Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1989 Dark metallic red corvette 65k $9000 Nor Cal

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:41 AM
doorpz
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Dark metallic red corvette 65k $9000 Nor Cal

Well I'm sure the story has been repeated on here pretty often but life has changed and I'm going to have let my c4 go. I've wanted one since I was a kid and when I came across this one I couldn't pass it up. I'm the second owner and the first owner obviously didn't drive it much and stored it in a garage with a car cover. It's a dark metallic red with tan interior, automatic, 65k miles, clean title and I've recently spent some time and money getting it back up to snuff.

The car didn't pass smog when I first got the car and it had a really rough idle so I did some of common maintenance items including fuel filter, spark plugs, cap and rotor. I came to realize that there were 3 different kinds of injectors installed and some were showing bad with an ohm test so I replaced them all with a set of the bosch 3 style injectors from Fuel Injector Connection. I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm while I was in there. The car runs great now and it passed smog with flying colors. I also just put in a new Sears Die Hard Gold battery which has a 3 year warranty if I remember correctly. I've also just had a set of Nitto NT-555 tires installed within the last 500 miles.

The paint isn't perfect, there a few scratches that the previous owner tried to touch up, but it still looks pretty great for it's age. The interior is really clean but there are a couple cracks in the dash and the leather on driver's side seat pad is starting to rip. I'd say the car is right in the 7-8 out of 10 range and it gets a lot of attention whenever I take it out. I really don't want to get rid of it but I'm going back to school in the fall and it's just going to be sitting in my shop taking up space and not getting driven so I've decided to release it back into the wild where it belongs. I have the factory GM repair manual for it and a car cover that will be included. The car is located in Novato, CA which is about 30 min north of San Francisco. I would prefer to do a local sell if possible. If you have any questions just shoot me a message.

Thanks,
Jake

Here's my ad on Craigslist, there's more pictures on there.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4584669326.html

Last edited by doorpz; 07-25-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Quick Reply: 1989 Dark metallic red corvette 65k $9000 Nor Cal