Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

98 targa with 64k miles (salvage)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:32 PM
beachrusso
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 targa with 64k miles (salvage)

Ok time to let her go. I have a white with oak or tan interior 98 Targa with glass and fiberglass roofs c5 with a salvage title. It was hit front drivers corner and did deploy driver air bag. It was fixed with all GM parts and has had almost 30k miles put on it since then with no issues. I have added flow master exhaust, x pipe, chrome Zo6 wheels and also had seats redone in upgraded leather. Tinted windows and led interior light upgrade, interior is 10 out of 10 exterior is 9 out of 10. Car has no dash lights and drives great only down fall is salvage title. I have no idea what price to ask for so make me an offer or post a suggestion if you are not interested but have an opinion on list price. Thanks tried adding picks but no luck sorry
Old 04-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Horps27
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta have a price. Those miles, if its in good shape, that 10-12k area.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:51 PM
beachrusso
5th Gear

I added some pictures in my album. I am located in Myrtle Beach SC. Would like to get $12!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:53 PM
beachrusso
5th Gear

trying to add pictures
Attached Images   
Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 PM
beachrusso
5th Gear

i have got a few pm's asking so here is the vin build list.

10U = EXTERIOR COLOR,ARTIC WHITE (10U)
1AY
1SA = PACKAGE-OPTION 01 (1SA)
673 = TRIM COMBINATION- LEATHER, OAK (673)
67I = INTERIOR TRIM,CAMEL INTERIOR TRIM COLOR(67I)
AAB = MEMORY DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE DRIVER MEMORY CONVENIENCE PKG(AAB)
AG2 = ADJUSTER PASS ST POWER, MULTI-DIRECTIONAL MULTI-DIRECTIONAL P/SEAT ADJR(AG2)
AK5 = RESTRAINT SYSTEM,FRONT SEAT,INFLATABLE,DRIVER AND PASSENGER DRIVER & PASS F/SEAT INFL RST SYS(AK5)
AQ9 = SEAT,FRONT BUCKET,DRIVER,PASSENGER,RECLINING RECL FRT BKT ST,LUXURY(AQ9)
B34 = COVERING,FLOOR MATS,FRONT,CARPETED INSERT(COLOR COORDINATED) FRT CPT INS FLR MATS(B34)
B84 = ORNAMENTATION,EXTERIOR,BODY SIDE MOLDING BODY SI MLDG(B84)
BGR = PLANT CODE- BOWLING GREEN, KY. BOWLING GREEN, KY PLANT CODE(BGR)
C2L = ROOF PACKAGE,DUAL REMOVEABLE DUAL REMOVEABLE ROOF(C2L)
CJ2 = HVAC SYSTEM AIR CONDITIONER FRT, AUTO TEMP CONT, AUX TEMP CONT A/C FRT AUTO/AUX CONT(CJ2)
D42 = COVER,REAR COMPARTMENT SECURITY(SHADE) R/CMPT SECURITY SHADE(D42)
DL5 = DECAL ROADSIDE SERVICE INFORMATION ROADSIDE SERVICE INFO DECAL(DL5)
DL8 = MIRROR,OUTSIDE,RH AND LH REMOTE CONTROL,ELECTRIC,DEFOG ELEC R/CON HTD O/S MIR(DL8)
FE3 = SUSPENSION SYSTEM,SPORT SPORT SUSP(FE3)
FE9 = FEDERAL EMISSION CERTIFICATION FED EMIS(FE9)
G90 = AXLE REAR 3.15 RATIO 3.15R(G90)
G92 = AXLE,REAR,PERFORMANCE RATIO(MERCHANDISING OPTION) PERFORMANCE R/AXL RATIO(G92)
IL3 = TRIM,INTERIOR DESIGN INTERIOR TRIM DESIGN(IL3)
JAG = BRAKE PROVISIONS ABS LOCATION FRT ABS BRAKE LOC(JAG)
JL9 = BRAKE SYSTEM,POWER,FRONT AND REAR DISC,ANTILOCK FRT & RR DISC ANTILOCK BRK(JL9)
K63 = GENERATOR 110 AMP 110 AMP GEN(K63)
LS1 = ENGINE GAS, 8 CYL, 5.7L, SFI, ALUMINUM ENGINE 5.7G(LS1)
M30 = TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC 4 SPEED,4L60E,ELECTRONIC 4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30)
MX0 = TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC,OVERDRIVE(MERCHAN DISING OPTION) AUTO TRANS PROVISIONS(MX0)
NF2 = EMISSION SYSTEM,FEDERAL,TIER 1 FED EMIS SYS(NF2)
NK4 = STEERING WHEEL,SPORT,LEATHER SPORT WHL(NK4)
QD4 = WHEEL 17 X 8.5 FRT & 18 X 9.5 RR, ALUM, STYLED STYLED AL WHL(QD4)
R9U
T96 = LAMP,FRONT FOG FRT FOG LP(T96)
U1S = PLAYER MULTIPLE COMPACT DISC MULTIPLE CD PLYR(U1S)
U52 = CLUSTER,INSTRUMENT(ELECTRONIC) ELEK GA CSTR(U52)
UN0 = RADIO,AM/FM,STEREO,SEEK/SCAN,COMPACT DISC,AUTO TONE,CLOCK,ETR STEREO W/CD PLAYER(UN0)
UV7 = ANTENNA, RR WINDOW, RADIO ANTENNA,RR WDO(UV7)
UZ6 = SPEAKER SYSTEM 6, QUAD FRT DR MTD, DUAL QTR MTD 6 SPEAKER SYSTEM(UZ6)
V49 = LICENSE PLATE FRAME LICENSE PLATE FRAME(V49)
V73 = VEHICLE STATEMENT - US/CANADA US/CANADA VEHICLE STATEMENT(V73)
VM3 = LABEL INFORMATION CONSUMER, CONTAINS BPR IMP STANDARD FOR FRT 5 MPH & RR 5 MPH 5 MPH BUMPER INFO LABEL(VM3)
XGG = TIRE FRONT P245/45ZR17 BW TL SBR HW4 EMT TIRE(XGG)
YGH = TIRE REAR P275/40ZR18 BW TL HW4 SBR EMT TIRE(YGH)
Z51 = PERFORMANCE HANDLING PACKAGE PERF HDLG PKG(Z51)
Old 04-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by beachrusso
Ok time to let her go. I have a white with oak or tan interior 98 Targa with glass and fiberglass roofs c5 with a salvage title. It was hit front drivers corner and did deploy driver air bag. It was fixed with all GM parts and has had almost 30k miles put on it since then with no issues. I have added flow master exhaust, x pipe, chrome Zo6 wheels and also had seats redone in upgraded leather. Tinted windows and led interior light upgrade, interior is 10 out of 10 exterior is 9 out of 10. Car has no dash lights and drives great only down fall is salvage title. I have no idea what price to ask for so make me an offer or post a suggestion if you are not interested but have an opinion on list price. Thanks tried adding picks but no luck sorry
As a general rule of thumb, salvage title vehicles are worth 50-60% of Kelly Blue Book values. Buyers should keep in mind that:

