Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Rare C5, Hardtop, FRC 2000, Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 02:09 PM
theDudeabides
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare C5, Hardtop, FRC 2000, Supercharged

this vehicle is no longer available

Last edited by theDudeabides; 08-29-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Too much harassment from winters97gt
Old 08-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Rickster1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice car. Very impressive numbers on 5lbs of boost.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:34 AM
theDudeabides
Heel & Toe

Default Frc

Originally Posted by Rickster1
Very nice car. Very impressive numbers on 5lbs of boost.
Thanks. It's a combination of a big intake, injectors, headers, the blower, and Tony's tuning. I watched it on the dyno and it was awesome. The car runs great.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Stock clutch?
Old 08-28-2014, 01:19 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

BS on 5lbs of boost. It's not physically possible to be putting down 600hp on a 346CI car on 5 PSI. LS7's can hardly do that on 6-7 PSI unless "leaned" on hard in the tune, then they explode. You sound like a used car salesman that just joined.

That car is probably making 500rwhp. Looks like a standard speed density tune.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:49 PM
theDudeabides
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Stock clutch?
yes
Old 08-28-2014, 01:58 PM
theDudeabides
Heel & Toe

Default Mr. BS

Originally Posted by winters97gt
BS on 5lbs of boost. It's not physically possible to be putting down 600hp on a 346CI car on 5 PSI. LS7's can hardly do that on 6-7 PSI unless "leaned" on hard in the tune, then they explode. You sound like a used car salesman that just joined.

Let's see, should I insult you ? Perhaps call you a derogatory name ? No, I used to do that when I was a child. I suggest you read what is posted instead genius. I didn't say 612 rwhp. You are correct, it is 500 rwhp. 612 at the flywheel. Was the LS1 advertised at 345 rwhp ? No, it was advertised at 345 hp and was closer to 285 rwhp.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

What was the point of the post? Douche' of the month award!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:25 PM
oldenough
Instructor

Just trying to figure out who is doing the insulting?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Blown04Z06
Instructor

Default Standard operating procedure, list RWHP

Originally Posted by theDudeabides
Thanks. It's a combination of a big intake, injectors, headers, the blower, and Tony's tuning. I watched it on the dyno and it was awesome. The car runs great.

I was also under the assumption you were talking rwhp ,since you watched it being dyno'd. unless it's an engine Dyno, which it obviously wasn't . Seems a little weird to not just tell what it put down, but I wouldn't sweat it, these big hp guys love to bust *****.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:53 PM
theDudeabides
Heel & Toe

Default well you know what they say about assumptions

Originally Posted by Blown04Z06
I was also under the assumption you were talking rwhp ,since you watched it being dyno'd. unless it's an engine Dyno, which it obviously wasn't . Seems a little weird to not just tell what it put down, but I wouldn't sweat it, these big hp guys love to bust *****.
Thanks. Kind of fed up with online haters though. You like it, you don't like it, fine. I really don't care. Just trying to sell a car. Wasn't aware of the rwhp rule on the all powerful Corvette Forum. Automobiles are bought and sold every day with flywheel horsepower figures quoted. No designation behind the figure generally means it's flywheel horsepower.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:29 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Let's see, should I insult you ? Perhaps call you a derogatory name ? No, I used to do that when I was a child. I suggest you read what is posted instead genius. I didn't say 612 rwhp. You are correct, it is 500 rwhp. 612 at the flywheel. Was the LS1 advertised at 345 rwhp ? No, it was advertised at 345 hp and was closer to 285 rwhp.
So now you can correctly predict the actual horsepower of a car? My friends, and forum sponsors Steven Fereday(LMR) Joe, Danny, Ty and Gus(lethal performance) and my best bud ( Mike Whitehouse, owner of G-Force here in Houston all got a kick out of this add.

I was actually interested in this ride. I've flown out within 24 hours to buy 2 corvettes within 24 hours.

Claim a number, put it down with a dyno or track results. You're false advertising none the less, and you actually agreed on my 500rwhp claim. So you have a car making 550rwhp.

