Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS 2003 ZO6 (WA St.) 35,600 mi., $19k

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 02:08 PM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS 2003 ZO6 (WA St.) 36,400 mi., $16k

sold

Last edited by besmith51; 02-13-2016 at 08:53 PM. Reason: vehicle sold
Old 05-05-2015, 06:25 PM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

ptt
Old 05-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this guy and the car he is selling is "fairly and accurately" represented. He has a number of projects underway and simply could use the additional space in his shop where he is building an aircraft. ( Quality individual who flew for both the U.S. Navy and a major commercial carrier during his career. )
Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 PM
bigdirt53
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zo6

Originally Posted by besmith51

Quicksilver Metallic. Everything works; no issues. Very clean interior; seats excellent. Good tires - Firestone Wide Ovals (not run-flats). K&N air filter assembly installed by previous owner.

But - Car was stolen from the sale lot of Courtesy Ford, Portland OR in summer 2003, with 33,8xx mi. after a salesman (may he rest in peace) left the keys in the car after a test drive. Recovered with 33,8xx miles, so the thief didn't get far. He snapped the left differential output shaft (a not uncommon C5 problem referenced on this forum) and did some front end damage - NO metal was damaged or even scratched. The front bumper cover was scuffed and torn underneath and the left headlamp assembly was bent and the forward foot or so of the left fender was broken, so little damage. Nevertheless, the insurance company put a salvage-reconstructed brand on the title (not sure but I'm told if the insurance company pays before recovery, such title is automatic). I acquired the car and a friend with extensive composites experience (built 3 composite aircraft and repaired 3 C5 Corvettes) repaired it. A retired paint and body friend of his did the paint work.

A professional mechanic - using the procedures outlined in this forum - replaced the output shaft, the clutch (which was in good shape) and the Giubo driveshaft connectors (also in good shape - I have these old parts). Carl's in Vancouver, WA did the alignment and found no issues.

I have lots of before and after photos.

Sorry, no trades.

Bruce

You got my interest ,I have a zo 6 now ,with 180,000 looking for one with a little less milage, My name is Paul I would like to see the before and after pictures ,could you email them to me ,, p.kohloff@yahoo.com THKS
Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 05-08-2015, 11:05 PM
bigdirt53
Advanced

Default still interested ZO6

Originally Posted by bigdirt53
You got my interest ,I have a zo 6 now ,with 180,000 looking for one with a little less milage, My name is Paul I would like to see the before and after pictures ,could you email them to me ,, p.kohloff@yahoo.com THKS
can you email me the before pics, thanks PK
Old 05-08-2015, 11:30 PM
bigdirt53
Advanced

Default 2003 zo6

Originally Posted by Carlsbadliving1
I know this guy and the car he is selling is "fairly and accurately" represented. He has a number of projects underway and simply could use the additional space in his shop where he is building an aircraft. ( Quality individual who flew for both the U.S. Navy and a major commercial carrier during his career. )
Can you relay to him I would like to see the before photos,I'm a motivated buyer ,but he is a long way from me so I would like to see and get all the info I can , my email is p.kohloff@yahoo.com thank PK
Old 05-08-2015, 11:53 PM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

Don't know how to edit own ad. Price now $18k.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 05-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 AM
Carlsbadliving1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 01-14-2016, 01:01 AM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

ptt
ttt
Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

heck of a deal!
Old 01-19-2016, 11:55 PM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

Quicksilver Metallic. Everything works; no issues. Very clean interior; seats excellent. Good tires - Firestone Wide Ovals (not run-flats). K&N air filter assembly installed by previous owner.

But - Car was stolen from the sale lot of Courtesy Ford, Portland OR in summer 2013, with 33,8xx mi. after a salesman (may he rest in peace) left the keys in the car after a test drive. Recovered with 33,8xx miles, so the thief didn't get far. He snapped the left differential output shaft (a not uncommon C5 problem referenced on this forum) and did some front end damage - NO metal was damaged or even scratched. The front bumper cover was scuffed and torn underneath and the left headlamp assembly was bent and the forward foot or so of the left fender was broken, so little damage. Nevertheless, the insurance company put a WA-REBUILT brand on the title. I acquired the car and a friend with extensive composites experience (built 3 composite aircraft and repaired 3 C5 Corvettes) repaired it. A retired professional paint and body friend of his did the paint work.

