Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

My MTI built, installed & tuned 427 C5R 98 A4 Z07 Vert is back on the market!

Old 02-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default My MTI built 427 C5R 98 Z07 A4 Vert is back FS for spring!

This is a KILLER OPPURTUNITY to put yourself in an AWESOME 10 sec someting realiable MTI built, tuned and installed 427 Z07 which is a COMPLETE GAS TO DRIVE and has brand new rebuilt FLP Level 5 tranny (Chucks latest and greatest tranny, with HARD HITTING 4000 Yank Prothruster converter) which act like a 3000 stall converter b/c of the extra vacum made by the big motor and cam, etc. VERY STREETABLE and has been used by me 99.9 percent as a weekend TOY/PASSION and car show and MAN does it CAUSE a HUGE WOW EFFECT at car shows, especially when i pull up with the qtp elec. exhaust dumps open (and trust me you will be floored when you hear this car idle and run with open exhaust-IT IS TRULY NOTHING SHORT OF BADAZZ AND AMAZING SOUNDING)!!!

HERE IS MORE INFO from my other thread where i am now seeking with the Spring market a cash only price of $37,500 or closest offer to that (and no longer will consider trades as i am out of garage space and looking to downsize my fleet and free up some $ for some other investments, etc.) Here are the only posted pics that i have that were taken several months ago!! http://home.comcast.net/~philcyr/427c5/index.html

The ccws on the car have been sold and the car will come with the black z06 size rims powder coated all black shown in my sig. The rear tires are newer nitto 315 drag radials and great condition pilot sports in front. The road race bar that goes into the passenger seat from the main hoop removes with two bolts.

I agree with previous comment made on this BAD TO THE BONE KILLER CAR, that somebody who can do there own work (i can't as i am no mechanic) can sell the motor and tranny and other mods for around 20K and return the car back to stock and sell the car stock for another 20 to $22K and make some money here by parting the car out for the price of that i am willing to sell it for. One can make an easy $5K to $7K in my opinion by parting the car out, returning it back to stock and put a low mile LS1/6 junk yard motor from a wrech in the car and i don't have the time or $ to do this as i can't do any of my own wrenching, etc., but even better yet i suggest whoever buys the car just keeps it the way it is, as this car will BIATCH SLAP the 06 Z06 in a dragrace and 99.9% of anything else you come up with against on the street, all while getting a suntan with the top off!

The car has been down the 1/4 mile exactly ONE TIME and with me babying it out of the hole and then stabbing it she went 11.03 at 123.6 mph all motor right off the trailor (and yes i have its one and only time slip)! What kills me is that on that one and only time run at an IHRA track, i forget to open up my exhaust dumps where the car makes an extra 8rwhp and 10tq and most likely would of gotten my a 10.98 time slip, but I was being rushed when getting ready to stage and that is truly frustrating to me!! This car, with hard launch should run 10.6 to 10.7s all day long at about 125 to 126 mph in my opinion, based on my 11.00 flat pass babying it out of the hole and based upon other cars i have smoked on the street and highways that have run consistent 10.8s,etc. When it ran 11 flat it had a 3.42 gear in it and now it has a 3.73 gear in which will further reduce ets and step up mile per hour,etc.

On July 31,2004, a vette guys dad owned a local airport and he setup a christmas tree with not time slips and the beast made exactly 4 passes down an airport runway where 1320 feet was marked off. I no doubt was crowned DRAG RACE KING for that day as i destroyed a mid 11 procharged car buy about 20 car lengths and was of course undefeated and then finally matched up with my buddys bad azz tricked out LS1 camaro that runs a best of 11.11 and consistent 11.4s at the track and he was DESTROYING all the vettes he ran up against and he was undeafted until the final championship grudge race of the day, when he matched up with my 427 MTI Z07 Vert. I have a videotape of that event showing my 3 successful and winning runs and hearing what the car sounds like with elec. dumps open is WILD!! No, i don't know how to post this video, and i only have one copy, but would be willing to show the tape to any serious buyer willing to stop buy my home to see it, etc. (if you were truly a serious potential buyer), I could explore duplicating the tape and sending it. I walked the beast out of the hole with drag radials and at about the 30 ft marked i stabbed it and beat him by about 8 car lengths. DESTROYED the Tricked out LS1 camaro that was kicking every other VETTES AS S THAT DAY.

