Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Thanatos69
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell

I'm looking at selling my '94 coupe which was my daily driver. Here's the deal, about a month ago the automatic transmission went south on me and I'm currently not in a position to get it repaired. It pains me to see the car sitting in the garage so I'm thinking of selling it to someone that wouldn't mind spending a bit of time to get it running again. The particulars are listed below:

Year: 1994
model: coupe
milage: 125k (bought it with 122k and enjoyed it for 3k before trans. died)
ext. color: dark metallic red
int. color: black
trans: 4 speed auto (currently not working)

here are the negatives:

transmission has no forward gears, reverse works
seat covers are a bit worn, one small hole in the driver side bolster
dual power seat tracks work, but have worn gears
interior door panels are in good shape, but passenger side is loose on door
carpet is in great shape, needs floor mats
upper window stops on both windows are broken, so glass slides a bit too high
few chips in the windshield
weatherstripping all the way around is in need of replacement
power antenna needs mast replacement
needs lower air dam, running about 10-15 too warm
passenger side headlight needs a replacement gear, binds when opening

ok, now on to the pluses:

engine runs great, no optispark issues
new tires, less than 2000 miles on them
rims are in decent shape, minor scuffs, but are true (no warps)
new starter (changed out 2000 ago)
oil and coolant changed (less than 2000 miles since change)
PKE works great, one key fob
Bose Gold works, CD, cassette and radio
no issues with any of the electrical systems, dash in good order.
body in good shape.
paint is glossy with a few minor paint scratches and chips

by no means is this car near perfect, but it was a great daily driver and with some TLC it could be a wonderful daily driver. I'm not listing a price here, becuase I want to see what the offers might be. I'm taking into consideration the price of a transmission repair, and the other things that are wrong, so I'm not expecting blue book on this. Feel free to make an offer if you are interested, all will be treated fairly and I promise to reply to each.

Old 10-16-2003, 05:42 PM
hz900
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell (Thanatos69)

:banghead: Damn this is exacly what I am looking for but won't be finacially ready until next spring. Good luck with the sale. If I had to guess without pics I would say $6-8k depending. The tranny and interior wear is really gonna hurt ya.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanatos69
Instructor

Default Re: FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell (hz900)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know the tranny and the interior are the biggest detractors at the moment. I'm taking that into consideration for the price, and the range you listed is what I think would be approriate. Its was a nice daily, but was a bit rough in a few spots. I really enjoy driving it, but its killing me sitting it go to waste. If I get a decent offer, I'll sell it, otherwise in Feb/Mar I'll have the tranny rebuild and I'll start on the other repairs. Good luck on your search also.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to be related to a Susanne Durant who was a school teacher would you? Just curious.

[Modified by Thanatos69, 5:40 PM 10/16/2003]
Old 10-19-2003, 06:14 PM
joeljet
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell (Thanatos69)

how about a trade for a nice 79 vette? how far south of ft worth are you? give me a call 817-430-1865
Old 10-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanatos69
Instructor

Default Re: FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell (joeljet)

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately it has to be a sell. I've still got a small loan to pay off on it, otherwise I might be tempted by the trade.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:48 PM
vet95mb98
Instructor

UNFORTUNATELY A DEALER WOULDNT TAKE IT BECAUSE OF THE MILES. THEY COULD GET THE TRANSMISSION FIXED MUCH CHEAPER THAN A PRIVATE PARTY. BUT THERE ARE MECHANICS OUT THERE LOOKING FOR LT-1 CORVETTES CHEAP THAT NEED WORK. 6500 AND UP. TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN. :leaving:
Old 10-24-2003, 10:36 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

hey brother, i'm in austin....i'm up in round rock on business all the time...drop me an im or email and i'd like to meet up and check the car out....maybe work something out.... e.j. "evil"
Old 10-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Thanatos69
Instructor

Seems I have a deal to sell the Corvette. Thanks for the replies and the interest.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:45 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

ttt for ya...sorry i couldnt seal the deal....
Old 10-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanatos69
Instructor

Default Re: FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell (EVIL)

Evil,

No hard feelings, sometimes these things just don't work out.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:17 PM
BowTieBlood
Melting Slicks

Got your IM, let me know what kind of price you're looking for and I'll see if any kind of deal can be made...

TTT
Old 11-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

How much does a transmission rebuild run? :confused:

Interior wear doesn't concern me to much... :lurk:
Old 12-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Thanatos69
Instructor

Default Re: FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell (Umrswimr)

The rebuild is going to be in the neighborhood of $1500-2000 most likely. Sorry for the delay here, I've been busy at work. I'll actually be out of the country for the rest of the month starting this week. I've decided to go ahead and keep the car for now. Thanks for the inquiry and I hope everyone has a good Christmas

Get notified of new replies

To FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell

Quick Reply: FS [TX] '94 dark red metallic coupe, testing the waters for possible sell