Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTT: Built 03' Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution for C5Z; PA

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Blue91lx
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: Built 03' Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution for C5Z; PA

Name: Bob Morrone
Vehicle to be Traded: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Trade Value: $22,000
Wanting to Trade for:
-Low(ish) mile C5 Z06
-Exterior/Interior Color: open to all
-Mods: Bolt ons preferred

(Lengthy For Sale Post Warning)

Hello all!

I recently finished building my Lancer Evolution from the ground up, and upon finishing, I've gotten the itch to get into a C5. No expense was spared. The car was built with only top of the notch parts, that work together. Hours of time have gone into not only building the car, but researching exactly what parts to use so that they will work together. I'm still in the process of tuning the car and tying up a few things, but the car will be completed within the next month or so.

I purchased the car in August of 2011 from a gentleman in New Jersey who claimed the car was in pristine condition. After owning the car for less than two weeks the car fell apart. Being as I'm a perfectionist, I chose to tear the entire car apart and re-do everything to my standards.

Everything on the car is built to handle whatever you can throw at it. The motor is fully broken in and is getting tuned in the next few weeks. There is so much custom work that has gone into this car, there isn't another like it. I also have receipts for everything I've done to the car.

I have a clean title in hand for the car, and the body has 110K on it. However, literally only the body itself has that milage. I've gone through and replaced all bushings with polyurethane stuff, and any/all wear items have been replaced. The rear and transfer case were both rebuilt before I got the car and show no signs of wear whatsoever seeing as I baby the car. I put new axles on from a ~36K mile car. I de loomed the entire engine harness and did a wire tuck, and went through the interior harnesses and cleaned everything up there too. The interior is from a car with ~20K on it. If you haven't gotten the point, everything is fresh and gone through.

The motor is built to handle as much power as you can make essentially and the fuel system is good for as much as you can throw at it on pump/race gas. E85 the fuel system will reach it's limit at 550-600whp.

The car is currently on an Evo IX turbo (big 16g) that only has ~36K miles on it. It will be tuned on ~30psi on speed density and will make 450whp with ease (Dynojet) with a great powerband and gobs of torque.

However, if that's not enough, I have hook ups where I purchased the motor and you can send the IX turbo out to be upgraded into a 650-700whp unit for $1100. Thusly, it's but a thousand dollars away from a ton of power (if that's your desire).

I chose to build a 4g64 (2.4L) rather than a 4g63 (2.0L). Thusly, the car is a different animal than most Evos because you have nearly a half of a liter more displacement, increasing spool by 5-600rpms over a 2.0L. Normally the bigger motor doesn't allow for high revving, however, I used a 100mm crank and 156mm long rods and moved the wrist pin up on the pist to accomodate, which gives the motor a much better rod/stroke ratio. This is not only copacetic to high revvs, but also greatly reduces side loading, making the motor run a lot better/safer all around.

I documented the build with ample high resolution pictures, which can be seen here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/all-mit...-4l-build.html

Shortblock:
MAP Stage 2 2.4L (4g64 NOT 4g63) - Rated for 1000whp
-Custom Wiseco HD Pistons - 9.5:1
-Howard Ultimate Duty I-Beam 156mm Rods
-MAP H11 Head Studs
-Cosworth 87mm Head Gasket
-Balance Shaft Elimination
-ARP Hardware throughout

Head/Crankcase Ventilation:
-Custom JMFab Catch Can
-Two -10an lines off of Valve Cover. Baffles/VC were drilled and tapped to allow this.
-Valve Cover Professionally Cleaned and Powdercoated
-One -6an off of inspection hole on front of motor

Head
-GSC S3 Cams - 280 ADV Duration
-SuperTech Dual Valve Springs/Retainers
-Blended Bowls and casting cleanup
-Supertech Seals
-Competition Valve Job
-Hot tank
-Decked

Cooling:
-Koyo Evo 6 Radiator
-OEM Thermostat
-Custom -12an Upper Coolant Line
-Low Mile OEM Fan

