Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: wanted c4 with roll cage

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 08:59 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,269 Likes on 1,451 Posts

Default wanted c4 with roll cage

before i go building a caged track car...i figured id ask here if anyone wants to sell theirs.

Ive researched the whole racing thing now and i suspect there are a few c4’s sitting in garages having been retired for a while.

if anyone knows of any car sitting awaiting its next race owner...let me know. id rather give an already existing race chassis a new lease on racing than build an entirely new one from scratch.

thnx. VT.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:23 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
before i go building a caged track car...i figured id ask here if anyone wants to sell theirs.

Ive researched the whole racing thing now and i suspect there are a few c4’s sitting in garages having been retired for a while.

if anyone knows of any car sitting awaiting its next race owner...let me know. id rather give an already existing race chassis a new lease on racing than build an entirely new one from scratch.

thnx. VT.
I've got an 86' roller with a full Corvette World Challenge Series Cage by Prorofab that would fit the bill. Its got the best of everything else for the time period (suspension/brakes/ropll bars) as it was raced as an NCCC group II car. Car is currently disassembled but on its own 4 feet. 383 cu in L98, built turbo 400 spare engines/ short block available too. Located near Rockford, IL. Can be viewed while I'm in town Octiober 2-7th. I'll be taking bictures and documenting parts at that time. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk.

-=MIke
Old 10-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,768 Likes on 945 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Mine only has a 4 point bar, but needs nothing else to go racing. It wouldn't take much to finish a cage.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html
Old 10-07-2019, 12:29 AM
oscarm98
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 1994 C4 with Roll Cage (Behind driver and Passenger seats) It does not come forward of the rear of the seats. This vette also has no engine or transmission currently installed. It also has Baer front brakes and "Big Weenie" (be careful searching that) mod for ZR1 width rear wheels. The chassis is complete,

Let me know if you are interested before I install the LT1 383 engine next week.

Thank you

Dave Meyer

Last edited by oscarm98; 10-07-2019 at 12:30 AM. Reason: remove my cell number from public posting
Old 10-07-2019, 12:34 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kubs
Mine only has a 4 point bar, but needs nothing else to go racing. It wouldn't take much to finish a cage.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-for-sale.html

Hi Kubs, thnx for the reply here. I have seen your vids on youtube. Well built car! getting out of the hobby/sport? i am looking for champ and your car is way way more than i can race in that series
Old 10-07-2019, 12:45 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by oscarm98
I have a 1994 C4 with Roll Cage (Behind driver and Passenger seats) It does not come forward of the rear of the seats. This vette also has no engine or transmission currently installed. It also has Baer front brakes and "Big Weenie" (be careful searching that) mod for ZR1 width rear wheels. The chassis is complete,

Let me know if you are interested before I install the LT1 383 engine next week.

Thank you

Dave Meyer

pm sent
Old 10-07-2019, 07:20 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,768 Likes on 945 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Hi Kubs, thnx for the reply here. I have seen your vids on youtube. Well built car! getting out of the hobby/sport? i am looking for champ and your car is way way more than i can race in that series
Ahh yeah, it is a bit beyond those rules.

I just dont have time to dedicate to it anymore. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old that consume most of my time. I would like to get a C5Z to keep as a street car as I will be able to enjoy a street car more often than a race car that I can only enjoy on the track. Wife says I need to get rid of one before I buy another so the race car is the one that goes. If I have time to go to the track a C5Z is still fully capable (and maybe even faster than my dinosaur!)

Last edited by Kubs; 10-07-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:24 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtiguy
I've got an 86' roller with a full Corvette World Challenge Series Cage by Prorofab that would fit the bill. Its got the best of everything else for the time period (suspension/brakes/ropll bars) as it was raced as an NCCC group II car. Car is currently disassembled but on its own 4 feet. 383 cu in L98, built turbo 400 spare engines/ short block available too. Located near Rockford, IL. Can be viewed while I'm in town Octiober 2-7th. I'll be taking bictures and documenting parts at that time. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk.

-=MIke
Car has been sold, paid for and picked up.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Finzyy
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

thnx. VT.
I left you a PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:55 PM
John S 1961
Melting Slicks

Received 200 Likes on 140 Posts

Whats your budget? Have you ever done any time on track? A vette is an expensive way to go. Tires$$$ brakes$$$ drivetrain. Car gets eaten up on track. Have you done driverr schools? What is your local track?
Old 12-29-2019, 05:29 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by John S 1961
Whats your budget? Have you ever done any time on track? A vette is an expensive way to go. Tires$$$ brakes$$$ drivetrain. Car gets eaten up on track. Have you done driverr schools? What is your local track?

hi. Are u selling a car with a cage or potential track car?
Old 12-29-2019, 06:29 PM
Finzyy
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

hi. Are u selling a car with a cage or potential track car?
I have a C4 with a cage for sale.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:19 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Finzyy
I have a C4 with a cage for sale.

pm sent
Old 01-03-2020, 10:37 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 92 zf

I have a 92 manual available. It's more of a project car than a race car, but... I bought it to do time-trials and HPDE but I had an incident while working on wife's car that has curbed my enthusiasm for working on cars, especially crawling under them for anything.

Anyway, as I said, 92 with manual ZF6. I have a 6pt roll bar set, but not installed (purchased used from another forum member a while ago), a removable steering wheel, Kirkey 20* road racing seat. Two (+) sets of wheels/tires. One set it just sits on, some kind of chromed rims that may or may not be knockoffs of something. The other set is 4 C5 fronts with Khumo Victoracer (?) tires with 1 heat cycle. Also have 2 C5 rear rims with no rubber. The car has a Z51 rear spring installed, with the matching front, but not installed. These are from one of the Corvette Challenge cars of the '90s, again purchased from another member here.

Also have a set of C5 front calipers with C4 brackets, new Hawk HP+ pads bedded on new rotors, or if you want (need) to keep in class a set of J55 calipers and rotors (never installed) that can come with the car.

It runs but now has old gas so needs an ether shot to get started. AC inop, Needs minor body work and a paint job. Like I said, it's a project car with a salvage title.

Located in DE. Moving soon so it needs to go.

Let the whole thing go for … $3,500?

Email outshootin@yahoo.com
Tim

Old 01-05-2020, 12:14 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

thank you for replying to my wtb ad. It sounds enticing but im on the other side of the continent from you so i will have to pass

Get notified of new replies

To wanted c4 with roll cage

Quick Reply: WTB: wanted c4 with roll cage