Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

98' C5 Roadster... 427 C5R

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by wdo-mkr
Bump for you AJ. I think you should keep it too. At least till spring when a couple will be kicking themselves for passing on it right now.
thanks PAul... i'll keep it listed, but i thought about it everyday when it was "sold" and all the little custom stuff that i have done, the sound of the motor with the cutouts... nothin compares and do i "want" to start over building another car? possibly... but i would still want this one.

The gf and i talked it over, she actually suggested we buy another Vette (c6 z) at the end of the summer, something stock so we can drive it everywhere and get good mpg. man, i love her!!!

Aj
Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
yyzmsp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AJ did mine without a lift, but lots of floor jacks for caution. Not that hard. Whats going on in TX? Are you doing the Mile? good looking car and well looking after, cheers
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

^^^ rick
I am not doing the mile, but just going down to participate in the TX2K10 event. i won't be doing much running in the car but i am taking the bike down with too to compete in the 60-130 and drag racing challenge.

As for the nitrous... i have a bud who will help me do the install. he has a shop with a lift and all tools etc. with my wiring knowledge and his mechanical skills, i think we should be able to knock this out in 4 hrs or so. i doubt a lift is needed, but it sure makes it easier.

Aj
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

bump?
Old 04-03-2010, 10:00 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

BUMP.... time to sell guys...
Old 04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
st1speed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I hate to see you put nitrous on it. Its a personal thing I have against a car that has had nitrous run through it. Good luck, I may check back later.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by st1speed
Man, I hate to see you put nitrous on it. Its a personal thing I have against a car that has had nitrous run through it. Good luck, I may check back later.

AJ, 1000%.

I hope things are going well with you buddy and I know we are all doing better now that car season is officially here!

I know its your car bro and was mine baby before it became yours, but that will make it even harder to sell in the future as its puts a stigma on the car and people lose total confidence as to the engine once N20 is put on it (even if you say only 1 bottle was run through it). The car is plenty fast running well into the 10s N/A, which very few street driven cars that can be driven anywhere can do. I would personally leave the car alone its awesome how it sits, and save the $ towards your next machine you were looking at (a C6 Z).

I wish I had extra $ and was a rich man as I would actually buy it back from you.

Just giving you some advice of course its your car and you will do as you please with it, maybe you would end up keeping this unique BEAST if you swapped a 6-speed tranny into it.

Best of luck to you with everything A.J.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:22 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by st1speed
Yes, i totally agree with you. that is the exact reason why i have NOT installed it yet. In the past yrs, i have always accused the other person of cheating when they use nitrous. LOL, imagine the irony now.

im waiting to put it on, give it a couple months. perhaps this mid summer if it has not sold, i will slap it on. but i hear ya...

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06
AJ, 1000%.

I hope things are going well with you buddy and I know we are all doing better now that car season is officially here!

I know its your car bro and was mine baby before it became yours, but that will make it even harder to sell in the future as its puts a stigma on the car and people lose total confidence as to the engine once N20 is put on it (even if you say only 1 bottle was run through it). The car is plenty fast running well into the 10s N/A, which very few street driven cars that can be driven anywhere can do. I would personally leave the car alone its awesome how it sits, and save the $ towards your next machine you were looking at (a C6 Z).

I wish I had extra $ and was a rich man as I would actually buy it back from you.

Just giving you some advice of course its your car and you will do as you please with it, maybe you would end up keeping this unique BEAST if you swapped a 6-speed tranny into it.

Best of luck to you with everything A.J.
Hey Jimmy
Good to hear from ya! Yes the season is here and i am def enjoying it! I trailered the car down to TX for the TX2K10 event. Competed in the drag race challenge only and made my 10.51 passes... what an awesome feeling! 60' was a 1.41. The car is just amazing! Felt good taking her out after a WHOLE winter of storage. But life is good in general. Me and the gf will be buying another house soon (makes 3 total) to try and expand our rental business. So life is good...

as noted above in st1speed's reply, totally agree on the nitrous. i hate to be a buyer in that case as well. I already have a NANO kit with all the safety, but its just the mentality that juice has been run thru it. Regardless of the fact the motor is stout and built to hand even a small shot of 150, its just the mentality. I dunno...we'll see....

