Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

9 Second ECS Built EB Z for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 AM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7secondsquarter
The tranny is an RPM level 5 auto conversion.

There are aftermarket headers on this car.

And the valve springs have been upgraded.

This car is amazingly fast yet very easy to drive on the street.
Wow, this does sound like a great car! I guess I'll make the 2 hour trip tonight, click off some 9's and drive home
Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Superman09
Interested in partial trades for another C5?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...r-6-speed.html
If so, let me know how much cash would be needed
I would only trade for a perfect low mileage C5 to use as a trade in, to get another C6
Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 AM
VettesandZs
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much drag racing time (times down the track) does this car have?

Could you elaborate on this, Percentage stuff?
The car ran a best of 9.80 @ 142 at 100% Throttle
10.30 at 60% Throttle
10.1 at 80% Throttle
11.5 at 40% Throttle

Thanks
Old 05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

Originally Posted by CYA-Vett

Stock bottom end...ECS knows how to tune.
Im a cash buyer now...just sold my 2006 Corvette. Im concerned about a stock bottom end with this much power . Just a matter of time, no ?? Whats been done to the rearend ?

Last edited by TheycallmeDave; 05-07-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-08-2010, 10:01 AM
7secondsquarter
Racer

The rear is a C5 zo6 rear which stands up to a lot of abuse. I have never had a problem with it. The tranny is a level 5 RPM which is way beyond stock and also will stand up to a lot.

The motor is stock with upgraded valve springs to protect against float. If it is tuned properly and run with 100+ unleaded it will stand up to just about all abuse. There is a racer at englishtown with the same setup that has made over 1000 high 9/low 10 passes on the same stock motor and is going strong (ECS setup of course). Then you add spraying alcohol for extra insurance against detonation. I would not hesitate to buy this car back if I were in a better financia position. You cannot build this car for anywhere close to what Dave is asking for it. Trust me I know!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:04 AM
7secondsquarter
Racer

Originally Posted by VettesandZs
How much drag racing time (times down the track) does this car have?

Could you elaborate on this, Percentage stuff?
The car ran a best of 9.80 @ 142 at 100% Throttle
10.30 at 60% Throttle
10.1 at 80% Throttle
11.5 at 40% Throttle

Thanks
This is a bit over my head but you can go into the car's computer and set wide open throttle at different % so you can use it to slow it down if you are trying to run an index like the 10.50 or 11.50.

What it means is that it is one very fast car!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 AM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

What it means is that it is one very fast car!
I was told last by all my friends last night on the way home from the track that if I sell this car I'm an idiot.

I made 5 Passes.
Pass #1 at 60% throttle, after an oildown, babied it down the track to a 10.7.
Worried that more cars may break, and the night would be short, I decided, what the hell, lets crank it up to 100%. Next pass, 10.1. Ok, I thought, do I take the restrictor plate our or not? Again, I thought, what the hell, so I did. Next pass I spun to a 10.01. Time to dial in....I pick 10.0. The guy next to me dialed in a 9.60, tied with him all the way down the track, I hit the breaks at the very end and run a 10.08. Hmmm, I thought, that was a 9 second pass I just threw away. Having one more pass left I kept my 10.0 dial in and decided to go fast and not try to win. The result...A blistering 9.752 at 140.40. Thanks for the great car Alan!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Canada204
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheycallmeDave
I dont want to pester you , but , ive got to tell you that ive searched alot for what im looking for...and I see it in your Car . Can I at least show you my closeup video that i have of my 2006 LS2 Vette ? Mine values out at $32 k plus im willing to put some cash to it . Im a big ECS fan as ive seen their work and know that id be getting a very professionally done car . So..I guess Im asking you to seriously reconsider ; with the roof panel off on mine its wide open for the rush of air and starry nights . Your car would be going to someone who would TRULY appreciate what youve done with it as i want to go to the strip regularly with it. Heres my email again in case you will consider a trade plus cash : Ibedavid@hotmail.com Thank you. David
I think he wants your car bad I dont blame him either
Old 05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
TheycallmeDave
Pro

The rear is a C5 zo6 rear which stands up to a lot of abuse. I have never had a problem with it. The tranny is a level 5 RPM which is way beyond stock and also will stand up to a lot.

