Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Selling my zr-1 overseas question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:58 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Selling my zr-1 overseas question

Hi
I have a potential buyer for my 94 ZR-1 .He is from Norway. His ebay feedback is very good 385 positives. He wants to go throught an escrow company Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Miami – Savannah - New York. They look legit. Any advice or what I should look out for. Here is what they sent.
Our Escrow Service works as follow:

1. Once you have agreed on the purchase/sale of this vehicle we will draft the Buyers Escrow Letter & Seller Escrow Letter and send them to you. Both documents must be completed, endorsed, and returned (by both buyer & seller).

2. Bard will transfer the shipping cost + purchase price + non-refundable escrow fee into our escrow account.

3. We will notify the seller (Todd) upon receipt of funds to confirm the drop off/delivery date of the vehicle + original title + bill of sale so that we can have a cashiers check ready for the even exchange.

We hold an A rating witht the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Here is the Link: http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-...na-ca-13144694

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Christian Mager
Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Mia
Old 08-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 91vettezr1
Hi
I have a potential buyer for my 94 ZR-1 .He is from Norway. His ebay feedback is very good 385 positives. He wants to go throught an escrow company Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Miami – Savannah - New York. They look legit. Any advice or what I should look out for. Here is what they sent.
Our Escrow Service works as follow:

1. Once you have agreed on the purchase/sale of this vehicle we will draft the Buyers Escrow Letter & Seller Escrow Letter and send them to you. Both documents must be completed, endorsed, and returned (by both buyer & seller).

2. Bard will transfer the shipping cost + purchase price + non-refundable escrow fee into our escrow account.

3. We will notify the seller (Todd) upon receipt of funds to confirm the drop off/delivery date of the vehicle + original title + bill of sale so that we can have a cashiers check ready for the even exchange.

We hold an A rating witht the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Here is the Link: http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-...na-ca-13144694

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Christian Mager
Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Mia
Every single car/motorcycle I have sold oversea's has been paid for before I gave the buyer anything. I think trusting an escrow company that "seems legit" just leaves you open to get scammed. Have you talked to this buyer on the phone? I have found scammers generally don't talk to you on the phone. Also scammers always have legit looking "3rd party" sites that they actually set up, or they initially give you a real companies site, but later direct you to a link that goes to a fake version of the site, ever see a fake paypal site? pretty convincing, they are good at that stuff. I personally would not do it, they contacted me they need to front the money, and ebay user names can be hacked just like anything else. Having said all that, I don't really see the scam here, they never are trying to steal the car, but generally want you to send them money for some dumb reason, perhaps that's coming.

Did they're FIRST contact with you have all the sale/escrow/shipping details in it?

Last edited by Y-ME; 08-19-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Chelledan
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally would not trust this at all. You should find a different way to complete this transaction and protect yourself, Your way is the Only way. Maybe you find a local legit escrow company, one that you can walk in and talk to them face to face. Only then would I trust a third party, not some company you don't know in any way, and have no way to verify except the Internet, where we all know everything we see and read on there is true....get my point.

Everyone that have read my threads know I am seeking a C4, but only have 7k, so I will help you out some here. I will barrow some money for a plane ticket, fly to you and give you my 7k, you then sign your title over to me and hand me the keys. This way you at least will get 7k instead of you taking the chance of getting $0.00 (ZERO) and your ZR1 then being unrecoverable due to it being in some foreign country. My way, I am VERY happy and you have 7k more then what could happen.....lol

All joking aside, if your not 110% sure, then don't do it. Is the quicker sale worth the chance at a total loss? Your way or No way......

Last edited by Chelledan; 08-19-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:55 AM
54greg
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I sold my 66 overseas. Car was inspected, money was wired. After it cleared and in my account I help the buyer handle the transportation. Big hassle but all was good
Old 08-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Kris_K
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 54greg
I sold my 66 overseas. Car was inspected, money was wired. After it cleared and in my account I help the buyer handle the transportation. Big hassle but all was good
I agree. I have sold at least three cars on Ebay to foreign buyers and each time I got paid up front through wire transfer and they arranged transportation themselves.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:59 AM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Funny you said Norway I sold my Zo6 to Norway in 2006.

It was a smooth deal I would do it again, make sure the money is deposited into your account before you release your car to go to the port.

The car has to go to the port and then is loaded into a container, then it is held for a week to check if the car was stolen.

Then about month later your car reaches it's new owner.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't do it!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Originally Posted by ORANGEBROTHERS
Don't do it!
hi
If I does go through I am dropping the car at the Elizabeth port I am requesting funds to be transferred into my account, they say it won't be a problem. ,I checked the company out and it looks legit.They have a A rating with the BBB.I will keep you posted.
thanks
Todd

Last edited by 91vettezr1; 08-19-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:17 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

fob - your drive way!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The scams are never after the car, just your money, ive sold multiple cars overseas, never got hit with escrow request, I get the money tranfered, and give it a week, to make sure there is funny business.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:11 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Y-ME
The scams are never after the car, just your money, ive sold multiple cars overseas, never got hit with escrow request, I get the money tranfered, and give it a week, to make sure there is funny business.
Everything went smooth BON VOYAGE!! I'll miss her.

Get notified of new replies

To Selling my zr-1 overseas question

Quick Reply: Selling my zr-1 overseas question