Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS - 02 Corvette Coupe - Pewter Metallic with 22,100 miles (PA)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by jealkon
Thought I had it sold as well. Buyer shows up with personal check from out of state bank. Not happening! ,,,
What's up with some people? That happened to me this very day.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:51 PM
jealkon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cor66vette
What's up with some people? That happened to me this very day.
Did they act insulted when you wouldn't hand them the keys? Guy got really nasty, started calling me some pretty vulgar names, and threatened to beat me. That was until my friend lifted his sweatshirt and pulled out a 9mm! Things calmed down in a hurry.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:04 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Did they act insulted when you wouldn't hand them the keys? ...
He responded with something like there are other cars for sale he wanted to check out.

Everything has a reason and it all works out for the best in the long run.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM
jealkon
Instructor

Movin up
Old 04-11-2014, 06:45 AM
jealkon
Instructor

Car still for sale. Took a deposit, couldn't get loan.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:29 PM
RotaryConvert
5th Gear

Sent you a pm.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:02 AM
jealkon
Instructor

Originally Posted by RotaryConvert
Sent you a pm.
PM Returned
Old 04-23-2014, 01:32 PM
jealkon
Instructor

Weekly Bump
Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 AM
jealkon
Instructor

Ttt
Old 05-03-2014, 08:57 AM
grandsport2
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bump...I'm trying to sell a nice C5 as well...selling cars used to be fun..now its a pain in the backside. Your car is awesome..hopefully someone normal will contact you soon. I'm ready to just take mine to a mecum auction and just sell it there...this is nuts. Glws cheers
Old 05-03-2014, 12:58 PM
jealkon
Instructor

Originally Posted by grandsport2
Bump...I'm trying to sell a nice C5 as well...selling cars used to be fun..now its a pain in the backside. Your car is awesome..hopefully someone normal will contact you soon. I'm ready to just take mine to a mecum auction and just sell it there...this is nuts. Glws cheers
I agree, between dealing with nut jobs and people just looking for a ride in the car, it's hard. I'm close to just trading it into the dealer when I purchase the new one. Was hoping to sell privately to save someone money on the purchase price and sales tax, but so far no go. Will probably give it another month or so.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:28 PM
grandsport2
Instructor

I agree, between dealing with nut jobs and people just looking for a ride in the car, it's hard. I'm close to just trading it into the dealer when I purchase the new one. Was hoping to sell privately to save someone money on the purchase price and sales tax, but so far no go. Will probably give it another month or so.
Unfortunately true story..I used to rib guys that just did a trade in...now I do it! Lol. The difference in money sometimes keeps your sanity in check!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:24 AM
BillD1956
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time on market.

Ok. I'm fairly new to the Corvette market. Haven't had one in over 30 years. Yes that makes me a little older. My point is. Are Corvettes really that hard to sell. If I'm looking at it right this car has been on the market since 2012. Also was trying to deal with a guy and he turned out to be a real jerk. Listed the car on forum for a price. When I started getting serious, talking about hiring an inspection company, (since the car was several hundred miles from me), asking if everything turned out ok on inspection if he could pick me up at airport. This guy said, he had decided he wanted $1K more. When I said no way, he then said he didn't really have time to wait on somebody to inspect car or pick me up at airport. Now the $1K price difference isn't a big deal. What the big deal is, is that you don't raise the price after you have listed car for $XK. His post still has the original price and he insist it was always the new price. Sorry just ranting here. Like what you have, but its also several hundred miles away. In fact this other car was in Harrisburg.

Originally Posted by grandsport2
Unfortunately true story..I used to rib guys that just did a trade in...now I do it! Lol. The difference in money sometimes keeps your sanity in check!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:37 AM
grandsport2
Instructor

Originally Posted by BillD1956
Ok. I'm fairly new to the Corvette market. Haven't had one in over 30 years. Yes that makes me a little older. My point is. Are Corvettes really that hard to sell. If I'm looking at it right this car has been on the market since 2012. Also was trying to deal with a guy and he turned out to be a real jerk. Listed the car on forum for a price. When I started getting serious, talking about hiring an inspection company, (since the car was several hundred miles from me), asking if everything turned out ok on inspection if he could pick me up at airport. This guy said, he had decided he wanted $1K more. When I said no way, he then said he didn't really have time to wait on somebody to inspect car or pick me up at airport. Now the $1K price difference isn't a big deal. What the big deal is, is that you don't raise the price after you have listed car for $XK. His post still has the original price and he insist it was always the new price. Sorry just ranting here. Like what you have, but its also several hundred miles away. In fact this other car was in Harrisburg.
I don't think corvettes are "necessarily hard to sell" but cars in general are harder to sell than say 10 to 20 years ago. Technology is great, but I feel some just use it as a toy to fool around and play, when this is truly a business transaction. We post here because it's a corvette group, but giving a car away isn't always in our best interest. Nothing wrong with a good deal....but come on fair is fair. Just my Saturday rant
Old 05-04-2014, 06:25 AM
jealkon
Instructor

This reply is not directed at this 2002 Corvette for sale - it's a reply about another car the poster was trying to purchase.

Originally Posted by BillD1956
Old 05-08-2014, 06:14 PM
jealkon
Instructor

Rover236

Call me back about your offer. Your phone message was so long, my machine cut off your last 3 digits of the phone number
Old 05-25-2014, 07:30 AM
jealkon
Instructor

Ttt

Get notified of new replies

To FS - 02 Corvette Coupe - Pewter Metallic with 22,100 miles (PA)

Old 08-03-2014, 04:55 PM
sailmaster
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default for sale

I am in Delaware.
still for sale
thanks
Richard
302 494 9718

Ttt
Old 08-04-2014, 09:29 AM
jealkon
Instructor

Replied to your PM and email

Originally Posted by sailmaster
I am in Delaware.
still for sale
thanks
Richard
302 494 9718
Old 08-30-2014, 07:28 AM
jealkon
Instructor

All email's replied to.

Car now has 24,990 miles on it.

Quick Reply: FS - 02 Corvette Coupe - Pewter Metallic with 22,100 miles (PA)