Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Feeler/FS: Florida, 2000 Arctic White MN6

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 07:55 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Feeler/FS: Florida, 2000 Arctic White MN6

The basics:
The car is a 2000 Arctic White with vin 1G1YY22G0Y5108546. It has almost every option except Z51 and is a 6 speed. HUD, Adjustable Suspension, Fogs, Chrome Wheels. The car has ~56,000 miles. I say about 56k because it's a daily driver. I am located in Melbourne, Florida.

The good:
When I purchased it from the Previous Owner, he had put on Borla Quad Stingers. These things scream. He also upgraded the stereo, had it tinted, installed a navigation system, sub, amps, speakers and iPod connector from Hydrotunes. I'll be including the same iPod that he gave me with the car. He also had a K40 Laser Diffuser/Radar detector. He said that the entire setup (stereo/radar) was a $6,000 thing. There's also a kill switch that I'll reveal to the new owner when the time comes. This helps on insurance

Since it's been in my possession, I've:
- upgraded from stock corner lights to switchback LEDs.
- switched to clear/black corners.
- did the front license plate air intake mod, but left it so you can still mount a front license plate if needed.
- replaced the stock air intake with the Blackwing air filter.
- installed the CLB and haven't had any issues with that since.
- have a set of Nitto 555s on her with a good amount of life left.
- put in a Hurst short throw shifter and rear view camera.
- upgraded the endlinks to metal ones from GM and installed C6Z51 sway bars.
- completely replaced the weather stripping for the targa top and B pillar.
- installed a white Jake exhaust plate that was custom made.
- installed an R-D Crossbar/harness.
- added a window valet.

I still have the stock air filter, stock shifter, stock front license plate cover, stock turn signals and stock sway bars. I also have the car manuals that you get with the car, leather binder thing, car cover, rear nets and the 2000 Technical Book (the big 3 book thing that techs use) for you.

The pictures:

You can see more pictures at these links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royelra...7613246309143/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royelra...7619615752421/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royelra...7613523148532/
You'll also see that I used shots of the car in a couple video games I made for the iPhone. How many people can say their car was in a couple video games? If you buy the car and you have an iPhone, I'll give you promo codes to the games so you can have them for free.

The bad:
The car has your standard paint chips from rocks on the road. Since it's white though, they're not as visible. The previous owner took the car to an automatic wash and it ended up putting a crack in the rear left quarter panel part of the bumper. It's not that noticeable, but it's there. The interior also has your standard leather cracking as you can see in the pictures. The top has a small crack in the passenger side and it's starting to delaminate, but it doesn't leak at all. The front left rim has a nick in it. Most of this came from the previous owner, so that's all I know about it.

I had the car shipped from Texas a couple weeks ago and they scratched the bottom of the rocker panels. You can't see it unless you're underneath the car though. They also rubbed the rear passenger side fender a bit, but again it's barely noticeable. I only noticed it because I'm very picky with the car.

The summary:
Overall, the car is completely sound. I daily drive her and it puts a smile on my face every single day. I've taken great care of her. Washed almost every week, constant 2-coats of wax. I just claybarred and polished her a couple weeks ago. When it's home, it is always always in the garage. I do daily drive it, so obviously it's been rained on. I've never gotten into any kind of accident or anything remotely close and you're more than welcome to run a Carfax and see for yourself. I have no mechanical issues whatsoever and changed the oil between 5-15% of oil life left.

I did have the car at the track one time (as far as I know, that's the only time it's ever seen track duty) and it gave me absolutely no issues all day long.

The asking price:
I'm asking $16,000 obo. With the lower mileage, good condition and mods I feel this is a fair starting point. I still owe money to the bank and the title is with Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo is a major bank so you don't have to worry about any bs there.

I really wish I didn't have to let it go, but I was recently transferred to Florida for work and my house in Texas isn't selling. Savings are being eaten up and I need to make sure there's a roof above my head before anything else. Anyone that knows me can attest to how well I've taken care of this car.

Thank you for reading my post. I hope the car can go to someone who will really appreciate it.

You can see the Jake Skull plate in this picture.

I'll be taking the car to a couple dealers over the weekend to see what they'll offer, but I'd love to be able to give the car to another enthusiast instead. As you can see by the pictures, the car is in very good shape and I enjoy showing her off. I'm still not 100% positive that I'm going to sell her (I'm trying to do everything I can to not have to sell her), but I thought I'd post this to see if there's any interest for when the time comes (I'll have a definite answer within the next 2 weeks).

