Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 06:26 PM
D SHARK 9
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4

We own a '96 Collector's Edition w/ manual trans. (LT4). The car is in great condition inside and out, no wear on seats and always garaged. I believe it has every option available; adj. suspension, real time damping, tire pressure monitoring system, passive keyless entry, dual power sport seats, and bose gold cd/cass. to name a few. Blk. int. 63k miles.

We rarely drive this car and have too much money in it to justify keeping it. I will consider any year C4, manual or auto. While to me there's no such thing as a lesser vette, there is such thing as a lesser value vette. We would prefer a coupe and/or Z51, but will consider any C4. The vette market tells me that our vette should be worth around 20k. If you have a reasonable offer, lets talk.

P.S.- I promised myself (and wife) that I want to own a vette for as long as I live. :cheers:
Old 03-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Zproud
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (D SHARK 9)

I am looking at upgrading , what I have 1987 white with blue leather. auto both power seats ,power window and locks rad boost fan ,painted roof panel, electronic air conditioning (134) heated mirrors cruse, bose , z-52 sport handling package ,rear defog,mileage is 89 k new tires ,brakes , mobil one,
3rd owner , grage kept, could use rear carpet, radio repair, cut out some times. my photos are @ http://photosyahoo.com/carrs2003 and 12,000.00 do you have photos of you car ?
:party:
Old 03-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Newbie85
Racer

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (D SHARK 9)

You have mail.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:25 PM
D SHARK 9
Racer

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (bills87)

Bill, your car looks nice, I favor white, black, or admiral blue on C4's. I will surely consider yours. My wife is at a baby shower now and I'm painting the hallway, as soon as she gets back I'll show her the pictures and we'll decide. To be very frank with you, I'm just not a huge fan of blue interior, but I'll give it a second thought and see what my wife thinks.

Your car really does look clean. Thanks, and I'll get back to you.

Newbie, I'll send you an email in about 1 hour, thank you.

Old 03-29-2003, 01:13 AM
D SHARK 9
Racer

As far as pictures go, I don't have a scanner, but if anyone in the Chicagoland area is willing to help us post pictures, we'd be happy to drive the vette to your home this weekend or any evening (weather permitting). Then we can get some pictures up and also have an unbiased opinion about our vette. :thumbs:

Bill, my wife likes the white exterior, but we still have mixed feelings about the blue. I'm not saying "no", but would really appreciate it if you could give us a few days (maybe 1 week). We'd like to see what other offers we get, and I'm also listing the car for sale in the local newspaper next weekend. Hope you can understand and I promise to get back to you, thanks. :flag
Old 03-29-2003, 03:36 PM
D SHARK 9
Racer

We'll be out of town this weekend. I will check back with you all Monday evening. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Zproud
Burning Brakes

:yesnod: :flag
Old 03-30-2003, 06:15 PM
RayJay
Advanced

D Shark,
Would you consider trading for an A4 CE coupe? I would really like to try the LT-4 & the M6 tranny. Here's the rundown on mine:

* ' 96 LT-1 A4 CE Coupe
* 41.6K miles
* Black leather interior
* Bose Gold CD
* Yokohama A520's w/ ~ 8 K miles on them
* Both tops
* SLP Claw air intake
Engine/chasis mods include:
* GM LT-4 HotCam Kit
* BBK/Edelbrock 52MM TB
* Yank 3000 TC
* DRM Swaybars w/ poly bushings
* Baer Eradispeed front rotors w/ Hawk pads
* BBM Trans cooler
The car is in very good condition and has not been raced in the three years I have owned it. I believe that I am the second owner. I have stored the car each winter and it is never driven in the elements (if I can help it...). I've replaced the intake manifold gasket and the water pump.

I live in South Elgin, Il. If you are interested, give me a call and come out and see it. My number is 847-695-0396.
:yesnod:
Old 04-01-2003, 03:23 AM
D SHARK 9
Racer

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (RayJay)

RayJay,
Your car sounds impressive to say the least, and my wife loves the idea of an automatic CE (:quote: I can give her more attention than my driving on our cruises--little does she know, that the manual trans is not the only part of the vette that's got my undivided attention and smile)

I am sorry though, but I would not be interested in a trade, for two reasons: (1) I really am trying to save some money here to make my 'better half' happy too. Judging by your milage alone, there would be little cash profit for me in this deal. (2) Your car offers more than what I'm looking for. I don't drag race so I think I'd rather get a fairly stock vette. Something we can cruise up to the Dells in Wis. on weekends.

