Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

First time buyer....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 11:02 AM
C4 life
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First time buyer....

I would really like to own a '96 silver collector edi. vette. Preferably a 6 spd. under 20k but I do realize that it might take awhile. I did find an automatic 96 coll. with 75k miles, 2 owners, excel. condition for 18,500obo. I talked the salesman down to 17,700 fairly easily. What is a good price for this car? I've been shopping around and it seems to be priced about right. Any help is apprec.'d
Thanks,
Old 04-05-2004, 11:54 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Re: First time buyer.... (C4 life)

I have a '96 LT4 (6 spd) Collector Edition that I would sell for a reasonable price. Look in my signature below for the details and click in the link to my website for additional info.

She has around (not exactly sure and I am at work) 36K miles and is in EXCELLENT condition. Matter of fact, I just won a trophy at the AutoFair this weekend at Lowes Motor Speedway. This is the 2nd trophy I have won since buying it one year ago!! I also have all of the original parts if you wanted to put her back to stock!

I would take $19,500 (slightly negotiable!)
Old 04-05-2004, 01:46 PM
fryguy84
Drifting

I would really like to own a '96 silver collector edi. vette. Preferably a 6 spd. under 20k but I do realize that it might take awhile. I did find an automatic 96 coll. with 75k miles, 2 owners, excel. condition for 18,500obo. I talked the salesman down to 17,700 fairly easily. What is a good price for this car? I've been shopping around and it seems to be priced about right. Any help is apprec.'d
Thanks,
If you can get a 1996 Collector with the 6 speed (LT4 motor) you will be very happy! I know I am!!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:26 PM
C4 life
Cruising

The only problem that I am faced with is the fact that wife is strongly againest a manual trans.. This car is going to be a daily driver and the other autos. we drive ( 99 alero w/114k miles, 93 bmw 325i 95k for sale 6,500obo, and my 91 z-28 excel. cond) are all cars. She will most likely get a SUV in a couple of months but the Vette needs to be an auto. or the wife will think it's MY toy and I just bought a stick to spite her. The last thing I want is to pay 400-500 monthly and get the third degree over a damn transmission.
I drove the Vette at 2o'clock today and was very impressed with the power and how tight everything was ( doors, steering, suspension, brakes, etc..) I will give it some thought over dinner. :rofl:
Old 04-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Dilligas
Burning Brakes

I can vouch for QikStik's CE, it is a very impressive car. If I had known it was for sell a few weeks ago I might not have bought my C5 :cheers:
Old 04-05-2004, 05:34 PM
fryguy84
Drifting

The only problem that I am faced with is the fact that wife is strongly againest a manual trans.. This car is going to be a daily driver and the other autos. we drive ( 99 alero w/114k miles, 93 bmw 325i 95k for sale 6,500obo, and my 91 z-28 excel. cond) are all cars. She will most likely get a SUV in a couple of months but the Vette needs to be an auto. or the wife will think it's MY toy and I just bought a stick to spite her. The last thing I want is to pay 400-500 monthly and get the third degree over a damn transmission.
I drove the Vette at 2o'clock today and was very impressed with the power and how tight everything was ( doors, steering, suspension, brakes, etc..) I will give it some thought over dinner. :rofl:
We need a whipped smiley! :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Re: First time buyer.... (Dilligas)

I can vouch for QikStik's CE, it is a very impressive car. If I had known it was for sell a few weeks ago I might not have bought my C5 :cheers:
Thanks for the plug Dilligas!!! :seeya
Old 04-06-2004, 03:42 PM
C4 life
Cruising

Default Re: First time buyer.... (QikStik)

I believe being understanding to someone else's needs is slightly different from being whipped. Besides are you gay? I'd might as well be if I pissed her off because I'd be going without (hers) until she feels I've learned my lesson. I'm starting to get more and more pissed about how women use the "well, your not gettin any then" tactic way to much. If she only knew half the poopie I get myself into behind her back she would probably have me committed.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:17 PM
fryguy84
Drifting

I believe being understanding to someone else's needs is slightly different from being whipped. Besides are you gay? I'd might as well be if I pissed her off because I'd be going without (hers) until she feels I've learned my lesson. I'm starting to get more and more pissed about how women use the "well, your not gettin any then" tactic way to much. If she only knew half the poopie I get myself into behind her back she would probably have me committed.
Hey dude :chill: !!! It was an obvious joke!! (well at least for people with common sense, that leaves you out!!)

Next time I'll type slower you so can understand it better!!

Did you see these :lolg: :lolg: !!! That was me laughing! :chill:

[Modified by fryguy84, 7:18 PM 4/6/2004]
Old 04-07-2004, 11:14 AM
C4 life
Cruising

Default Re: First time buyer.... (fryguy84)

I was not being serious!!!! The whole "are you gay?" thing was a joke. I'm not going to be upset because someone said I'm whipped!! I guess I should have put my :lol: :lol: 's in too.

Get notified of new replies

To First time buyer....

Quick Reply: First time buyer....