Roy

Last edited by dangerz; 10-31-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 PM
mrmtrtrnd
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

VERY NICE car and I can see why you would rather not sell it. Good luck
Old 10-23-2010, 06:35 PM
lt4dogman
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, bump for a beautiful car
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 PM
MJinPA
Racer

Is that black piece on the rear bumper around the tailpipes aftermarket? Very sharp
Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Thanks for the compliments gents. The black piece is paint over the stock bumper.. pretty common c5 mod and I agree, it looks awesome.

Took the car to the dealer yesterday and had a really good offer and they'll let me keep the aftermarket parts. That's actually kinda disappointing because I was hoping they'd give me a bad offer and I'd have an excuse to not give it to them :[
Old 10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Just a heads up.. I've had a couple PMs but nothing real serious yet. If I don't hear anything by the end of the week, I'm going to pull my mods out and take her to the dealer.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 PM
RonR80
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 125 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Hi new to C-5 but looking to buy , does the roof come off or is it FRC , I was looking at a few verts, but white was my first choice then yellow. If the top comes off I'll talk some more with you, thanks , Ron
Old 10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Ron Rail
Hi new to C-5 but looking to buy , does the roof come off or is it FRC , I was looking at a few verts, but white was my first choice then yellow. If the top comes off I'll talk some more with you, thanks , Ron
The roof does come off, yes.

Here's a picture from when I first got it with the roof off:

Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 AM
RonR80
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Do you have the original radio and does it work, maybe a pic on the scratches you mentioned, the pics are they recent , I keep seeing the Texas plates , is the car in FLA now .

Last edited by RonR80; 10-28-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by Ron Rail
Do you have the original radio and does it work, maybe a pic on the scratches you mentioned, the pics are they recent , I keep seeing the Texas plates , is the car in FLA now .
I don't have the original radio. The previous owner had all the stereo equipment replaced.

Here are some pics that I have of the rear fender:

https://i.imgur.com/XPx2X.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/19vqg.jpg

The car is in Florida but it still has Texas plates. I just moved here and haven't switched it over yet. Those pics are pretty recent. The ones in front of the launch tower/rocket are within the last 2 weeks.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:40 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Just a heads up.. got good offers from dealers. I'm taking it to CarMax tomorrow. I've had lots of pms but nothing serious.. if I don't hear anything before the end of this weekend, I'll give it to the dealers next week.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:08 AM
RonR80
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Default new ride

What are you planning on buying ,
Old 10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Nothing.. going back to just a motorcycle for some time to save some money. My wife has an Equinox so we can drive that if we need to pick stuff up.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Kunz111
Navigator

What kinda of bike are you trying to get back into? Im actually trying to sell my bike to get into a vette and I love the white. Maybe we can work out a trade plus cash? shoot me a pm if this interests you.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:54 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Kunz I already have a bike, but thank you for the offer.

Car is going to CarMax today. Surprisingly, out of all the dealers, they gave me the best offers. It's been a pleasure owning this car and I look forward to seeing the inevitable "Just got an Arctic White C5" thread from the new owner in the future. I did hide a couple of my business cards throughout the vette in the hopes that the new owner contact me. Hopefully when things are back to normal for me in the future I can purchase this car back.

Last edited by dangerz; 10-31-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Kunz111
Navigator

Originally Posted by dangerz
Kunz I already have a bike, but thank you for the offer.

Car is going to CarMax today. Surprisingly, out of all the dealers, they gave me the best offers. It's been a pleasure owning this car and I look forward to seeing the inevitable "Just got an Arctic White C5" thread from the new owner in the future. I did hide a couple of my business cards throughout the vette in the hopes that the new owner contact me. Hopefully when things are back to normal for me in the future I can purchase this car back.
Ohh got it. Well thats a shame, cause thats a beautiful car! enjoy the bike and ride safe.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
buying1stvette
Racer

This was turned in to dealer right? Nice car wish I noticed this post prior.

Get notified of new replies

To Feeler/FS: Florida, 2000 Arctic White MN6

Quick Reply: Feeler/FS: Florida, 2000 Arctic White MN6