Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

1999 Triple-Black Beast for Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default 1999 Triple-Black Convertible for Sale! 505 RWHP! REDUCED! $27,995!

This car has been babied this car since the day I bought it. I have updated so many parts on this car, it is now a super-car. Where to begin? A picture is worth a thousand words! Make me an offer! I have now reduced the price another thousand dollars!

OK, its been too long. Now I have dropped the price over $17,000! , I am only asking $27,995 for this awesome car. Serious inquiries only. I have all receipts for all parts and labor. Make me an offer!

It comes with $70,000 of upgrades!

With everything updated, I was only asking $44,999 for this awesome car. Serious inquiries only. I have all receipts for all parts and labor.

Exterior: The paint is in excellent condition. The car is kept covered in the garage most of the time. It has recently had a 40-hour detail on the paint, which included polishing, swirl-removal, and many coats of carnauba wax.

The front bumper has been shaved, having the license plate filler custom molded into the bumper. The side body molding has been removed, to leave a cleaner look.
The headlights have been updated with HID projectors, by ‘Radio Flyer’. These lights make the night turn into daytime! The low beams are setup to stay on when you turn on the high beams, for double the light. The factory fog lights have also been replaced with HID projector fog lights, with 3000K bulbs, for a yellow look.

The Tail Lights have been updated with LED Tails lights that have the Halo effect. The running lights just light the perimeter, for the Halo effect. The brake lights light up the center. These lights have been slightly tinted. The car also has sequential controls, so when the turn signal is engaged, the inner tail light comes on first, then, the outer light.

The side marker lights: have been updated with tinted LED lights.

The front turn signals: have been updated with clear LED lights with an LED strip inside them on the bottom. They use a switch-back LED bulb for amber running lights, and white turn signals. With all the LED lights, a solid-state blinker relay was installed.

[IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/csdunaway/March%20
2012%20Corvette%20For%20Sale/P3100015.jpg[/IMG]

The Wheels: The wheels are updated with Vossen Forged VF-095, 3-piece rims, with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. The front tires are 285x30x19”. The front rims are 19”x9.5” deep. The rear tires are 325x25x20” The rear rims are 20”x 11.5” deep. The tires have less than 1000 miles on them.
Rear:

Front:

The Brakes: The brakes have been updated with Brembo Gran-Tourismo Brakes:
355mm front rotor, 6 piston caliper (part# 1m1.8013A)
340mm rear rotor, 4 piston caliper (part# 2c4.7001A)

A Line-lock kit was installed, to lock the front wheels for an easy burn out.

The Drive Train:
The Engine:
Functional:
1. A ProCharger P1SC1A, SuperCharger was installed by Mike Yeager, with twin intercoolers, and a chrome intake air pipe.

2. The engine has had the valley clearanced, and an LS2 valley plate installed. This allows for a new vent port to allow the engine to breathe better.

3. The coolant lines were replaced with a LS Coolant crossover kit ( see in above picture).

4. The intake manifold has been updated to a ported and powder coated, FAST 92 manifold.

5. The throttle body has been upgraded to a Lingenfelter 90MM unit.

6. The harmonic balancer was updated with an Innovator West 8", 8-Rib Harmonic Balancer with 10% Overdrive, Innovator's West Custom Crank Bolt and Washer Innovator's West Custom Pinning Kit.

Pinned In:

7. A custom dyno-tune was setup by Mike Barber. The car put out 505 RWHP, and 466 RWT.

Aesthetic:
1. The valve covers were updated with Nasty Performance custom covers with the letters ‘CORVETTE’ engraved in each one.

2. The ignition coils were relocated from the top of the valve covers, to inside the front fenders.

3. Custom MSD spark plug wires were fabricated for the relocated coils.

4. All water hoses have been updated with Stainless steel braided hoses.

5. Two black-chrome catch cans were installed, to properly vent then engine.

Drive Train:
1. The bell housing was replaced with a QuickTime Scatter Shield bell housing.

2. The flywheel and drive plate were replaced with a new ones.

3. The torque tube was rebuilt, with a new propeller shaft that is much larger from the Driveshaft Shop, which is stronger than the original one. The end pieces were drilled and tapped for 12MM bolts, to replace the original 10MM bolts.

4. A new rubber bushing was replaced at the front, and the rear bushing was replaced with a solid balanced, aluminum bushing.

5. The original 4L60E transmission was upgraded with a new RPM 4L65E, stage VI.

6. The torque converter was upgraded with a 3 disc Precision Industries (Vigilante) Custom built converter with 2600rpm stall.

7. The original differential has a 3.15 ratio. It was replaced with an RPM level 3, 3-rib, 3.42 differential. The diff is strengthened by a Pfadt differential Brace, and is able to lock-up at WOT up to 800rwhp.

8. The original tunnel plate was upgraded with a 3/8”, insulated tunnel plate, by Elite Engineering.

9. A Pfadt Transmission Brace and solid Motor Mounts are installed:

Exhaust System:
1. The exhaust manifolds were upgraded with American Racing headers, 1-7/8”, ceramic coated. Stainless steel studs were installed to replace the rusty bolts.

2. American Racing X-Pipe replaced the original H-Pipe.

3. Two high-flow cats replaced the original catalytic converter.

4. Corsa Pace car cat back system was installed to replace the original mufflers.

Suspension System:
1. The original shock absorbers were updated with Pfadt coil-over, fully adjustable shocks on all four corners. This also replaced the original leaf springs for better suspension on each corner.

2. The front and rear sway bars were replaced with Pfadt C5 Street Sway Bars and Pfadt Sway Bar Pillow Blocks.

Out with the old:

New Coil Overs:

Installed:

Interior:
1. The driver’s seat was getting worn, on the edge, so I ordered a new seat cover and new foam. While I had the seat apart, I replaced all the air bladders. This is a new seat now.

