Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

'99 Pewter FRC In Fayetteville, NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Default '99 Pewter FRC In Fayetteville, NC

Update.....

Car now wears the T1 bars. I no longer have the heads or cam, but the other parts remain. Miles are over 106k now.

New price is $12500.

Hello all,

For sale is my 1999 Corvette FRC. I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan and i'm just looking to get something different. There is nothing wrong with the car that forces the sale, and i'm not hurting to sell either. It's just that Z06's lately have really caught my eye, and i'm in a position to buy, and this one will need to go. The only options the car had were the body side moldings, which were taken off by myself. The car is driven on occasion (to the store) by my wife since i'm deployed, just to keep it fresh. No HUD, no foglights, and no dual climate control.

First thing is first, miles are a tad over 104k if I remember correctly. I haven't been in the car in over 6 months, so my memory is spotty with the mileage. I will update this as soon as my wife gets me the current mileage. The car looks about half that mileage, if that. It has been kept up to date on all maintenance since I have owned it, and the only real mechanical problem it has is that the Oil Pressure Sender is bad, and a sway bar endlink is broken. I was going to do a relocation when I got home, but if the car sells then it will most likely still be an issue unless the buyer would like it remedied before delivery, which I would be willing to do for a price (more on that in a minute). I have T1 swaybars to replace the stock bars and endlinks. Apparently the stock plastic endlinks can fail over time, which mine has done.

I have kept the interior and exterior as clean as possible for a car that gets driven regularly. This is not a garage queen, the owner before myself used it to go to and fro from work in Texas. Which was a round trip of about 100 miles a day. That's where the majority of the mileage is from as well. It was detailed regularly when he owned it, and I maintain it in the same if not better condition and it's been garaged constantly for the last two years i've owned it. The paint shows it age when you are about a foot away from the car, it's not perfect obviously, but I would rate the exterior an 7 of 10 with it's given age. Carfax was clean when I bought the car, I can provide the VIN to buyers interested. It was backed into once in a parking lot on post breaking a rear light and scuffing the paint which was fixed by my insurance company. You cannot tell that it happened. I cannot think of any issues in the interior, other than the tint getting a bit old (no bubbles, just wearing a bit on the side windows near the lower portion of the window, visibility is unchanged). The car is not beat on, I have never had it on the drag strip. It was on an open track for some fun runs shortly after I took delivery, at which time the front passenger side endlink gave up. It hasn't been to a track since, and only gets driven daily. The broken endlink causes no issues from what I can tell with normal driving. I have the T1 bars and endlinks for replacement because I was going to do more opentrack or autocross, which I have no time for at the moment.

Modifications are few at this time. The interior has a Delrin shift **** (tall), and a plain trunk partition divider. I have a Raptor Shift Light that will go with the car if the buyer chooses. Outside of the car it has black painted Z06 front screens. Also, it has the newer version of the Vararam, and Borla Stingers. The screens are on the car solely for the purpose of keeping things out of the Vararam intakes. Also, it has Texas flag decals on the front and rear emblems which are easily removed. The car is currently wearing Black painted Z06 wheels with stock sized (265/295) Toyo Proxies. The wheels and tires were bought shortly before my deployment, and they have maybe 1500 miles on the setup. The stock wheels are available with Kumho Run-Flats. They still have the TPMS sensors in them, they were not switched to the Z06 wheels. The car is available with either set, but preferably both. Again, if the buyer would like the Z06 wheels with the TPMS sensors, that may be able to be arranged for a price. Tread life on the Kumhos is about 80-70%. But the rears will need to be patched/plugged due to each having a nail or two in them. They leaked very slowly when they were on the car, but not enough for me to have to rush to have them repaired. I have also lowered the car on the stock bolts.

I have been accumulating parts of the last few months with the intention of doing a stock Z06 H/C/I swap. So I also have a set of 243 heads (from and LS2 they do NOT have sodium valves), a LS6 cam from an '06? CTS-V, and a LS6 intake from an '04 car. All of these parts have 10k miles on them or less. I would like to sell the car with all parts going to the new owner. I do not have any extra parts for the swap, just the "big items". I also have a set of used LG Pros with cats, and used T1 swaybars that were going to be on the car as well. For a bit extra they would be available also.

Price is negotiable at this time. I am setting the base price for everything at $16500. That is with BOTH sets of wheels, and ALL extra parts including the headers and swaybars. Past that, I am flexible on the price, just tell me what you want, or what you have no use for. Just remembered that I also have a thin car cover with bag and a complete passenger side window motor and regulator assembly. The stock parts that have been replaced on the car are available minus the exhaust. Email is easiest for me to be reached at this time. No trades please.

jboyd281 @ gmail dot com

Thanks,
Jon

Pictures, new and old when I took delivery. No interior shots yet.

Last edited by Jon B.; 11-01-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM
cmeflibi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fayettenam!!! Gotta give u a bump. Just got out and moved back to Chicago.

If you need help selling those parts, I know alot of vette dudes down there. Or, if you just wanna hang out with some guys with nice vettes. Was there for 6 years.

If you want PM me your parts with individual prices and I may be able to take some off your hands. Plus you could lower your sale price which will make it move faster. Might make the drive down sometime this summer. I might want the LG's and the T1's.

GL and keep your head down. IF you NEED ANYTHING, let me know. I had a great group of buddies who always took care of my vette while i was gone (making it faster lol!!). Im sure they will do the same for you.

FYI, you can make your car way faster than a Z and it will look the same. I would keep it unless the miles are buggin you.

let me know.

Last edited by cmeflibi; 07-10-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

I'm not in any rush to sell anything honestly. If it won't sell before I get home, then i'll keep it. The H/C/I will go before the bars and headers if it comes to that. I'll keep you in mind.

Miles are pretty much irrelevant at this point. I've found that these cars will pretty much run forever if taken care of. I was just looking for a new face. More than likely I'll go home and be upset if it actually sells. I love this car.

Jon
Old 07-10-2010, 06:46 PM
ejpolitza
Instructor

Got to give you a bump up was in Fayettenam for 19 years and change!! GLWS and Thanks
Ed
Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Bump for accurate mileage, and a competitive price.

$14000 for everything.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Zmeister
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Beautiful car and GREAT price with all those extras!
Good luck with the sale and thank you for your service!
Take care of yourself and get home safe.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Bump
Old 07-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Keeping this one current
Old 07-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Bump,

$13500 without extras.

Last edited by Jon B.; 07-26-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:05 PM
quarter mile malone
Cruising

interested in a trade for a 550+ rwhp turbo 94 saleen mustang? can provide pics and build list if interested
Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

While that sounds like a nice car, I'm not interested in a trade. As I stated in the first post.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:57 AM
quarter mile malone
Cruising

ah sorry man, didnt see that lol good luck selling it, and be safe out there... free bump
Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Front page news!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Back to the top
Old 08-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Back up top
Old 08-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

New weeks bump
Old 08-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Last bump, home now and it's gonna stay with me unless someone really wants it like NOW!

Get notified of new replies

To '99 Pewter FRC In Fayetteville, NC

Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM
lemons12
Instructor

Still got it man? Serious buyer.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Sure do, email is preferred.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:39 AM
lemons12
Instructor

What is current bottom dollar with and without extras? Car is still in NC?

Quick Reply: '99 Pewter FRC In Fayetteville, NC