Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2001 Mag Red II 6 Speed Vortech Supercharged.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

The oil pressure sending unit is just the sensor near the rear of the intake. When its acting up the gauge will be pegged to the max, when its working its well within the normal operating pressure "not sure what actual reading is, i'd have to see the gauge as I just know where it normally sits". I don't believe I have any more documentation on the heads but I will go through the paperwork again and see what I can find, and I also have no idea on the casting number.

The car was originally tuned by Mike Norris recently tuned by Harchelroad Motors, which we didn't really change anything just wanted to make sure she was running correctly after all the other issues I had.

Sorry for the lack of information I will see what I can find.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:32 AM
jamesblake
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car! GLWS! I had a similar story with an old Saleen I bought! Seems like you've got her all fixed up for the most part!!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM
TJeske
Advanced

Originally Posted by koldnrg
The oil pressure sending unit is just the sensor near the rear of the intake. When its acting up the gauge will be pegged to the max, when its working its well within the normal operating pressure "not sure what actual reading is, i'd have to see the gauge as I just know where it normally sits". I don't believe I have any more documentation on the heads but I will go through the paperwork again and see what I can find, and I also have no idea on the casting number.

The car was originally tuned by Mike Norris recently tuned by Harchelroad Motors, which we didn't really change anything just wanted to make sure she was running correctly after all the other issues I had.

Sorry for the lack of information I will see what I can find.
Thank you for clarifying, that pressure switch shouldn't be too bad to replace - I know it's a cheap fix. Did you find any additional paperwork on the cylinder heads? Are they stock 243 casting heads with the sodium filled valves? Any flow sheet from the machine shop?

I'm interested, just want to find out a little more about the engine work specifically before I plan a road trip/flight to Nebraska.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:46 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Originally Posted by TJeske
Thank you for clarifying, that pressure switch shouldn't be too bad to replace - I know it's a cheap fix. Did you find any additional paperwork on the cylinder heads? Are they stock 243 casting heads with the sodium filled valves? Any flow sheet from the machine shop?

I'm interested, just want to find out a little more about the engine work specifically before I plan a road trip/flight to Nebraska.
I tore through the paperwork and all I can find is a crankshaft info sheet, and specs on the pistons, as well as another sheet that shows piston dia, taper, bore, and clearance. All i know besides that is what I mentioned before that its has stage III LS2 heads, what that means I don't really know. If a guy can look somewhere on the car for the castings I will gladly look for you. Don't hesitate to shoot me a txt or give me a call either.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 PM
TJeske
Advanced

Originally Posted by koldnrg
I tore through the paperwork and all I can find is a crankshaft info sheet, and specs on the pistons, as well as another sheet that shows piston dia, taper, bore, and clearance. All i know besides that is what I mentioned before that its has stage III LS2 heads, what that means I don't really know. If a guy can look somewhere on the car for the castings I will gladly look for you. Don't hesitate to shoot me a txt or give me a call either.
Ok, thank you for gathering that information for me. I'm going to talk to my wife tonight and see if I might be able to get a few days off of work to come down and look at the car, maybe make a small vacation out of it. I'll be giving you a call here within the next couple days.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:57 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Originally Posted by TJeske
Ok, thank you for gathering that information for me. I'm going to talk to my wife tonight and see if I might be able to get a few days off of work to come down and look at the car, maybe make a small vacation out of it. I'll be giving you a call here within the next couple days.
Sounds good.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:46 PM
hiperf454
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car! Sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers and that you get a newer badder vette down the road. I have been on both sides of this story and you feel horrible as a seller because when you had the car it was great. Then next guy gets it and it grenades. Like I said been on both sides and it sucks but you have a great attitude so good for you. Good for the former seller explaining his side. I hope it works out. If I needed another one I would buy it. Im in Oklahoma so Im not that far away. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:50 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Price drop $22,000
Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 PM
koldnrg
Racer

$21,500
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 AM
rokkman
Intermediate

man I think I just wet my self. What a great looking car. I was planning on buying in Sept, but will be calling the bank tomorrow. Traded in my 99 C5 in 2006 because of my divorce finally in a position to replace.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:33 AM
koldnrg
Racer

Still for sale $21000
Old 10-27-2013, 02:46 PM
danielr0088
Heel & Toe

Is the car still for sale?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:39 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Yes it is
Old 11-22-2013, 11:49 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Sale pending...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 PM
koldnrg
Racer

SOLD!. Mods please lock thread.

Quick Reply: 2001 Mag Red II 6 Speed Vortech Supercharged.