This is my seat frame, stripped:

2. The Shifter plate was upgraded with a custom shift plate.

3. The ash tray was removed, and three PLX DM-100 gauges, one of which has an OBDII interface, modified, to fit into a custom plate. The gauges can be programmed to show fuel pressure, vacuum, boost, and a wide-band O2 sensor to show the air-fuel ratio. The center gauge can also show any OBDII data from the car’s computer. This data can be displayed in a large, single, display, 4 rows of data, a running graph, a scatter graph, or even a custom display of your choosing. I have the left gauge setup to show the BOOST, the center gage shows the fuel pressure, and the right gauge shows the live air-fuel reading in a graph.

Original Gauge:

4. The rearview mirror has been upgraded with a Gentex Homelink, Compass, Auto Dim, Mirror Kit .

5. The interior also has a motion alarm system added, so you can leave the car with the top down and secured.

6. The interior lights were upgraded with white LED strips, to light the foot wells very well at night.

7. The car has the Window Valet chip installed, from Top Down Technologies. This gives it:
a. Remote Control Power Windows
i. Let the windows down as you approach the car. The heat escapes before you get in.
ii. No need to get back into the car to let the windows up. Put the top up and walk away. Convertible owners know all too well what this means.
iii. Don't leave the windows down just because the car is on a racing trailer. Climb out, raise the windows, secure the car.
b. Tight garages are no longer a problem. It's much easier to get into the car after lowering the windows.
c. Enhanced Accessory Power Modes
i. Have the stock radio power-up when you approach the car. Listen to music as you take the top out, access the trunk, or let the heat escape.
ii. You pull the ignition key and open the door. There's no need for the radio to stop; you're still in the car. The music resumes and stays on until you lock or unlock the doors with the remote. If you forget, the Window Valet™ will shutdown the power for you.
iii. The passenger is waiting in the car, but you need the keys to get into the house. No problem. The passenger presses a few keys on the D.I.C. and viola! accessory is now available for the radio and windows.
d. Passenger Door Lock Assist
i. Eliminate passenger frustration when dropping someone off. Have the doors unlock before they pull the handle. Set the hand brake or put the transmission in park and the doors unlock. You pick the configuration or not at all.
e. High Speed Report
i. Record the vehicle high speed as you drive. Display it on the speedometer later with a few button presses on the D.I.C.
ii. You can finally find out how fast the Valet Guy drove your car; just be sure to clear the old high speed before handing him the keys.

Fuel System:
The fuel system has totally been upgraded!
1. The fuel pump has been upgraded to the RSI Dual Fuel Pump system.

RSI Dual Fuel Pump:

2. The fuel line has been replaced with dual –AN6 lines that each feed a dedicated fuel rail.

Coming out of the left tank:

New Lines:

3. The fuel rail has been updated with the Nasty Performance billet aluminum custom fuel rails.

4. Fuel pressure gauges were added to each fuel rail and to the pressure regulator.

5. An Aeromotive pressure regulator was installed, with a new return line back to the tank.

6. A Racetronix fuel pump harness was installed, and customized to support two fuel pumps.
7. A PLX Fuel pressure sensor is mounted in the supply line, to display in the car.

Last edited by clif; 09-12-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Lowering the price
Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That car is BEAUTIFUL And this is the best ad I've ever seen! I wish I had the dough brother; this car would be mine. GLWS!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:36 AM
mitchell c
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the mileage on the car?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Mileage...

Originally Posted by mitchell c
What is the mileage on the car?
Sorry, I forgot to post this pic with the mileage:
Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

great "for sale ad" and a super nice vert! good luck w your sale!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Thank you!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:33 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Other items I added to this car:

The B&M transmission cooler:
The mounting inside the driver side front fender:

The cooler installed:

Oh, and the Methanol Injection system:
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Ttt
Old 03-17-2012, 06:08 AM
vetten25
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Jason at J&S Motors in Fairmont , In. 765-948-5566, mobile 765-744-0453. He claims to sell to buyers all over the world.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:41 PM
0Mike Yeager@Eastcoast Performance
Former Vendor

Mike Yeager@Eastcoast Performance's Avatar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone,

We did 95% of all the custom work to this car, its done right!!! Clif wanted everything as perfect as it could be...He spared NO expense on this Beautiful Triple Black 99 C5 vert...

If anyone has any questions about the car please dont hesitate to give me a call anytime, I'll be glad to help...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
great "for sale ad" and a super nice vert! good luck w your sale!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 AM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by TheVettePirate
Thanks! Just waiting for the next owner to purchase it! It will be a sweet car for him (or her)!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Tuffguy610
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does it come with a $15,000 gold brick in the trunk?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
clif
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610
It comes with $70,000 of upgrades!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM
retired08
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Lots of WOW!!!

clif, you vette is amazing. Thanks for sharing the info and pics. Good Luck with the sale.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
gotz06?
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump from Greenville Very nice car!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 PM
st1speed
Instructor

Very nice, and I want an automatic sooooo bad.....feet problems! SO well thought out.

Get notified of new replies

To 1999 Triple-Black Beast for Sale!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Wow! Car is amazing. I really only prefer manual transmissions in high-hp cars (drove a couple automatics with 500+ rwhp before and I guess I'm just used to the control of a stick because they SCARED THE K-WRAP outta me!) but this car is really nice. I may have to think about this over the weekend.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Any pics of the interior and the headlights?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Funnone
Racer

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610

Quick Reply: 1999 Triple-Black Beast for Sale!