My Car no doubt is a solid 10 sec. something N/A street driven Vette and is truly BAD TO THE BONE and has never stranded me on the streets our highway with this MTI built motor built by one of their top engine builders-Lloyd!! This car is MTI true Z07 package and has Z07 badging on the fender like the Z06 badge and blows people minds on the street and at car shows when they hear this monster (especially with the elec. exhaust dumps open) and they ask me WHAT THE HECK IS A Z07!!!!!!!!!!

The guys at MTI, Rick (shop manager), Lloyd (MTI's best engine builder) and owner Jayson, can tell you all about this beast and verify that is has a brand new $6,400 C5R block. I have never put any spray or other f/i through this motor (as N20 makes me nervous froma KABOOM stand point on a $25K motor) and the motor's oil has been changed after every 1500 miles, and of course after the first 500 miles on the new engine that was built by and installed and tuned at MTI in Sept. of 2003.

The FLP LEVEL 5 is a totally refreshended tranny with not even 100 miles on it, with BRAND NEW GM case ($475) and heat cryoed output shaft just went in the car Dec of 04, and CHUCK JOHNSON and DAN BILLS of FLP also know the car well and can verify the tranny rebuild that CHUCK just did (and new 3/4 clutch packs were replaced and they did not even need it), but CHUCK being the great guy he is did it anyways!

For those who don't know Chuck Johnson of FLP has the reputation of building one of the best top notch A4 racing trannys in the business, and my tranny has all of his latest and greatest upgrades and his top dog LEVEL 5 tranny. The rear end is an original getrag 3.73 built ring and pinion, reset up into a newer 3.15 case (with stronger webbing on case than older models) by one of the best in the business/RODNEY aka Crashed 94 on the forum, and he reset the 3.73 gears in a stock 3.15 case that only had 7K pampered miles on it. The rear end DOES NOT have any hardened outptut/input shafts inside and those are stock.

My local Chicago mechanics POWER HOUSE PERFORMANCE in ORLAND PARK, IL, can also tell you how i have meticulously maintained my baby and they just reinstalled the rebuilt level 5 FLP tranny back into the car in Dec. of 2004. The YANK PROTHRUSTER 4000 stall converter hits like a TON OF BRICKS, and this car launches like a rocket and will smoke et streets from a standstill on regular roadways for 50 yards . Its like a h/c motor on N20 FULL TIME when you stab this BIATCHH and the low end torque just cruising around town and on the freeways is awsome and this car IS A BLAST TO DRIVE!!!!

Sorry about the long post but you C5 MOTORHEADS out there JUST DON"T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING HERE and we all know the more info the better!!!!!!!!!! Somebody is going to get a KILLER CAR at a KILLER PRICE and this baby is not going to last at this final spring price of $37,500.00 or best offer. Suppossedly there is a gentleman coming in from FLA as we speak, who said if the car checks out he will buy it, but we all know how that works and until money is in hand this SUPERCAR is still available and has been resting peacfully, cleaned and covered in a perfect 50 degree inside heated garage, just waiting to start ripping it up once the weather turns nice in several weeks here in the Midwest.

Only serious inquires may Email or IM me and if you have nothing positive to add to my thread, then i ask you to respect my thread and follow forum rules and refrain from posting type remarks.

Thanks for your consideration and interest in my fire breathing rip snortin 427 C5R baby, making 630 crank HP and torque (all naturally aspirated of course), which has never seen no juice or f/i, even though the motor was built with the best LS6 big cubed compenents that $ can buy and is set up to handle nitrous, and this exact motor and type of car on a 150 shot in TEXAS is running well into the 9s!!!!!