1. You will need cash - no bank or credit union will lend you the money.
2. Many, if not most insurance companies have no problem insuring a salvage title vehicle. Just make sure they are okay with the sale price as something they would reimburse in the event of a total loss.
3. While salvage vehicles are a bit harder to sell, they can be just as reliable and perform just as well, if not better than a similar, clean title vehicle.

I recently bought a salvage MX5. I would not have one if it had not been for the huge discount in price. Thus, I will never regret my decision to buy that car.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:56 PM
ZSTi
7th Gear

Nice car! GLWS

I just wanted to note that I have been involved in buying and selling over 30 cars in the past 7 years between myself, wife, and father, and many of them were salvage. As a rule of thumb, I've always paid right around 65%-70% of kbb private party value and when selling I have sold as high as 80% just depending on demand and how quickly I wanted to sell. Some credit unions WILL finance salvage titles and another place I know that will finance is USAA (my wife just financed her rebuilt from salvage car for 80% of kbb). I just wanted to post this in terms of a price for you to go off of, and possible buyers to get financed.

Last edited by ZSTi; 04-17-2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

As always, check with your insurance agent, first. You wouldn't want to hear that your newly-purchased $10,000 vehicle is worth only $8000 in the event that it is totaled.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 AM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by beachrusso
Please confirm if this is a SC "Salvage" title or salvage to rebuilt. If Salvage in SC most states won't title for on the road use since SC allows Salvage vehicles to be driven and not converted to rebuilt. If rebuilt though no issues.

Get notified of new replies

To 98 targa with 64k miles (salvage)

Quick Reply: 98 targa with 64k miles (salvage)