Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

02 TR Z06 403ci Lingenfelter/APS TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Vadian
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 TR Z06 403ci Lingenfelter/APS TT

UPDATE May 27, 2014

Pending Sale

UPDATE May 13, 2014

So... I had several interested parties...all of which have either fallen through due to financing or found another car or just cut contact ("no longer interested" courtesy message instead of ignoring would be nice).

The car has been up for sale since December, so I'll now entertain offers.

I still do not need another vehicle so no trades. However, if someone offers my current asking price I'll include a HP Tuners Pro (2 GM credits left) and a pair of rare, House of Wheels, 18x12 chrome rear wheels with brand new 345/35/18 ET Streets on them.

UPDATE April 19, 2014

Had a few interested parties request a compression test; from 1 thru 8: 160, 160, 165, 162, 165, 165, 161, 160

Also here is a picture of the spark plugs. Grey

UPDATE March 10, 2014

The car is still for sale. When I originally posted it for sale back in December, I was not overly enthusiastic about selling it. Since then, it just sat in my garage on a battery tender for the most of the winter (Florida winter, ha). Occasionally I would pull it out to just warm up the engine, dust her off, admire her beauty and park it back in the garage.

I have decided that it still would be more financially sensible for me to sell her and move on. I have also outgrown the building cars stage of my life.

I drove the car to work today, ~50miles round-trip to assess the car's current state so that any potential buyers would know exactly what they would be getting.

Price is $25,000.00. PENDING SALE
Furthermore, I still have a note on the car through Navy Federal. No trades as I already have a truck and another car.

The car has 43,518 miles as of today. Engine only has ~10k miles

Mod list:

Engine:
9.0:1 CR
Lingenfelter 403 Shortblock (still have invoice)
Comp Cam 236/238 .615/.615
Clevite Tri-Armor coated Rod & Main Bearings
Manley forged aluminum pistons
Turbo Seal piston rings
Manley H-Beam 4340 forged steel connecting rods
Callies 4340 forged steel crankshaft
GM High Volume ported Oil Pump
GM Hydraulic Roller Lifters
Comp Cam .080 Pushrods
AFR 225CC Heads with Dual Extreme Springs
Fast 92mm intake manifold

Turbo System:
APS Twin Turbo System
Upgraded LG Motorsports Turbos 82HTA- 70lb/min (Billet Compressor Wheels)
Tial Steel BOVs
Turbowerks Oil Scavenge Pump
Eboost2 Boost Controller
Custom 3" exhaust with Magnaflow Mufflers

Fuel System:
A&A Return Fuel System with 340lph pump
Lingenfelter 255lph in-tank fuel pump
Bosch 1200cc extended-tip injectors

Drivetrain:
Built T56 - Steel 3-4 fork, bronze fork pads, billet keys, Carbon/Kevlar synchronizer rings
Mcleod Twin Disc
Hurst Shifter and ****
Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder and remote bleeder
Lingenfelter output shafts
Pfadt motor mounts
Pfadt Transmission mount
LG Motorsports Driveshaft Coupler
LG Motorsports 1/4" tunnel plate
DTE Transmission brace
Wolfe Racecraft 6pt bolt-in Roll Cage with removable door bars

Wheels, Brakes, Suspension:
Brembo slotted front and rear rotors with Hawk Pads
Stainless steel braided brake lines
Speedline Z06 wheels plasti-dipped black with red wheel tape (chrome underneath)
275/40/17 BFG G-force T/A KDW (~65% left)
285/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar (Less than 1000mi of use)
Energy Suspension Polyurethane control arm and shock bushings
GM T1 Racing front and rear sway bars
Lowered on stock bolts

Misc:
JW Motoring ACA Projector headlights and 5k HID kit
Innovate LC1 wideband sensor and gauge
MSD Coil Packs and Plug wires
Austin Barret Z06 Twin Turbo badges
QuikZ06 wide rear fenders
Dewitts Radiator and Spal Fan combo with shroud

The car was tuned by Tampa Tuning, HP Tuners, 3bar OL SD, 14psi and made 747rwhp/753rwtq STD
Dyno Sheet
Tune
Log from 10MAR14 Drive

Engine/Drivetrain assessment:
-Loads of power. Light smoking under boost but otherwise none during normal driving. Runs on the rich side.
-Clutch somewhat noisy but has never slipped.
-No fluid leaks visible.
-Shifts smoothly into every gear. Going into reverse seems to need a little more effort compared to my last Corvette, but does not grind; could be aftermarket shifter/shifter alignment.
-There are no air filters, only a fine screen mesh, on the turbos. This is because the original APS pipes do not fit the larger upgraded turbos. I was going to add cradle spacers, notch the cradle, and custom make some piping for intakes but never found the time. Some HKS-type mushroom filters would fit with some massaging in.
-The tune could use a little more work but not much. It runs rich and sometimes has trouble keeping an idle when cold. After it warms up nicely, idle holds no problem.

