette does have some of the very common C5 issues, and because I'm an honest person, I will detail them out here. All of these issues have highly detailed guides on how to fix, and I actually have the replacement parts for pretty much all of it, just never got around to installing them.
Error code 1232. This popped up after the front left wheel bearing was replaced by the dealership. They said they didn't cause it and refused to fix it for free. It seems it's a sensor or loose connection - it still drives perfect, so it didn't bother me (this is the cause of the error lights on the dash)
Front right headlight gear grinds - they used crappy plastic gears that are brittle. I have a full metal replacement kit ready to install
Turn signal cuts out (faulty relay in all Chevys). I have a new relay ready to install
Driver side door does not unlock with keyless entry, but does lock with it (have to use key to unlock). Passenger side door will unlock with keyless entry, but will not lock. This is a relay issue again. I have the parts ready to install.
Column lock pinion was completely disabled, but column lock warning still displays from time to time. I have an LMC5 installed, and I have a backup LMC5 in case that one is faulty.
Attached Images           

Last edited by CorvetteAustin24; 08-31-2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:53 PM
CorvetteAustin24
Advanced

Updated price to $15,000.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:31 AM
CorvetteAustin24
Advanced

Kind of curious why I'm not getting any bites on this? Low miles, fair price, desirable options.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:52 PM
songle6mt
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sending PM shortly
Old 09-03-2016, 12:57 AM
Tbsoels1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CorvetteAustin24
Updated price to $15,000.
PM sent