Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

$10.5k - 440whp C5 Corvette, Extremely Clean, Needs New Cylinder Heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:50 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts
Default $10.5k - 440whp C5 Corvette, Extremely Clean, Needs New Cylinder Heads

extremely clean black/black 6 speed 1999 C5 corvette that is essentially "very built" with extensive modifications listed below and all work professionally done by high end corvette shops. Exterior is virtually perfect with fresh paint job and interior is good as well with minimal wear. Tons of new parts and brand new drag radials in the back with brand new toyo proxes in front. The car is extremely fast and was adult owned and not abused, always garaged and driven rarely on weekends. Dynoed and tuned to 425 whp (~500 hp at the motor) at Synergy Motorsports and has had work done on it since so should be higher now.

Car has an insane stereo too that cost $3k alone and ran amazing before. Car has the HUD and the z51 electronic suspension.

for pics see CL ad

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4562425217.html

Reason the car is so cheap is that the timing chain broke the other day, this usually means the pistons hit the valves. I had the car towed to my corvette shop (Borelli motorsports in San Jose) and they put a bore scope in through the spark plug holes and can not see any damage to the cylinders or pistons but at a minimum the engine will need to have the cylinder heads removed and rebuilt or replaced or you could also just pull the motor and put another ls1/lq9/ls3 etc in there. The motor will not start as is and the car can not be driven. I will pay to tow the car to your house if it is within 75 miles for the buyer.

I was going to put a ls3 in there but I work a million hours a week and would rather just upgrade to a new C6 z06. This C5 was my baby and my money pit and it will be sad to see it go. I had intended on keeping it forever so no corners cut. I have receipts for some of this stuff, some of it done by previous owner though.

Modifications:

Engine:
ported F.A.S.T. 90 intake (this cost $1k alone)
Ported 90mm throttle body
233/239 cam from texas speed
PRC dual valve spring kit
PRC pushrods
titanium vale spring retainers
ported ls6 oil pump
(previous owner said the heads were ported too but I have no proof of this)
F.A.S.T 50lb fuel injectors
walbro 255lph fuel pump
Powerbond Under drive crank pulley
LG long tube headers
LG X pipe with no catalytic converters
Borla cat back exhaust
SLP Blackwing intake
Katech Belt tensioner
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Carbon Fiber "Corvette" Engine Covers
Professionally dyno tuned by Rick at Synergy Motorsports
New NGK Iridium spark plugs with MSD wires
Always run on nothing but synthetic oil and premium chevron fuel
No oil leaks, ran perfectly before timing chain broke
car dynoed 425whp at Synergy with dirty air filter and before catalytic converters were removed and new plugs/wires were put in, should be ~440whp now. Car is brutally fast and still gets 28mpg on the freeway. car sounds incredible, not too loud but very mean and zero drone on the freeway
stock bottom end

Transmission:
shifts perfectly
hurst short shifter
delrin C5r shift ****
new Mcleod single disc clutch good to 700hp
new BM master cylinder with brand new slave cylinder, fluid changed "Ranger style" everytime it's been driven.
transmission and differential filled with fresh Amsoil synthetics

Suspension and Brakes:
lowered 1.5 inches
z51 electronically adjustable suspension with shocks that have <6k miles on them
LG motorsports tunnel plate
cross drilled rotors with performance pads (for $400 I will throw in a completely new full brake upgrade kit)
upgraded C6 z06 rear sway bar end links (car has no wheel hop)
Chrome C5 z06 rims
Brand new Nitto nt555r rear drag radials
Brand new front Toyo Proxes ultra high performance tires
brand new front "c5 fangs" to protect chassis from scraping
brand new Elite Engineering black delrin frame rail protectors under neath
brand new front air dam and side air dam with new bolts and mounting brackets
z06 front air screens
new wheather stripping around top of doors on the targa top

Interior
high end "seat bikini" on both seats (holds you in the seat better and looks great)
C5r delrin shift ****
white faced guages with blue led backlighting
full interior hyper white LED upgrade
chrome C5r Harness Bar with fire extinguisher
SPARCO five point seat belts
power locks/windows/seats/mirrors all work perfectly

Exterior:
<2 year old black paint job, looks amazing
Euro tail lights
hyper white LED license lights
crystal clear front corner lenses with hyper white LEDs
VFN cowl induction hood (not too high, very nice and classy looking)
blacked out and flush mounted rear quarter panel lights
windows all limo tinted black
new motors and gears on front pop-up headlights with "invincible" brass gears (nothing cheap on this car)
car looks amazing and very mean

Stereo:
this stereo is INSANE and originally cost >$3k when it was installed by previous owner
all Pioneer high end component speakers in doors and rear powered by 500amp PowerBank amps
two JBL (not sure on the brand?) ten inch subs in custom flush mount box also powered by ~500amp powerbond amp
high end kenwood Deck with usb and aux input, eq, etc

The bad:
-Ac needs to be recharged
-driver side seat has a little wear on the bolster but there is a high end neopreme "seat bikini" on there that covers it and you would never even know unless I pointed it out to you, seats look perfect as is
-the center console has slight wear where your right leg leans against it, I was going to get it wrapped in carbon fiber for $50 so I didn't care.
-front seat has tiny amount of play in the track that can be fixed with $0.50 washer but it never bothered me so I never got around to it.

There is probably more modifications and stuff on the car I am forgetting but you get the idea.

Price is $10,500 and is absolutely firm. I don't need to sell and if I don't get my asking price I will fix it myself. Car is sold As Is and buyer deals with any smog as well. You can go see the car at Borelli Motorsports and if you want it I will pay for the tow to your house within 75 miles of San Jose. If I fixed the car it could sell for $20k easy and changing the heads is something easily done in your garage and would not be expensive.

Too busy to deal with it so priced for quick sale.

Car has salvage title from theft many many years ago and has 85k on the chassis although most of the car is new aftermarket race parts at this point.

Don't text me and please don't waste my time. If you want the car call me. Local sale only.

seven.zero.seven. - four.nine.five. - eight.three.five.three.
Attached Images       

Last edited by neverstop; 07-10-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:57 AM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

bumpity

Quick Reply: $10.5k - 440whp C5 Corvette, Extremely Clean, Needs New Cylinder Heads