The motor is stock with upgraded valve springs to protect against float. If it is tuned properly and run with 100+ unleaded it will stand up to just about all abuse. There is a racer at englishtown with the same setup that has made over 1000 high 9/low 10 passes on the same stock motor and is going strong (ECS setup of course). Then you add spraying alcohol for extra insurance against detonation. I would not hesitate to buy this car back if I were in a better financia position. You cannot build this car for anywhere close to what Dave is asking for it. Trust me I know!
Alan/Dave , I do appreciate the info and background on this car...and im in no way am I trying to be purposely dissending because Daves car is highly desirable for sure, but Id be very curious to know the approx. hp/tq that a stock C5 Z06 RearEnd was designed for based on credible factory documentation (?) Other than rearend fluid change, has anything at all been done to the rearend ? What were the dyno figures after ECS's buildup and at what boost is the meth injected / what is the CURRENT tune at regarding boost ? How many passes has the car had from the time of the buildup by ECS and how many hard lauches would you estimate ? Do either one of you have a video of Daves car at the strip or otherwise ? Im still interested but just have some concerns which i believe are valid. Regards.

Last edited by TheycallmeDave; 05-08-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-08-2010, 11:56 AM
7secondsquarter
Racer

Originally Posted by TheycallmeDave
Alan/Dave , I do appreciate the info and background on this car...and im in no way am I trying to be purposely dissending because Daves car is highly desirable for sure, but Id be very curious to know the approx. hp/tq that a stock C5 Z06 RearEnd was designed for based on credible factory documentation (?) Other than rearend fluid change, has anything at all been done to the rearend ? What were the dyno figures after ECS's buildup and at what boost is the meth injected / what is the CURRENT tune at regarding boost ? How many passes has the car had from the time of the buildup by ECS and how many hard lauches would you estimate ? Do either one of you have a video of Daves car at the strip or otherwise ? Im still interested but just have some concerns which i believe are valid. Regards.
Dave,

The best person to answer your concerns would be Doug at ECS. As I have said Shawns ECS car is virtually built the same as Dave's and has over 1,000 very fast passes with no problems. There is not a transbrake so you can't launch too hard. I put maybe 50 passes on it while I owned it - not sure how many Dave has put on it. As I have said before - I would not hesitate to buy it back if my circumstances (out of work now for 2 years) were better.

Dave R. I agree you are crazy to sell it! At least until I have enough money to buy it back! If you drop an ECS powerglide conversion in it you can run 10.0's all day long and not worry about hitting the 135MPH limit.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:17 PM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

I may have 25 passes on it. But only 4 at 100% throttle, I'm a wuss
Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

I may have 25 passes on it. But only 4 at 100% throttle, I'm a wuss
Update...
34 passes, new best 9.75 @ 140...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:22 PM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Wow, its really tough to get rid of a fast car around here
Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Tysonh
Advanced

Wow, its really tough to get rid of a fast car around here
sorry to bother you your car sounds awesome. I have a 2003 c5 z06 with a 6 speed and was wondering what all is done to put an auto in.

Thanks alot
Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 AM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by hayabusajohn
Trade up for 07 Z06 Silver with 16k miles? Stock 2LZ
I was planning on saving some money, but you never know. PM me the difference you are thinking of.

Dave
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Calling Alan...

I hope he can buy it back, you have an exceptional car IMHO.
WAS THIS ORIGINALLY MY CAR?

Get notified of new replies

To 9 Second ECS Built EB Z for Sale

Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 PM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by thegame
WAS THIS ORIGINALLY MY CAR?

....back when it was slow......
Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

....back when it was slow......
LOL That is sick what has happened to that thing. It was a kitten when I had it and a freakin steroid Tiger now lol Congrats to whoever gets it!!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:28 PM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by thegame
LOL That is sick what has happened to that thing. It was a kitten when I had it and a freakin steroid Tiger now lol Congrats to whoever gets it!!
You can't beat running 9's in a stock looking and sounding car.

Last edited by CYA-Vett; 08-28-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Quick Reply: 9 Second ECS Built EB Z for Sale