Exterior assessment:
-Paint and body overall is in excellent shape. The paint is very shiny and vivid.
-The hood has rock chips from typical highway driving and the insulator pad underneath has some tears, all from previous owner. Fortunately, I have a mint factory torch red hood (has stripes that can be removed) and insulator pad that has yet to be installed.
-The front bumper also has its share of chips and some clear coat cracking.
-The rear valence has the lower portion plasti-dipped black as well as the wheels. All can peeled off. The wheels are chrome underneath.
-The windshield has a very small chip/crack in the middle; barely noticeable.
-The aftermarket fenders pant match perfectly, however, it is not a perfect factory fit as with almost every aftermarket body part. There are some uneven gaps between panels. There are no wheel well fender liners attached due to the wide nature of the fenders. I still have the factory fenders if you prefer those instead.

Interior assessment:
-Interior is in excellent shape.
-Typical wrinkle wear on the seats but no tears/rips/burns.
-Piller pod has some areas warp but this is typical thin plastic; same thing happened on my last Vette.
-Custom partition and back organizer deck. Not perfect, but handy storage and cuts down on some of the noise from the trunk area.
-Carpet and floormats have been trimmed in certain areas to accommodate the cage. Heat insulation has been installed underneath the carpet throughout the car.

I hope I depicted the car as best as I could. I am more than happy to answer any other concerns/questions or picture requests you may have.

Pictures and Video taken 10MAR14

Walkaround Video

Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Tampa Tuning_open loop.hpt (462.9 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by Vadian; 05-27-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Vadian
Racer

This post had older pictures of the car with some parts differences. I removed them to mitigate further confusion. However, if you would like to see them, I'd be more than happy to share via PM. The first post depicts the car as it is now and will remain so until it has a new owner.

This post will be further used for more current and specific pictures requested by interested parties.

Thanks!

More interior pics:

Last edited by Vadian; 03-17-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:25 AM
bovi
Racer

Nice Car, will check out how much it can cost to bring it to Canadian border of QC. I'll PM you Monday.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:43 PM
bovi
Racer

Is it possible to remove the cage pipes from the doors?
Old 12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Vadian
Racer

Originally Posted by bovi
Is it possible to remove the cage pipes from the doors?
Absolutely; they are removeable. See the picture below the one with the door bars installed; you can see the attach/detach point to the left of where the driver's left shoulder would be Also, the picture in the first post with the passenger door opened does not have the bars installed.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Vadian
Racer

Old 01-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Crazy Boost
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car. Any better pictures of the paint issues?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Crazy Boost
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the car still have the methanol kit?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Vadian
Racer

Originally Posted by Crazy Boost
Does the car still have the methanol kit?
Nope, no more methanol.

Originally Posted by Crazy Boost
Nice car. Any better pictures of the paint issues?
Sure, this is the only one I had saved on my computer. As long as the weather holds, I'm going to try to get a few more pictures and a video tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Vadian
Racer

Updated.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:43 PM
BowTie_Nut90
4th Gear

Very intrested ! sent you a pm just not sure if it worked being im new to the forum. lol
Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Vadian
Racer

Originally Posted by BowTie_Nut90
Very intrested ! sent you a pm just not sure if it worked being im new to the forum. lol
PM replied
Old 03-12-2014, 02:05 PM
brewersprts
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I really wanted this car until I saw that the under hood light doesn't work and you run it low on wiper fluid. How dare you!

Joking aside. This is an awesome, awesome price for a sweet car. Man, I am really trying to rationalize getting another vette. Sick car man
Old 03-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Vadian
Racer

Originally Posted by brewersprts
I really wanted this car until I saw that the under hood light doesn't work and you run it low on wiper fluid. How dare you!

