Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale!

Old 12-17-2001, 06:36 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale!

Yep, the beast is for sale :( This is one of the most powerfull C5s out there. I Dynoed the car when it was bone stock at a CorvetteForum outing and it actually came up higher than what the engine is rated! (it pays to take time to break the engine in). All the other Vettes present came up 10-15 bhp sort of the 350 mark. I have not dynoed the car since, but the mods are worth easily 24 hp, which should bring the total just over 375 bhp. An excellent platform to build upon.

The dyno sheet: http://www.performancetechcenter.com...w_halikias.jpg

I am getting married, have a new house being built while my company seems to be in a non-ending layoff binge :mad So, I am looking to reduce my load just in case. If everything goes well, I'll be back in a Corvette later in the year.

For Sale:

2001 Quicksilver Coupe 6-speed
- Black interior
- 1SC prefered equip pkg
- MN6 (the ONLY way to drive a vette)
- HUD
- Dual zone climate control
- Memory pkg
- Adjustible Sport Bucket seats
- 6-way power adjust driver/passenger Sports seats
- power telescopic steering column
- Fog Lamps
- Electrochromic Mirrors
- Twilight Sentinel
- AM/FM/CD player

Other Options:
- QF5 High polish aluminum wheels (spotless)
- Z-51 performance handling pkg
- Front licence plates
- Cargo Net
- Parcel Shade

Mods:
- Carbon Fiber Vortex RamAir Intake
- Bilstein Sport shocks
- Z06 Side Vents (Rear wheels brake cooling ducts)
- Z06 Front Grilles
- B&M Ripper shifter
- Earl Stainless Steel brake lines
- GT Sports Brake rotors (slotted, cryoed)
- DRM Brake Bias Spring
- Taylor Spiro-Pro Spark Plug Wires
- NGK TR6 Spark plugs
- 168 T-Stat
- CAGS
- Throttle Body Bypass
- Frame Saver Kit
- High temp cooling oils all around
- Lowered 1" all around

I also have a steering column bypass (never used, but just in case) as well as a sun screen which are included in the sale. I have all the original equipment of the car that were replaced by mods at about 3,000 miles. If you want the car unmoded I'll put them back on.

The car is in immaculate condition inside & out. I am a non-smoker, so the car has never seen smoke, food or drink. It has 16K miles on, most on long trips to Alabama & Georgia. It was build October 2000. Have never had any problems with it other than a dead battery on the first day (defective, replaced under warranty). No steering column issues, no excessive oil consumption. The mechanic that does most of the work on the car, is a member of our Forum and a favourite with the local group (Great Lakes). His name is Brian (or VetteWrench on the Forum). He will vouch for the car. All paper work, documents, manuals, window sticker and other goodies.

I am trying to find some photos of the car. I donot have a digital camera but have had some photos at our gatherings to send you. Please ask if you are interested.

I am asking for $38,000 without the mods or $39,500 with the mods. The car is in Illinois, just outside of Chicago.

If you have any questions, email me @ ahalikias@lucent.com or give me a call @ 630-979-6998

Thanks for looking,

Andrew

[Modified by Hellraiser, 10:32 AM 1/10/2002]

[Modified by Hellraiser, 10:34 AM 1/10/2002]
Old 12-20-2001, 01:52 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale!

Price has been lowered!
Old 01-03-2002, 08:09 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale!

Happy new year everyone!

Back from the holidays. Had a great time, just wished there was more...

Hellraiser
Old 01-04-2002, 10:22 AM
Afy
Team Owner

Location: Waiting for a flight Trying a Peaceful State of Mind
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale! (Hellraiser)

How much for it? Didnt qwuite catch the lower price..
Old 01-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale! (Afy)

Afy,

I am asking for $39,990 with all the mods or $38,500 without them. And I am open to reasonable offers :chevy

Thanks for looking.
Old 01-10-2002, 12:41 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale!

Price has been lowered again!
Also, if the buyer is not local, I will be happy to either deliver the car or pay for your flight to come and pick it up!
Old 01-13-2002, 04:46 PM
kewlbrz
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Im confused by your dyno comments. Looking at your graph 306 rwhp is nothing special for an 01, especially for a 6 speed, and is about average.

Old 01-14-2002, 07:00 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale! (kewlbrz)

I beg to differ.

306.6 + 15% (powertrain losses) = 352.6 Bhp. That IS 2.6Bhp over what the engine is supposed to be rated for. And it is very rare for a car to actually produce the figures that a manufacturer quotes (normally you get about 6-7% off).

From all the other C5s that were there that day, none that was stock came close. Some with mods still ended up lower than mine BONE STOCK. And I still have not seen any other BONE SOCK C5s with better numbers at 76 F. Even Jeff (the owner of the Performance technical Center that does a lot of work on Vettes) said that's the highest STOCK C5 he has seen.

Hope that answers your question.

Hellraiser
Old 01-14-2002, 07:34 PM
dtw50
Intermediate

Not trying to be too much of a geek -- but.......

Ever heard of repeatability and reliability? I wonder just how well those test benches can measure the output of any car. I'm not familiar with how a dyno is calibrated, but that would have a large effect on the measurement of HP....

:troll dtw :troll
Old 01-14-2002, 08:05 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale! (dtw50)

First let me just say that this is not the time and most definetely not the place.

Repeatability & Reliability: how many times have you or the average Corvette owner Dyno their cars? Dynos have been accepted in the auto industry as the most reliable way to measure the power of an engine. That is also how the manufacturer rates the engine.. Obviously different conditions affect the output a bit (most notably, temperature & humidity) and that is why these 2 figures are normally mentioned on Dyno results. From my Dyno run, you can see that it was at 76 F which is anything but ideal.