Bolt Ons:
-Curt Brown Ported Exhaust Manifold
-Curt Brown Extreme Port 70mm Intake Manifold
-FullBlown 70mm Throttle Body
-JMFab 02 Dump
-JMFab 2.5" UICP
-Tial BOV
-SpoolinUp Coil Over Plug
-AMS Turbo back Stainless 3" Exhaust w/Ti Tip
-JMFab 3" Speed Density Intake w/Amsoil Filter
-Nisei LICP
-Nisei FMIC
-Hallman Pro RX MBC

Fuel
-FIC 1250cc BlueMax
-Warlbo 400lph In-Tank Fuel Pump w/ STM Rewire Kit
-FuelLab AFPR with MAP Install Kit
-Custom Stainless Fuel Rail Line

Drivetrain
-John Shepherd Stage 2 Transmission
-Ultimate Ratio
-Double Synchros
-REM Treated
-Stock Rebuilt T-Case
-Comp HD 6 Puck Ceramic Sprung Clutch - Rated for 575ft/lbs
-ACT Streetlite Flywheel
-Perfect for street duties

Suspension
-MR Bilstein Struts
-Tein S Tech Lowering Springs
-Black Poly Energy Suspension Bushings throughout entire car
-Avid Poly Motor Mounts

Brakes
-Freshly powdercoated calipers
-New Girodisc Slotted Rotors and EBC Green Stuff Pads

Wheels
-Limited Edition Enkei NT03+M Matte Black 18x9.5" +27 Offset
-Brand new Nitto NT555 265/35/18 tires all the way around

Electric
-Stock ECU tuned with Tephra V7
-AEM Wideband
-AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
-Stewart Warner 40psi Boost Gauge

Exterior
-Evolution IX Front Bumper
-JDM Evolution IX Rear Bumper
-Evolution IX Headlights
-Evolution VII Taillights

Interior
-Extremely desirable Evo IX SE Seats
-Carbon Fiber Dash Trim
-Custom Harness Bar

EVERYTHING on the car took time to get right. If you look at the pictures you'll notice that nothing is 'off the shelf'. The amount of time I put into this car to get everything where I want it is pathetic. I did a wire tuck on the car and other things that just take ample time but are necessary to make the car the way I wanted it.

I'll update this more later, but if you have any questions, ask.

Exterior:

Engine bay:

Interior:

Last edited by Blue91lx; 12-14-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Blue91lx
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some more information I just typed up:

I have a clean title in hand for the car, and the body has 110K on it. However, literally only the body itself has that milage. I've gone through and replaced all bushings with polyurethane stuff, and any/all wear items have been replaced. The rear and transfer case were both rebuilt before I got the car and show no signs of wear whatsoever seeing as I baby the car. I put new axles on from a ~36K mile car. I de loomed the entire engine harness and did a wire tuck, and went through the interior harnesses and cleaned everything up there too. The interior is from a car with ~20K on it. If you haven't gotten the point, everything is fresh and gone through.

The motor is built to handle as much power as you can make essentially and the fuel system is good for as much as you can throw at it on pump/race gas. E85 the fuel system will reach it's limit at 550-600whp.

The car is currently on an Evo IX turbo (big 16g) that only has ~36K miles on it. It will be tuned on ~30psi on speed density and will make 450whp with ease (Dynojet) with a great powerband and gobs of torque.

However, if that's not enough, I have hook ups where I purchased the motor and you can send the IX turbo out to be upgraded into a 650-700whp unit for $1100. Thusly, it's but a thousand dollars away from a ton of power (if that's your desire).

I chose to build a 4g64 (2.4L) rather than a 4g63 (2.0L). Thusly, the car is a different animal than most Evos because you have nearly a half of a liter more displacement, increasing spool by 5-600rpms over a 2.0L. Normally the bigger motor doesn't allow for high revving, however, I used a 100mm crank and 156mm long rods and moved the wrist pin up on the pist to accomodate, which gives the motor a much better rod/stroke ratio. This is not only copacetic to high revvs, but also greatly reduces side loading, making the motor run a lot better/safer all around.

Quick Reply: WTT: Built 03' Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution for C5Z; PA