Please also note that the road race bar seen in the pics going into the front seat removes in 5 minutes, and currently will be sold with the bar removed from the car but of course it comes with this car. This professionally installed Vert 6 pt rolll bar and simpson racing harness, cost me just about $3,000 to install at Speedworks near Dallas, two winters ago! It is my understanding that although the rollbar is welded into the car, it can be removed per what Speedworks previously told me. T

The only part on this car that is missing and should be put on it is the $400 DTE strut brace which holds in place the rear end pumpkin and tranny, so that the rear end does not flex up during drag strip type launches, etc. That is very cheap insurance for any prospective driver who wants to take the car down the 1320 on more that a few occassions! IF you don't plan on 1320 type launches from a standstill with stickies then its needs nothing and is good to go. If you want to race it down with stickies from a launch, it certainly needs the new DTE Rear Diff strut brace, b/c it launches to violently and needs this for insurance/protection!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...509&uid=664215

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 03-06-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

trrrr
Old 02-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Ttt
Old 02-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

To The Top and Ready and to ROCK!!!!
Old 02-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Here is another great idea to get one of you guys into my fire breathing 427 MTI C5R Vert. I am friendly with a vette, cobra, modern hot rod specialty dealership shop 15 minutes from my home and they are willing to help me sell the car.

They could take your VETTE (C5) in on a trade if your interested and sell you my car and set you up with excellent rates on financing also to make this happen for someone who wants to go this route. However, you may end up paying a little bit extra ($1,000 or so) if we go through them, as it would then be a consignment type of relationship between them and I and they are not going to work for free. Also, even if you have no car to trade in, we could use my contact at this vette specialty shop to get the car sold through them and they could provide financing on the car and they have access to many local banks to get top interest rates on used cars, etc.

Just wanted to throw this out there as this would be a an easy way to make a deal happen for my car, where you could either trade in your C5 or other classic muscle car, old 80 something low mile ferrari or porsche, cobra kit car, etc. to this vette store, have them finance and sell my 427 vette to you and they could even arrange for delivery of my car to you via enclosed trailor, etc., and make arrangements to pick your car up also if you did not want to drive into the Chicago area. They also have access to alot of recent pics of the car that they took and those will probably be posted on their website in the near future and i will give a link to those pics when it is set up!!! As they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-19-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Wife and I just opened up a new business venture and i would like to free up some liquid cash for a bit of a safety net, so new reduced spring price is $36,500 obo!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Guys, did i forget to mention that my car's MTI 427 C5R motor has all the best components that $ can buy, including Jessel SS Rocker Arms, complete ARP fasteners, forged Lunati 4.00 crank, forged alum Wiseco 4.125 pistons, Childs and Alberts rings, and the one and only C5R block, with all these components having been purchased BRAND NEW by me, with no more than 5500 total miles on them and with the car being 100% reliable, as it has never stranded me on the streets and highways and the motor has never even so much as broken a valve spring. Also, this motor was built by one of MTI best engine builders, LlOYD (and this can be verified by MTI), and was set up to handle Nitrous all day long (a minimun of a 150 shot) and yet the motor has never seen andy N20 (as it makes me nervous on a motor this expensive) nor any other kind of forced induction, etc. My exact same car (not exact as its a coupe) with built A4 tranny and EXACT SAME MTI built 427 C5R motor, running a 150 shot, is running mid 9s all day long, by another MIT built 427 C5r A4 powered C5 down in Texas!!!

Guys, with the brand new freshened up level 5 FLP A4 Racing tranny and this motor, along with new Kooks 1 7/8 headers, 90 mm LSX intake manifold and TPIS 90 mm t. body, this drivetrain alone would cost you more than $30,000 to duplicate!!!! For the price i am asking to sell this car $36,500, you could part it out and return the 98 C5 Roadster to stock form and still make good $!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 03-13-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:44 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm trying to convince a buddy to buy this thing from you

What's the mileage, and what's the rwhp/tq?

Thx!
Josh
Old 02-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by PaceThis
I'm trying to convince a buddy to buy this thing from you

What's the mileage, and what's the rwhp/tq?

