Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Argent C5 for Sale $13,899 (SOLD)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 04:18 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaBeGonnaBe
My guess is that your buyer is trying to see just how motivated you are to sell. In other words he wants to see where your bottom is. Letting you know he's interested in 2 other Vettes and when he's going to see them is just an attempt to get the price lowered. I won't sugarcoat it, it's buyer's season. Noticed a huge shift in the used Corvette market 2 weeks ago. However if it's a buyer that falls in love with your Vette they won't take a chance on Losing it, they will pay the asking price. As far as dealerships, there is only one benefit I have found with them, most of the time they are willing to arrange shipping if you aren't in the area. Once I told a dealership of you want to make this sell you need to get it to me today. It was way after business hours but at 10 pm they rang my door bell and I bought it. But a dealership knows nothing about the cars they sell, most of the time they get them from auctions. No knowledgable Corvette buyer would want a Vette with a mystery history. If you sell between now and Easter you should expect to take a hit. That's the only reason people are buying in the off season because they sure won't be dropping the top or driving a Vette with ice and snow on the ground. If you want to get what it's worth to you out of it put it up until late spring or if you're in a must sell position just it go and try not to dwell on it cause losing $ has a way of ruining your day...week...month, heck ever your year. Best of luck, it a beautiful car & high mileage is irrevent when she has been cared for on schedule.
normally this would be so, but, this particular year is the year of the c7 release. that's also an unknown with value since it's probably going to have a trickle down effect with price
Old 09-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,318 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaBeGonnaBe
My guess is that your buyer is trying to see just how motivated you are to sell. In other words he wants to see where your bottom is. Letting you know he's interested in 2 other Vettes and when he's going to see them is just an attempt to get the price lowered. I won't sugarcoat it, it's buyer's season. Noticed a huge shift in the used Corvette market 2 weeks ago. However if it's a buyer that falls in love with your Vette they won't take a chance on Losing it, they will pay the asking price. As far as dealerships, there is only one benefit I have found with them, most of the time they are willing to arrange shipping if you aren't in the area. Once I told a dealership of you want to make this sell you need to get it to me today. It was way after business hours but at 10 pm they rang my door bell and I bought it. But a dealership knows nothing about the cars they sell, most of the time they get them from auctions. No knowledgable Corvette buyer would want a Vette with a mystery history. If you sell between now and Easter you should expect to take a hit. That's the only reason people are buying in the off season because they sure won't be dropping the top or driving a Vette with ice and snow on the ground. If you want to get what it's worth to you out of it put it up until late spring or if you're in a must sell position just it go and try not to dwell on it cause losing $ has a way of ruining your day...week...month, heck ever your year. Best of luck, it a beautiful car & high mileage is irrevent when she has been cared for on schedule.
The Z06 which is replacing Argent was delivered to my door from 90 miles away on a Friday night -- THAT was a motivated seller.

Definitely a buyer's market -- not a lot of folks looking for Vettes right now. I sincerely believe this particular buyer is not that conniving. Had I simply accepted his $12K cash offer on the spot, instead of giving my friend and the Forum an extra 2 days, it would be gone. Unfortunately, I took a calculated risk that has left me hanging a bit because he took the opportunity to set up other test drives. Can't blame him a bit, although some of his communications are a bit confusing.

I do not need to sell except that I have no storage space for this car (unless I want my wife to hate me all winter while her car sits in the elements). So, we'll see how it plays out. Anyone who sees and drives this car will recognize, as I did when I bought it, that it is in much better condition than 90% of the 75K miles cars out there. And, fortunately, it is pretty much a 12 month driving season from here south so the target market for Argent should be "peeking" all year. But, they have to work their way to mine after some disappointing test drives so we'll see...

Thanks for your observations
Old 09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
WannaBeGonnaBe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope everything goes well, it really is a beauty. I think Corvettes are a car people will always be looking to buy. You living in a good climate area is an advantage but a buyer could very well be from a totally different state because Uship rates are pretty reasonable. I'm in Michigan & I'm certain the Corvette I will buy will be from a different state. After looking for the right one for months I fell in love with one that was local and it was a color I never thought I'd get but then the very next day it was put on ebay motors at a lower price & for some reason it just felt sleazy after that, & I didn't want it anymore so I'm back to square 1. I'm sure some will disagree but I no longer think the C7 will have any impact on C5 resale value, I haven't come across a single person that isn't afraid to buy the first year before the bugs are identified (and YES there will be bugs). The C5's body style is still preferred over the C6's body style. For a manual transmission that looks as good as this the price is already a steal, if it was an automatic it would be a different story.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt

Price is coming down...
Old 09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
marinehacker202
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Message sent
Old 09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by marinehacker202
Message sent
Back at ya...
Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt

There has been more interest recently but not sold yet!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Bump
Old 10-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Weekend bump.

Nice weather, so come by and take a look.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:23 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,102 Likes on 854 Posts

These C5's are good for over 300K with PM.

U got a good price on it

Should go soon enough
Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 AM
cmeflibi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah this is a great deal for someone. I'm not shopping for one right this minute, just coming on to get current with prices as I'm sure I'll be hunting for a c5 Z here soon. Best looking body in my opinion. Plus get a hell of a car for under $20k. This at $13k, damn, thats almost Camero prices!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Deposit Received

Looks like Argent is going to a good home this Thursday, 10/11

I'll post final "sold" notice when the new owner picks her up...
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Sold Today

Happy to report that Argent will be enjoyed by a Forum member -- I hope for many years. I will miss a lot about the Argent C5, but I am REALLY enjoying the Torch Z...

Oh, and my wife is one happy camper getting her garage space back.

Quick Reply: Argent C5 for Sale $13,899 (SOLD)