Joking aside. This is an awesome, awesome price for a sweet car. Man, I am really trying to rationalize getting another vette. Sick car man
Thanks! The hood light was disconnected, I forgot to connect it back. I'll include a jug of windshield washer fluid if a buyer so desires.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

some pics have a black interior, some are mod red?
Old 03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
JFG Racing #1
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Any catch can? What percent are the turbos working at and is it a stage system. Example switching hp or turn the boost off? What size rear rims 18x10.5? No meth kit or no fluid? What gas was it tuned on?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Vadian
Racer

Originally Posted by JFG Racing #1
Any catch can? What percent are the turbos working at and is it a stage system. Example switching hp or turn the boost off? What size rear rims 18x10.5? No meth kit or no fluid? What gas was it tuned on?

Thanks
-No catch can, just vented valve cover. There are no intake tubes to the turbo's to connect to and draw a vacuum. A better option would be to utilize a vacuum pump which I had the plans to do before deciding to sell the vehicle.

-I'm not sure how to calculate the percentage of how the turbo's are working with a decent degree of accuracy without measuring the engine's pumping efficiency at various pressure ratios and rpm and plotting them against the turbo's compressor map. However, LG Motorsports claims the turbo's "flow enough air to support north of 1200 FLYWHEEL HP."

Therefore, a start would be that at 14psi, it made 747RWHP. So, roughly 15% drivetrain losses would be 859 at the flywheel which is about 72% of 1200 flywheel hp.

I do not claim to be an engineer of this type and this may be completely inaccurate. It is just my best guess drawing from information I have read in the past.

-It is not setup as a staged system, however, the car comes with an Eboost2 which can be setup to do boost by gear (with some hardware modifications) or you can switch between psi settings on the fly. You can never turn the boost off unless you have such a large wastegate that you bypass enough exhaust energy around the turbos that you never build boost; which why even have turbos in the first place. Otherwise, you are limited to the wastegate springs installed (8psi) or keeping your foot light on the pedal.

-The rear rims are indeed 18x10.5. There are wheel spacers installed to bring the rims out closer to the edges of the fenders for a better look. I also have a pair 18x12 chrome House of Wheels replicas with brand new 345 ET Streets that I intended to use but they will not come with the car at its currently selling price. With the power and torque this car makes, these tires are a must for any sort of traction under boost.

-The car used to have a meth kit but I removed it. I don't believe in using them and never had the need for it. I think it just adds more unnecessary complexity and some rely on it to squeeze more hp. Again, just my opinion.

-It was tuned on 93

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To 02 TR Z06 403ci Lingenfelter/APS TT

Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Vadian
Racer

Originally Posted by Zenak
some pics have a black interior, some are mod red?
Yes, sorry for the confusion. The second set of pictures are older ones taken in the past. At the beginning of the 2nd post, I stated that one of the differences between the new and old pictures was the mod red parts. The car has the mod red parts other than the seats. Everything stated and shown in the first post is exactly how is now. I guess I could remove the older pictures.

My apologies.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:01 PM
brewersprts
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you build the car or buy it like this?

Any issues at all? Overheating while sitting in traffic in the Florida heat? Maybe while running it hard? A/C still blow cold sitting in traffic? Any drivability or mechanical issues not previously mentioned?

Any reason you didn't turn the boost up anymore?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Vadian
Racer

Originally Posted by brewersprts
Did you build the car or buy it like this?

Any issues at all? Overheating while sitting in traffic in the Florida heat? Maybe while running it hard? A/C still blow cold sitting in traffic? Any drivability or mechanical issues not previously mentioned?

Any reason you didn't turn the boost up anymore?
Most of the car was already built like this when I purchased it. I only added the fenders, wheels, radiator, mod red parts, and various other cosmetic items.

The AC blows cold and has never overheated. I have never sat in standstill traffic for more than 15min (I'd rather drive 15min out of the way than sit in traffic). It has idled in my driveway numerous times for at least that long and stays ~180*. It has a Dewitts radiator and Spal Fan shroud combo and it keeps the car cool no problem.

No other issues than what I have already mentioned.

I could have turned up the boost more and kept going but I did not see the need to. I didn't want this car to be a drag car and even at its current power capabilities, its a traction nightmare without a good set of drag radials. Any more horsepower would just be for bragging. Also, it was nearing the end of the day and I still had a 4 hour drive to do to go home.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 02 TR Z06 403ci Lingenfelter/APS TT