The shop that this Dyno took place has a great reputation in Illinois for it's performance work. They have done a lot of work on member's Corvettes as well as various other cars (Vipers, Impalas etc.) Check their webpage and shop: http://www.performancetechcenter.com/index3.htm

If you have any questions on Dyno reliability, I suggest some Internet research and/or even posting in the Tech area where I am sure members will be more than happy to answer your questions.

But I have to say that this posting does not belong to this forum and posting where I am trying to sell my car -for serious money if I might add. :seeya

Hellraiser
Old 01-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Ricker812
Instructor

Hellraiser,

The correct way to measure the estimated crank HP is to take the rear HP / .85, not add 15% to the measured HP.

Your actual estimated crank HP number are

306.6 / .85 = 360.7,

so YES, yours is strong indeed.. I have seen numbers on stock C5's in the low to mid 350's, but not many as high as 360, remember, the 2001 model C5's are rated at 350.

Rick out...

[Modified by Ricker812, 7:00 PM 1/14/2002]
Old 01-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale! (Ricker812)

Rick,

you are absolutely right, my fault . You are supposed to subtract 15% from the flywheel instead of the other way around.

BTW, the 2001's are supposed to have 350bhp :cheers:

Hellraiser
Old 01-14-2002, 09:42 PM
kewlbrz
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Hellraiser, temp and and other conditions mean absolutly nothing when SAE corrected.

BTW here is my 2000 bone stock with 3K miles. Also, I ragged on the motor since the day I bought it with 7 miles on the odometer.

Drive it like you stole it :yesnod:

Speedworks Dynojet in Lewisville, TX.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:04 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

kewlbrz

I never said that temp or humidity has anything to do with SAE corrected. If you read my reply, you'll see that I said that it affects the Dyno results (the lower the temp the better your car will perform for example) which in turn does affect the total SAE corrected number.

Great Dyno too. Your 2000 apparently pulls as much as a 2001 Z06 and is most certainly the most powerfull non-ZO6 I have seen. It's nice to see that there are some other cars out there with that extra oomph. Just goes to prove that there is a significant variance between similar cars.

Hellraiser
Old 01-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Chris,

I tried to send you email but it bouncehd back as unknown user. Give me a call or send me an email so that I can send you the photos and the info.

Andrew
Old 01-15-2002, 08:42 PM
kewlbrz
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Hellrasier. If nothing else, I am "to the top" this post for you :)

Now you say that "the lower the temp the better your car will perform for example which in turn does affect the total SAE corrected number"

That is not true, because weather its 40 degrees or 110 degrees outside. SAE corrects to a specific temperature. Yes, ones car will have more power with cooler air, but SAE corrected will lower the actual output of the dyno to SAE correction. The opposite of ones dyno if its 110 outside. SAE will add to your real output. So as you can see. Temp is nullified by SAE.

Regarding my car being Z06 levels. Not even close. My car is just a little higher than most 2000's. Most 2000's are in the 300-310 rwhp SAE range.

Below is a bone stock 2001 Z06 graph on the same dyno for reference to my stock LS1 graph.

This is not untypical at all for a 2001 Z06 stock (in fact 3 new Z06's went back to back that same day all bone stock with similar numbers).

Dont get caught up in trying to compare what a chassis dyno that most use, and comparing it to what GM states HP output is at the engine. Couple of reasons. GM fudges numbers. Also they can use a completly different set of correction factors. using 15% loss in the drivetrain is a rule of thumb only. Compare chassis dynos to chassis dynos, and engine dynos to engine dynos. It gets into a "black art" to try to compare further.

The reality is your 01 is typical, and your companions on the dyno are not so typical of stock output for 01. That, or they were A4's with higher parasitic losses.

Stock 2001 Z06 dyno graph:

[Modified by kewlbrz, 6:47 PM 1/15/2002]
Old 01-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

kewlbrz,

once again, you're right. I am all drugged up today because of a nasty cold and I can hardly see what's in front of my eyes :U . So, I did not notice that your dyno graph is SAE corrected

I do agree that comparing dynos can be a bit of 'black art' as you say, but for the most part, they paint a pretty clear image. I still have to see anyone posting better dynos for a stock 2001 although there are 2 cars in the performance registry that apparently had better numbers. So, I don't know how typical my numbers are. As for others present at the time, if it was just one other car maybe, but there were more. Either way, it does not matter, we are splitting hairs here. :)

One last comment on the temps, humidity & SAE corrected. As you say, the SAE corrected does make some corrections, but these are mostly generic projected calculations. Each engine has different losses and specs. Even on the same SAE corrected dynometer, you will get 2 different numbers on a cool day and on a hot day. Overall, if you make 20 runs at various conditions and you average them you will get a better approximation. For most mere mortals though that have not made 20 runs, 1 run normally gives a pretty good indication.

:cheers: for the "tops"

Hellraiser
Old 01-17-2002, 08:02 PM
Sayow
Instructor

Is this car still for sale?

Have any pics and what is the "new lowered price" did not see it posted...

:jester
Old 01-18-2002, 06:56 PM
Hellraiser
Pro

Default Re: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale! (Sayow)

Yes, the car is still for sale. I've had a few offers and a couple of deals that fell through because of change of circumstances of the buyers.

The lowered price is reflected on the original post after the updates.

Sayow, you've got mail!

Hellraiser

Get notified of new replies

To Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hellraiser's 2001 C5 is up for sale!