Don't cheat/lie to people. Only been on here 7-8 years, have a few records still standing, as well as my mustang records of 14 years. Be up front with people.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:37 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Thanks. Kind of fed up with online haters though. You like it, you don't like it, fine. I really don't care. Just trying to sell a car. Wasn't aware of the rwhp rule on the all powerful Corvette Forum. Automobiles are bought and sold every day with flywheel horsepower figures quoted. No designation behind the figure generally means it's flywheel horsepower.
You're extremely wrong in that assumption. The M6/M12 might give up 12-14% at the max, but you can't post claim a number unless verified.

We call this bench racing. I hope the current community holds a higher standard then guessing. I've sold 3 vettes here, and not a darn one had altered facts. Let's keep thus forum on par, not kicking your ball out of rough when others are not looking. 500rwhp isn't close to 600+hp.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:40 AM
theDudeabides
Heel & Toe

Default wow dude why are you so angry

You're extremely wrong in that assumption. The M6/M12 might give up 12-14% at the max, but you can't post claim a number unless verified.

We call this bench racing. I hope the current community holds a higher standard then guessing. I've sold 3 vettes here, and not a darn one had altered facts. Let's keep thus forum on par, not kicking your ball out of rough when others are not looking. 500rwhp isn't close to 600+hp.
Look man, I'm not as engine/race savvy as you. I don't race the car, I don't build engines. But I'm not a liar. Get over yourself.
I took this car to Tony's Corvette in Rockville Md. and asked him to give me a street reliable 500 rwhp. He dyno'd it before he did anything and it was 285. He said it is not untypical that manufacturers claims of performance are the optimum, not real world. Not that many people keep a street car in the condition needed to maintain max horsepower.
Tony has restored hundreds of corvettes and is considered the best in the Washington DC metro area. GM has sent him corvettes to tune and dyno because of his skills. He did what he does best and gave me the print out documenting 612 HP at the crank. Tony said a car can lose 10% to 20% through the drivetrain. I'm just relating what an expert told me about the car. I'm done with this. Qhassling me.
I had some concern that some effete snob on this forum would have some issues about my car, and sure enough you are here. You should see someone about your anger problem.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:54 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

I had some concern that some effete snob on this forum would have some issues about my car, and sure enough you are here. You should see someone about your anger problem.
I'm actually in the market for another c5. I've bought/sold 2-3 vettes on this site, contributed to this site, and have never had an issue. What you call "anger issues" is what I call false advertising. Pure and simple, Fraud, whether on purpose or out of ignorance.

I've done my share to this site, almost always polite, and I've bent over turning wrenches, fixing belts, changing tires/wheels at the track for our fellow forum sponsors and users. Just post actual facts, don't mislead anybody.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:24 PM
theDudeabides
Heel & Toe

Default Man let it go

I'm actually in the market for another c5. I've bought/sold 2-3 vettes on this site, contributed to this site, and have never had an issue. What you call "anger issues" is what I call false advertising. Pure and simple, Fraud, whether on purpose or out of ignorance.

I've done my share to this site, almost always polite, and I've bent over turning wrenches, fixing belts, changing tires/wheels at the track for our fellow forum sponsors and users. Just post actual facts, don't mislead anybody.
"almost always polite" That's what I call "anger issues" pure and simple. You assumed that I was purposely posting false advertising. You chastised me and called me a liar. Fraud from the dictionary; "the crime of using dishonest methods to take something valuable from another person". Now you accuse me of being a criminal. I posted what I was told by an expert and I have the dyno sheet to prove it. You don't know me. Just because you've "done my share to this site" doesn't make you the "Corvette forum Police". I've removed the ad, this super nice car is no longer available to Corvette forum members. You should be happy. You've triumphed over those who would do harm to the sanctity of the Corvette Forum.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Look,
You say you've been here a long time, but you obviously don't know the rules. Your being a douche bag and interfering in this guys for sale thread. And who gives one rip about how many so called records you have set. Stay out of the thread! Your just be
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Look,
You say you've been here a long time, but you obviously don't know the rules. Your being a douche bag and interfering in this guys for sale thread. And who gives one rip about how many so called records you have set. Stay out of the thread! Your just being a nuisance!
Old 08-30-2014, 03:32 PM
oldenough
Instructor

thank you Meadowz for trying to keep this forum on track.

Get notified of new replies

To Rare C5, Hardtop, FRC 2000, Supercharged

Quick Reply: Rare C5, Hardtop, FRC 2000, Supercharged