Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
biggreen54
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions needed

I've found an '01 vert I'm interested in. It's in excellent condition & very clean with 29K miles. New tires at 25K miles, HUD, 12-disk, auto, and the right color. Asking price is $24K. My hesitation is a branded "lemon" title. The story is the original owner turned it in under the lemon law for thin paint. The dealership repainted it and sold to the current (second) owner about 4-1/2 years ago. He's had no problem with the redone paint job. Any advise?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 PM
cartop2
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by biggreen54
I've found an '01 vert I'm interested in. It's in excellent condition & very clean with 29K miles. New tires at 25K miles, HUD, 12-disk, auto, and the right color. Asking price is $24K. My hesitation is a branded "lemon" title. The story is the original owner turned it in under the lemon law for thin paint. The dealership repainted it and sold to the current (second) owner about 4-1/2 years ago. He's had no problem with the redone paint job. Any advise?
Can you get confirmation of the "lemon" reason? Personally, I would be uneasy if I couldn't confirm the reason. Been stung a couple of times on car deals, so I tend to want documented facts. Just an opinion. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
speedy1
Racer

Default lemon

Wouldn't touch it for more than $15,000 tops. I'ts labeled a lemon for a reason. There are to many clean title vettes for sale, to pick one with a lemon title. Also, it's gonna be that much harder trying to sell it if you do get it. If you want a little more clarity go to a car lot and talk to the used car manager that appraises vehicle and ask him what's it's worth. Or how much they would buy it for then you will know.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:17 PM
buzz12
Pro

Default lemon vette

Originally Posted by speedy1
Wouldn't touch it for more than $15,000 tops. I'ts labeled a lemon for a reason. There are to many clean title vettes for sale, to pick one with a lemon title. Also, it's gonna be that much harder trying to sell it if you do get it. If you want a little more clarity go to a car lot and talk to the used car manager that appraises vehicle and ask him what's it's worth. Or how much they would buy it for then you will know.
Speedy1 makes an excellent point. Too many good C5's out there without baggage. If the story (and price) is too good to be true
then you know it's probably going to come back to bite you in the butt.
If there is some way to prove it was only the paint...nah it's too good to be true.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions needed

Quick Reply: Opinions needed