A professional mechanic - using the procedures outlined in this forum - replaced the output shaft with an upgraded, re-engineered one, the clutch (which was in good shape) and the Giubo driveshaft connectors with the correct German ones (also in good shape - I have these old parts). Also replaced the clutch slave cylinder and installed a remote bleeder line. Carl's in Vancouver, WA did the alignment and found no issues. The tires are late 2004 Firestone Wide Ovals with lots of rubber remaining and no cracks. To my knowledge, except for its time on the car lot while for sale, the car has always been inside, and it looks it.

Added Feb. 2016: here's info on the replaced output shaft (see photo in the write-up of the old and new, improved shaft). I got a C6 left shaft from the vendor in the write-up: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-right.html

Sorry, no trades.

Bruce

ttt

Last edited by besmith51; 02-04-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added information
Old 01-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Houlie
Heel & Toe

I'm guessing that the car comes with a reconstructed title (Salvage) due to it's explanation?
Old 01-28-2016, 03:30 PM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

Default Title Question

Originally Posted by Houlie
I'm guessing that the car comes with a reconstructed title (Salvage) due to it's explanation?
Washington State has 2 Brands: Salvage - which means the car may not be driven, and WA REBUILT, which means the car has been rebuilt, inspected and cleared for use. As stated in the description, this car's title says WA REBUILT. The price is $16k. Mileage is 36,3XX.
The following users liked this post:
Houlie (01-29-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 03:34 PM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

But - Car was stolen from the sale lot of Courtesy Ford, Portland OR in summer 2013, with 33,8xx mi. after a salesman (may he rest in peace) left the keys in the car after a test drive. Recovered with 33,8xx miles, so the thief didn't get far. He snapped the left differential output shaft (a not uncommon C5 problem referenced on this forum) and did some front end damage - NO metal was damaged or even scratched. The front bumper cover was scuffed and torn underneath and the left headlamp assembly was bent and the forward foot or so of the left fender was broken, so little damage. Nevertheless, the insurance company put a WA-REBUILT brand on the title. I acquired the car and a friend with extensive composites experience (built 3 composite aircraft and repaired 3 C5 Corvettes) repaired it. A retired professional paint and body friend of his did the paint work.

A professional mechanic - using the procedures outlined in this forum - replaced the output shaft with an upgraded, re-engineered one, the clutch (which was in good shape) and the Giubo driveshaft connectors with the correct German ones (also in good shape - I have these old parts). Also replaced the clutch slave cylinder and installed a remote bleeder line. Carl's in Vancouver, WA did the alignment and found no issues. The tires are late 2004 Firestone Wide Ovals with lots of rubber remaining and no cracks. To my knowledge, except for its time on the car lot while for sale, the car has always been inside, and it looks it.

Sorry, no trades.

Bruce

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To FS 2003 ZO6 (WA St.) 35,600 mi., $19k

Old 01-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Mordenkanen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is under the dash on the passengers side?

ttt
Old 01-28-2016, 09:07 PM
besmith51
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Mordenkanen
What is under the dash on the passengers side?
It's a GM Auxiliary Input Converter (adapter); p/n GM10-AUX
http://www.oemautosound.com/p-30-che...-gm10-aux.aspx
Old 01-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Houlie
Heel & Toe

Washington State has 2 Brands: Salvage - which means the car may not be driven, and WA REBUILT, which means the car has been rebuilt, inspected and cleared for use. As stated in the description, this car's title says WA REBUILT. The price is $16k. Mileage is 36,3XX.
My apology, I see where the Rebuilt title status is listed in the description for the car. Thank you for your response

GL with the sale

Quick Reply: FS 2003 ZO6 (WA St.) 35,600 mi., $19k