Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:50 PM
mjtihen
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please

What would a 96 CE with 4k miles be worth?
It's at a local dealer and is in flawless condition.
Has most options, except suspension F45?
Has 2 tops.

And could someone run a carfax for me please?
1G1YY225XT5105919

I can hardly wait to get back behind the wheel of a vette again :)

Thanks much.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Coolcar
Intermediate

Default Re: 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please (mjtihen)

Just a guess, but I would say 25-27 thousand would be reasonable for that mileage. I'm sure they want more than that, but I don't know if the market will allow it.

I will try to send your carfax to you, but I haven't done this before, so hopefully I'll get it right!

Good luck. :seeya
Old 04-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Coolcar
Intermediate

Default Re: 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please (Coolcar)

Here it is. Good luck with it.

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had 1 owner in New York. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 526 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/15/2004, was 4,419 miles.
It was not reported to a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported to DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 1 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle
5. RECALL CHECK
CHEVROLET Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 10 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 5.7L V8 PFI OHV 16V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for the perfect CHEVROLET CORVETTE? Check out a list of them in your area.

FREE to you from CARFAX. With the CARFAX Vehicle History Report, you get all this additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

How safe and reliable is this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE?
Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report.

Looking for other CARFAX Certified Cars like this one in your area?
Get a complete, up-to-date list of CARFAX Certified Cars

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE?
Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Helping your teen learn to drive?
Get safe teen driving tips and information with the CARFAX Safe Teen Drivers Program.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 06.Apr.2004 12:59:03. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Accident Check FAQs:
Accident FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919).

Date: Mileage:
12/13/1995 10
09/15/1998 1,323
09/23/1999 2,493
09/08/2000 3,329
05/16/2001 3,841
09/14/2001 3,888
09/23/2002 3,982
01/08/2004 4,409
03/15/2004 4,419

Average miles driven per year 526 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

Mileage Accuracy Check FAQs:
Mileage Accuracy FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Lemon Check FAQs:
Lemon Check FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919) had 1 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 12/13/1995 New York

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919) was originally registered as a Personal Vehicle.

Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Government Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

Ownership Check FAQs:
Ownership FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CHEVROLET does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE. You can also contact an authorized dealership or CHEVROLET at 1-800-222-1020 to find out if this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919) still has recalls that require repair.

Recall Check FAQs:
Recall FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage for this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919) using the date this report was generated (06.Apr.2004 12:59:03) and the last odometer reading reported to CARFAX. If you have a current odometer reading, you may recalculate the remaining warranty coverage.

Estimated start date of warranty: 11/01/1995
Last reading reported on 03/15/2004: 4,419 miles
Today's Date: April 6, 2004

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Remaining Coverage:
Basic 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Drivetrain 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Emissions 24 months or 24,000 miles Coverage expired
Corrosion 72 months or 100,000 miles Coverage expired
Transferable Transferable at no cost Same
Roadside Assistance 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Safety belt & inflatable restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Notes: ALIGNMENT AND WHEEL BALANCING ARE CONSIDERED MAINTENANCE AFTER 7,500 MILES. GEO NAME DROPPED BY GM IN 1998. GEO MODELS CHANGED TO CHEVROLET. INCLUDES SURFACE CORROSION, BATTERIES, ADJUSTMENTS, ALTERNATE TRANSPORT, TIRES.

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the at the CHEVROLET web site.

Warranty Calculator FAQs:
Warranty FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX searched more than 2.7 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 10 record(s) for this 1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY225XT5105919).

Date:
Mileage Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

11/01/1995 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Elmira, NY
Registered as
personal vehicle

12/13/1995 10 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Elmira, NY
Title issued
First owner reported

09/15/1998 1,323 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

09/23/1999 2,493 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

09/08/2000 3,329 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

05/16/2001 3,841 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

09/14/2001 3,888 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

09/23/2002 3,982 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

01/08/2004 4,409 Dealer Inventory
Reading, PA
Vehicle offered for sale

03/15/2004 4,419 Auto Auction
Sold at auction
in Florida
Listed as
a dealer vehicle

04/06/2004 CARFAX AdvisorTM Be sure to buy this vehicle from a licensed dealer.

A curbstoner is a person who purchases vehicles at volumes that require a dealer license and then poses as a private seller to sell to unsuspecting buyers for a large profit. Curbstoning is illegal in most States.

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.

Personal Use
Vehicle was registered by the owner for private or personal use.