How are things on your side my friend? hope all is well!
Aj
Old 04-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

WOW, AJ, 10.51 on a n/a C5 street legal roadster is truely amazing and that 1.41 60 ft time is INCREDIBLE!

Be tuff to part with that BEAST I would keep it if you could that is truely a SUPERCAR DUDE

Things are going well on my end bro got a new 06 Black Z as I am sure you have seen and have really sweet 1969 Plymouth Road Runner, 440ci, to play with this season.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

thanks for the compliments Jimmy! yes, the car was "ON" that day! The driver was "ON" to i guess... LOL

no, i did not know you bought a C6Z! congrats man, hows she drive compared to the old C5? did you sell your C5 Z06 then????
congrats again!

AJ
Old 04-18-2010, 07:19 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

bump....spring is here!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:40 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

another bump
Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Canada204
Instructor

Originally Posted by BigBlock 72
Buy her a Cubic Zerconium and keep the Vette.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

haha...doubtful. she'll have it checked out just to make sure! LOL
Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

What aftermarket Mods would you be removing to drop the price to the 26k? just kinda curious on the specifics of that. I may have some extra money after cattle sales and this thing looks so tempting.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:00 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

^^^i have seen ur beast road racer at drm many times! Love the car, it's simply bad ***!!!

As for what I would be removing and replacing with stock parts:
full suspension (hotchkis sways and qa1 shocks)
complete interior (seats, dash and custom leathers)
wheels and tires
body work (hood, chin spoiler, rear bumper)
brakes (brembo rotors and hawk pads)
any add on carbon fiber (engine and interior)
possibly the FAST 90 and the NW 90 TB.

I'd leave the drivetrain and exhaust alone. Also the headlight might stay with car as well, but that depends on if I can find replacements pop ups.

I do have three or four parties semi interested in the car as a whole so I plan on leaving it as is for now. The car is perfect a it sits now, looks and performance and I would hate to part it out. Hopefully someone can appreciate it and buy as is.

Aj
Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
^^^i have seen ur beast road racer at drm many times! Love the car, it's simply bad ***!!!

As for what I would be removing and replacing with stock parts:
full suspension (hotchkis sways and qa1 shocks)
complete interior (seats, dash and custom leathers)
wheels and tires
body work (hood, chin spoiler, rear bumper)
brakes (brembo rotors and hawk pads)
any add on carbon fiber (engine and interior)
possibly the FAST 90 and the NW 90 TB.

I'd leave the drivetrain and exhaust alone. Also the headlight might stay with car as well, but that depends on if I can find replacements pop ups.

I do have three or four parties semi interested in the car as a whole so I plan on leaving it as is for now. The car is perfect a it sits now, looks and performance and I would hate to part it out. Hopefully someone can appreciate it and buy as is.

Aj
Well thanks Aj granted your car is a beast in comparison to mine. And i fully agree your car is really awesome as it sits i just can't pull that kinda price tag was all. I'm Basically looking for a nice clean built to slightly built cruiser now to have along side of the autox/track machine i have.

Is your car tubed or not for the big wheels on the back?
I figured with the sale of my turbo busa and the cattle price being a bit favorable i would have the extra to add another vette into the the garage

thanks for the break down AJ good luck with the sale and i may be in touch with you if things go good on the cattle and market and busa sale.

Get notified of new replies

To 98' C5 Roadster... 427 C5R

Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Hmm. Peaked my interest when u say turbo busa. What are the specs on that? I would def be interested in talkin to you about using that as a partial trade.
Pm me details and pics of the bike.

I thought about selling my gix 1k that I use to drag race ( heavy customized) and get into a busa anyways. This would be a good deal for both of us.

Aj
Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Ohh and rear is not minitub'd. I bought the big streets ccw so the odder is just right that u don't need a mini tub.
Aj
Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

updated first post with a walk around vid of the car on.

Quick Reply: 98' C5 Roadster... 427 C5R