Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

auto transport

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:36 PM
brian moser
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto transport

Can anyone recommend a auto transport company. thanks..
Old 06-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

Brian,

Click the *Search* button at the top of the forum on any section and fill in "auto transport" and you will find many recommendations. Many have used Horseless Carriage, Intercity, Autotrans, etc. The more lead time you give them probably the better chance of getting a better rate. I used *Autotrans*(part of Fedex) to ship a '71 vette to me from Ohio and can't say I was amused that they farmed it out. You will probably find many(most) will do it though. It all depends on whether you want open or enclosed carrier as to costs of course. You get what you pay for going open as far as I am concerned. That '71 vette arrived at my door filty as hell and covered with love bugs that took weeks to get off.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:45 PM
J's Toy
Racer

Originally Posted by brian moser
Can anyone recommend a auto transport company. thanks..
Brian,
I just shipped a Vette from San Antonio to Atlanta with dasautoshippers.com The car came in perfect condition and they even washed it before I picked it up. The price was less than $600. The only downside is that it took 15 days to get here. What they do is warehouse your vehicle until an autotransport is over half full then send it. So if you have the patience and want to save a litte money give them a call.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Tim2K4Vert
Race Director

I used DAS a couple of years ago to ship a Vette from FL to CA and they were terrible. Pretty much incompetent throughout the whole process. When my car finally arrived, it was absolutely filthy and it was supposed to have been transported in an enclosed carrier. I'll never recommend them to anyone.

The complete opposite of DAS is Intercity. I had them transport my Corvette and Land Rover a few months ago from CA to MO. They were fantastic throughout the whole experience. The vehicles were transported door to door and were even covered when they were inside the enclosed trailer. It was raining when they picked up the vehicles and they wiped them all down after putting them in the trailer. Highly recommended!

Get notified of new replies

To auto transport

Quick Reply: auto transport