But RayJay, I'd love to see your vette and see what you think about mine. The weather is suppose to be in the mid 70's this week, how 'bout I call you anyway and stop by to see you this week?

P.S.- maybe you can even help me post a picture. :cheers: thanks.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:01 PM
RayJay
Advanced

D Shark,

You are right. All things considered, I would not want to put any cash in the deal. I would like to have an M6, though. I don't really consider my car to be a drag racer. The HotCam put the HP level up to that of the LT-4 and the Torque Converter made it quite drivable around town. You might get a kick out of taking it for a spin. I know I'd like to try yours.

Please feel free to give me a call. Ask for John. This week is kinda bad for me. I work in the city and don't get back home till 6:30 or later. Bet we could work something out, though. Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
John Wray (RayJay)
Old 04-03-2003, 08:35 PM
D SHARK 9
Racer

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (RayJay)

I haven't listed the car for sale in the local paper yet. Still entertaining all offers.

Am I correct to believe that my vette is worth around 20k. I'd appreciate any comments, preferably encouragements but can take critism. :rant:
Old 04-03-2003, 10:33 PM
RayJay
Advanced

D Shark,

I imagine that there are plenty of LT-4s being listed thru the Forum. See how your price fits in. Seems like the Corvette market is depressed but spring is here and prices always seem to go up. I always look at those free Auto Advertisers in the store lobbies for local prices.

$20K could be a bit on the high side for a 60K mile car but the LT-4/M6 ticket is pretty hot right now. You might get your price. Give it a shot.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Black94LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'14

If I hadn't just bought a new house, I would be all over this. I have been wanting a manual for a long time, and I have a 94 black on black automatic coupe with 32,000 miles on it.

Then again, this car is my baby, so buying another house may have just saved me some agony.

Good luck! :cheers:

[Modified by Black94LT1, 9:07 AM 4/4/2003]
Old 04-04-2003, 11:09 PM
matt fury
Instructor

Sigh, if only I wasn't tapped out... I'm sure you'll have no problem finding somebody willing to trade up..the LT4 is a fantastic engine and people know it. :)

Good luck!

MF
Old 04-04-2003, 11:46 PM
D SHARK 9
Racer

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (matt fury)

Thanks fellas, that's great encouragement, but selling this car will be bitter sweet . That's why I hope to trade for another vette, it'll make the transaction less painful.
God only knows how bad I wanted this car and searched for months to find it. It was the 3rd LT4 I test drove, and by far the cleanest. I was convinced when I saw how clean the engine bay was.
But it's something I must do to better our financial well-being.
Ahh, sacrifices............ :cheers:
Old 04-06-2003, 06:51 PM
SonnyinVA
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldn't get rid of it....
Old 04-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Boo383
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Would you be interested in trading it towards the 85 listed in my signature. If you are I have pictures and more info. The pic in my signature is the engine in the 85. Let me know. :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4

Old 04-07-2003, 02:14 AM
D SHARK 9
Racer

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (Boo383)

Holy smokes :eek: Boo383,
I can't begin to imagine what your '85 feels like. Tell me, do you get in a lot of trouble for damage to city property........like ripping up asphalt !?
But seriously, it's impressive to say the least, but definitely not something I can get my wife to relax in. :auto:

Thanks for the offer!
Old 04-07-2003, 02:48 PM
movin
Pro

Are you the original owner or do you know the history? any accidents?

I have a 90 A4 coupe, white w/red interior. car has only 61k miles and is in awesome shape. I am the second owner and bought it privately locally.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:21 AM
D SHARK 9
Racer

Default Re: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4 (movin)

movin, I am the second owner. The dealership that we bought it from told us that the car was originally leased by a corporate exec., the guy loaded it with options and picked it up for about $45,000. We've owned it for about one year and babied it, no accidents. Carfax declares no accidents in the past and no problems ever found, the condition of this car will vouch for that.

Please list some of your more noteable options. Z51, dual power seats, cd, and performance axle are some of the things I'm more interested in. If its got the right bells and whistles, I would consider it.........given the numbers will work both ways. :cheers:

Quick Reply: Considering a trade down for our '96 Collector's Edition LT4