Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

F/S driver quality 2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Mrjre42
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLD

My 2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition is for sale.
-located in the northern suburbs of Chicago
-approximately 99,3XX miles

15k obo.

I originally bought this car back in 2012. Since then, I've gone through the car adding some upgrades and replacing other parts to make the car completely reliable. I just drove the car 800+ miles round trip to Kentucky and wouldn't hesitate to drive cross country with it. Overall the car is in good shape. The engine pulls strong with no knocks or unusual noises and the transmission shifts great with no grinding or hesitation going into gear. The engine is completely stock power-wise. The carfax is clean however, the previous owner said that the front end was backed into so the bumper and hood were replaced. Hood is no longer carbon fiber, it was replaced with a normal fiberglass c5 one. The paint on the car isn't great but the price reflects that. The clear coat on the hood is fading and there are lots of rock chips/dings on the front end. It has the common fuel sender issue of the 2004+ fuel system. However, it works accurately under about half a tank. Also, the fiberglass on the driver side inner fender is cracked off where the brake duct goes. I had the duct zip tied in there and never had an issue. OVerall, the car is in great shape mechanically with some cosmetic issues. Great to finish turning into a track toy!

Currently has all Amsoil fluids (engine oil, transmission fluid, differential fluid).
Current rims are stock 2003 z06 rims.

Comes with all-weather car cover.

Work done:
- Water pump replaced at 85,000 miles
- Wiper motor replaced at 85,000 miles
- Rear Tie rods replaced at 85,000 miles
- Lower air dam replaced at 85,000 miles
- Sparks plugs replaced with NKG spark plugs at 92,000 miles
- Spark plug wires replaced with MSD wires at 92,000
- Calipers rebuilt with Doug Rippie Motorsports stainless steel pistons at 98,000 miles
- Spiegler stainless steel lines (DOT approved) added at 98,000 miles
- Oil pressure sender replaced and relocated along fuel rail with manual pressure gauge at 98,000 miles
- Steering rack replaced at 98,000 miles
- Motor mounts replaced with Hinson Motorsport Urethane Motor mounts at 98,000 miles
- Front and rear toe hooks added at 98,000 miles
- Front upper and lower control arms replaced at 98,000 miles

I bought the car with intentions of turning it into a track toy but after doing a track day and a couple high speed autocrosses, I realized that I can't afford to continue to use it at the track. I'm hooked on tracking and the only way to get a decent amount of seat time with my current situation is to sell this and get a cheaper toy like a miata...

If you have any questions or want more pictures, please let me know.

Asking for $15,000 obo

Last edited by Mrjre42; 07-18-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:14 AM
ztriper
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

hi, a couple of questions...where is the car located at? what is the current mileage? there is nothing wrong with a miata ,,i have prepped several for friends to run at v.i.r. and i have one myself a 2000 model.. plenty of aftermarket go fast parts and stop fast parts too..also take a look at a flyinmiata for their turbo kits..best ones out there and they will fly too!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:37 AM
Mrjre42
Advanced

Originally Posted by ztriper
hi, a couple of questions...where is the car located at? what is the current mileage? there is nothing wrong with a miata ,,i have prepped several for friends to run at v.i.r. and i have one myself a 2000 model.. plenty of aftermarket go fast parts and stop fast parts too..also take a look at a flyinmiata for their turbo kits..best ones out there and they will fly too!
It's located in one of the northern suburbs of Chicago. It currently has around 99,300 miles right now. It won't go up much now that I have it for sale.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Novat_99
Drifting

Good luck with the sale

Get notified of new replies

To F/S driver quality 2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition

Quick Reply: F/S driver quality 2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition