Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Feeler: 1998 Convertible with Extras (Need Suggestions on Price)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 AM
newgene
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking $22k, but I really don't know. From what I see on kbb or nada, it looks like the convertible is worth around $19k stock, but I have another $13k or $14k in items in it. I have no delusions that I would ever get back what I put into it, but $22k to me, puts me around $10k to $11k lost in extras.

It was fun researching everything I put into it, but now it just sits in the garage. I'd be glad to work with someone on the price because it bothers me just to see it sit like that.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Zerski
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by newgene
I'm thinking $22k, but I really don't know. From what I see on kbb or nada, it looks like the convertible is worth around $19k stock, but I have another $13k or $14k in items in it. I have no delusions that I would ever get back what I put into it, but $22k to me, puts me around $10k to $11k lost in extras.

It was fun researching everything I put into it, but now it just sits in the garage. I'd be glad to work with someone on the price because it bothers me just to see it sit like that.
I doubt it's worth $19k stock, that is full retail. Look up KBB "private party" to give you a better idea.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:29 PM
newgene
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zerski
I doubt it's worth $19k stock, that is full retail. Look up KBB "private party" to give you a better idea.
Good suggestion. I went ahead and looked. I didn't price it as excellent, and I think someone would really have to look at it to see why I would say very good.

Very Good has it $19,500.
http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/corvett...=private-party

I don't really believe the online pricing sites (I think they are all too high) because it's all about what someone is willing to pay anyway. I think I'm going to have a tough time finding someone in the market for one like this, the way I have it setup.

Before I can sell it, I was really trying to get some honest opinions on the price of this one with what I have in it. If everything I added adds up to zero, it is what it is. i just wanted to get opinions on what is fair for the car. Thanks for the response.

Quick Reply: Feeler: 1998 Convertible with Extras (Need Suggestions on Price)