Detailed Vehicle History FAQs:
Detailed Vehicle History FAQs | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

CARFAX
BUYBACK GUARANTEE

If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

Severe Damage: Odometer Problems: Lemon History:
Salvage/Junk

Rebuilt/Reconstructed

Dismantled

Fire/Flood/Hail

Canadian Total Loss
Exceeds Mechanical Limits

Not Actual Mileage
Manufacturer Buyback

Your CARFAX Buyback Coverage:
Vehicle: Transferable Coverage: Activation:
1996 CHEVROLET CORVETTE
1G1YY225XT5105919 04/06/2004 - 04/06/2005 REQUIRED --
ACTIVATE TODAY!

Activation Required

Go to http://www.carfax.com/cfm/
Terms and Conditions Apply
CARFAX agrees to buy this vehicle back from the holder of this Vehicle History Report if the report indicates the vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee and a Branded Title, as fully defined in the Terms and Conditions, actually exists for this vehicle. YOU MUST REGISTER TO ACTIVATE THIS FREE GUARANTEE (www.carfax.com) in order to be eligible for payment. View Terms and Conditions (www.carfax.com/cfm/hctermsanddef.cfm).

Additional Services & Resources:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consumer Reports Sell Your Car Online Pre-purchase Inspection

Car Price Quote Vehicle Financing Insurance Center

CARFAX Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®

Need help? Please visit our Help Center at http://www.carfax.com/help.

© 2004 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending. 06.Apr.2004 12:59:03

:steering:
Old 04-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Coolcar
Intermediate

Default Re: 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please (Coolcar)

By the way, my carfax account expires on the 11th. I'll be leaving town on the afternoon of the 8th, but if anyone needs one before then, just holler!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:00 PM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Before you "pull the trigger" on the low mile one, why don't you consider mine. I have a '96 LT4 (6 spd) Collector Edition that I would sell for a reasonable price. Look in my signature below for the details and click in the link to my website for additional info.

She has around (not exactly sure and I am at work) 36K miles and is in EXCELLENT condition. Matter of fact, I just won a trophy at the AutoFair this weekend at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte. This is the 2nd trophy I have won since buying it one year ago!! I also have all of the original parts if you wanted to put her back to stock!

I would take $19,500 (slightly negotiable!). I have the C5 itch right now! Not really trying very hard to sell her yet, but thought you might want to take a look!
Old 04-07-2004, 02:23 PM
mjtihen
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please (QikStik)

Well ya snooze ya lose.
The guy sold it for 29k yesterday.

QikStik yours looks nice and I may warm up to a long distance purchase yet, but I'm recollecting my thoughts now. I wasn't really after a CE per say, but the 4k miles was attracting me on that one. I may even see if I can get into a C5.
Now if you wanted to drive it up to St. Louis and demo it for me that would sure help LOL :crazy:
Old 04-07-2004, 03:13 PM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Well ya snooze ya lose.
The guy sold it for 29k yesterday.

QikStik yours looks nice and I may warm up to a long distance purchase yet, but I'm recollecting my thoughts now. I wasn't really after a CE per say, but the 4k miles was attracting me on that one. I may even see if I can get into a C5.
Now if you wanted to drive it up to St. Louis and demo it for me that would sure help LOL :crazy:
There are a lot of Forum members around Charlotte that can check it out for you! :D Whatever you decide, GOOD LUCK with your search!! :cheers:

BTW, Do you know what the 4K mile CE sold for? What were they asking?

Mark
Old 04-07-2004, 03:54 PM
mjtihen
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please (QikStik)

It sold for 29k even, he was asking 29,995
It was in flawless condition.
I knew it would sell fast, didn't expect it to go that fast though.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:27 PM
TOM65 L76 96 LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Sent you A IM
Old 04-07-2004, 07:56 PM
legendzzz
Racer

Your better off with a C5 at that price. When that car gets miles on it the value will drop ALOT! At least with the GREAT C5 prices now you will be in the drivers seat(no pun intended) and down the road the guy who bought the C4 from you helped you make the better choice. :yesnod: :cheers: :yesnod:
Old 04-07-2004, 08:45 PM
cruzr
Instructor

You may want to check in the post dispatch. A dealer in Manchester has been advertising a 96 LT4 with 60000 miles for $16500.00 for a couple weeks now. It is supposedly in ex condition. I think he is a BMW dealer. If it checks out let me know, and good luck. :cheers: Im looking for dependable dailey driver for under $10000, my driver was stolen yesterday. :sad:

Get notified of new replies

To 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please

Quick Reply: 96 CE LT4 worth? and carfax please