Thx!
Josh

The car itself 98 Vert, has 39,000 miles on it and i am the second owner and bought it in Oct. of 99 with 8K miles on it. The car has been meticously maintanined by me, since i bought it in 99.

Through the unlocked big stalled converter (which costs you between 15 and 20rhwp) the car most recently dynoed last spring at 478rwhp and i believe 485 something torque at the wheels through open exhaust (elec. exhaust dumps on the car are the best mod i ever did) and 472rwhp through the exhaust with elec. dumps closed. This is through a 4000 Yank Prothruster unlocked converter on a built A4 FLP tranny. The car is making right around 630 crank HP and torque accoridng to the chasis dyno tester and this car is a PURE BEAST as you can imagine, especially with its HARD HITTING YANK Pro thruster 4000 stall with 2.75 torque mulitiplication and 3.73 gearing.

The tranny is CHuck Johnsons at FLP latest and greatest Level 5 tranny and was just completely freshend up only 150 miles ago and no racing or hard driving at all since tranny was freshend up at which time CHUCK put in new 3/4 clutch packs (which car did not even need) and we put in a BRAND SPANKING NEW GM A4 Tranny case which only has 150 miles on it with no racing or hard driving, since the car has been in storage all winter, cleaned and covered, waiting for its new home!!

Last by not least, the MTI 427 C5R motor was built by Lloyd of MTI in mid September of 2003, and has approx. 5500 trouble free miles on it and is just about broken in for its new owner. The car was built with a BRAND NEW C5R Block, which cost me $6,400 from GM high perf. parts division (Scroggey Dickey-spelling may be off a bit here) and the C5R motor can be verified by Jayson, owner of MTI, Rick-MTI shop manager, Wayne-ex sales manager for MTI and Lloyd, MTI's best engine builder!!!

Feel free to call me or have your friend call for more info at 312-259-8410 and thanks for your help JOSH!!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-27-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:38 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

NO problem, I know it's a beast and would love to see someone appreciate it

Does it have Active Handling?

I'm going to be looking for a new vette in May...but I'd have to repaint it as I'm wanting Electron or LeMans blue...
Old 02-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

It actually does have active handling as it was a latter 1998 build but no hud and stock suspension, except for HAL drag shocks (12-way adjustable) that i put on the car a couple of years ago!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 10:01 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Cool, AH is a great option...HUD is easy to add...and suspension is best stock on a 98 so it can be more easily upgraded...

Thx,
Josh
Old 02-26-2005, 10:09 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

BEING A GOOD FRIEND of Jimmy MTI 427 roadster I can tell you this car is scary fast it's a beast and a half ! anyone that buys this car is getting the deal of the century ........ it's 1 bad azz **** of a car
Old 03-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

To The Top and Patiently waiting for a new home, which should not be much longer, now that spring and driving season i one month away!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 03-01-2005 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Things are heating up guys/gals! First guy/gal to pull the trigger is going to be getting one unique, one off, naturally aspirated KILLER SUPERCAR C5 Roadster for .36 cents on my dollar, which will destroy 99.9% of anything it comes up against on the road and highway, all while having the top off and getting a sun tan!!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 03-02-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

What a smokin' deal..
Old 03-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the car has a brand new BE COOL radiator i put in when MTI built the 427 motor and the car runs nice and cool during the summer between 180 and 190 degrees!!! The C5 BE COOL Radiator is an awesome product for High Horsepower LS1/6 applications!!!

Also, should be getting a link many recent pics taken of the car with the top both on and off, with the black Z06 rims (powder coated), just like the car will look like when somebody sees the light and buys this true one off 427 C5R Roadster!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 03-04-2005 at 12:00 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To My MTI built, installed & tuned 427 C5R 98 A4 Z07 Vert is back on the market!

Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 PM
rbesq
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look forward to seeing lots of pics, sounds like an awesome machine!!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Pics should be up by the end of the weekend and thanks for the kind words!!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 03-05-2005 at 07:19 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My MTI built, installed & tuned 427 C5R 98 A4 Z07 Vert is back on the market!