Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Looking for solid early c4

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 09:48 PM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Default Looking for solid early c4

My last thread got moved to other cars so I am wording this differently. If you have an early c4 that is mechanically sound and in pretty good shape cosmetically and might want a truck instead, let me know. Details are here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=907630 .

I am looking for a vette in the 8k-ish range and consider my truck a solid 7k trade so I would put up 1k or possibly more depending...

I have pics...just email me at ruffneckxx@yahoo.com

I am also expanding my range to 250 miles from Arlington, VA (500 if we meet halfway)

Hope there is some interest
Old 10-07-2004, 10:20 PM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

$6500?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Fozzy_Bear
Waka, Waka, Waka!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-6-8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by ruffneckxx
My last thread got moved to other cars so I am wording this differently. If you have an early c4 that is mechanically sound and in pretty good shape cosmetically and might want a truck instead, let me know. Details are here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=907630 .

I am looking for a vette in the 8k-ish range and consider my truck a solid 7k trade so I would put up 1k or possibly more depending...

I have pics...just email me at ruffneckxx@yahoo.com

I am also expanding my range to 250 miles from Arlington, VA (500 if we meet halfway)

Hope there is some interest

Your previous posts said that you are looking for a coupe. Are you against 'verts, or do you just trying to keep the cost down? I have an 86 vert, but with 160,000+ miles on it, it wouldn't fetch much more money than a coupe with lower miles.

I am planning on selling my 86 to buy a C6/C5, but I was not planning on doing it until next year. I am also, as it so happens, looking for a truck, and in Virginia. Getting a truck and some cash might make it worthwile to pull the trigger on this earlier than I had planned.

Let me know if you might like a Pace Car.

Last edited by Fozzy_Bear; 10-08-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Fozzy_Bear
Waka, Waka, Waka!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-6-8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Sorry.
After talking with my wife, I have discovered that the truck we get must be 4-wheel drive. I wasn't aware that it was a 'show stopper' but it is.

so here is a bump for you.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:13 PM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

It has 4 wheels and it drives

Guess its not close enough
Old 10-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Spirit76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette C4

I have
Old 10-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Spirit76
Advanced

Default Vette C4

I have a 90 C1500 Silverado SWB that has 200K+ miles & no engine work....yet. Have a little valve problem & burns about a qt between changes. I figure your truck should have quite a bit of life left at half the mileage and a 94 model. I never, ever thought my Chevy (knock on wood) would last this long. I grew up on my dad's F150s and always wanted a Ford but not anymore. You have a good one there and I'm surprised no takers yet. If mine were ready for boot hill, I would spring for that one. As it is, I will just keep on keepin on til it drops dead in the road. In re to a C4, in your opinion would a 1985 C4, one owner, 105K mi, colors of red & saddle, all records & meticulously kept (I mean it looks like new) be overpriced at $8900? I have asked it once before and got mixed responses but most thought it should have been in the $6500-8000 range. Just asking....one I have been looking at but seller won't come off the price...and you mentioned finding a C4 in the $8ish range. Thanks for your opinion and good luck on the truck. I don't know why someone has not grabbed it yet. I can vouch for their longevity.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:58 PM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

$8900 sounds a little high to me. There is a similar one at a dealer with less miles and some engine upgrades for 8k.

Come on, you know you want a younger Silverado
Old 10-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Spirit76
Advanced

Well, you are right....I do want a younger one and the extended cab would be nice. I cannot lie....before I got the Vette fever, I was going to look for one. You got me thinking a little but my Old Red runs so smooth for the mileage and it has become an object for laying odds within my family on just how far it is going to go! Oh - alright......I will look at your pics again.
Thanks for the advice on the C4. This one is super nice....but just a nudge more than I want to pay for one.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Spirit76
Advanced

$8900 sounds a little high to me. There is a similar one at a dealer with less miles and some engine upgrades for 8k.

Come on, you know you want a younger Silverado
Hey Ruffneckxx, you still wanting to sell the truck? I may have a buyer for my C3/'76 and if so I could very well find myself in the market for a newer truck. Hitch: I'm in west Tennessee and you are trying to stay within 500 mi of home....what to do?
Old 10-19-2004, 01:40 PM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by Spirit76
Hey Ruffneckxx, you still wanting to sell the truck? I may have a buyer for my C3/'76 and if so I could very well find myself in the market for a newer truck. Hitch: I'm in west Tennessee and you are trying to stay within 500 mi of home....what to do?
Sorry Spirit but I just transferred title to the new buyer yesterday. Got $5800 for it. Not quite what I was looking for but close enough. I thought I was trying to stay close-the 500 mile thing but I am flying out to OK Friday morning to pick up White85InOKC 's car he had for sale and drive it the 1500 miles back home. I hope you find another good truck out there.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:20 PM
jgazzana
Heel & Toe

I have a '88 coupe that I need to sell. It has 103,000 mi. Almost all engine accessories have been recently replaced as well as all 6 u-joints, rear wheel bearings & hubs, rear brakes, headliner, OD switches, etc. It has 4+3 manuel trans. Pics available. $7500. jgazzana@hotmail.com
Old 10-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Spirit76
Advanced

Sorry Spirit but I just transferred title to the new buyer yesterday. Got $5800 for it. Not quite what I was looking for but close enough. I thought I was trying to stay close-the 500 mile thing but I am flying out to OK Friday morning to pick up White85InOKC 's car he had for sale and drive it the 1500 miles back home. I hope you find another good truck out there.
10-4 Ruff, glad you were able to get it sold. I figured you probably had by now. It was a very nice & well-maintained Silverado. Hey, I wonder if you are buying that '85 I saw either here or on ebay a few days/weeks ago(?). I remember it was pretty sweet and a good price but not much else about it. Are you driving I-40 back east? If so, you'll be heading right through my neck of the woods - Memphis. If you come through and have time to take a rest stop, give me a shout. I'm always out running around in the '76 if the weather is good on Saturdays. Be fun to meet you and see the '85 as well...and if you got a few minutes, maybe a cup of coffee too. Let me know if you're headed my way and got the time.

Last edited by Spirit76; 10-19-2004 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:35 AM
ruffneckxx
Safety Car

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Originally Posted by Spirit76
10-4 Ruff, glad you were able to get it sold. I figured you probably had by now. It was a very nice & well-maintained Silverado. Hey, I wonder if you are buying that '85 I saw either here or on ebay a few days/weeks ago(?). I remember it was pretty sweet and a good price but not much else about it. Are you driving I-40 back east? If so, you'll be heading right through my neck of the woods - Memphis. If you come through and have time to take a rest stop, give me a shout. I'm always out running around in the '76 if the weather is good on Saturdays. Be fun to meet you and see the '85 as well...and if you got a few minutes, maybe a cup of coffee too. Let me know if you're headed my way and got the time.
I was told to avoid I-40 at all costs. Then I was told it wasn't so bad. Check out the thread and add your opinion http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1548582454

Here is the link to the car I will be driving home http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=923410

Last edited by ruffneckxx; 10-20-2004 at 08:37 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for solid early c4

Quick Reply: Looking for solid early c4