Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

F/S 1996 LT4 heavily modified

Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 AM
lt4vette
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F/S 1996 LT4 heavily modified

1996 Corvette. This is an original LT4 car with ZF 6 speed transmission. Black with black interior. First I want to point out that this car still has some work to be done and is not perfect. Car has Greenwood ground effects package with upgraded C4r wing, C4r quarter pieces and C4r front spoiler with HID running lights. Front spoiler is not installed yet. It has all new GM front side markers and fog/running light assemblies.

Engine: 350 ci LT4. Brand new motor built by Dave Hight at Vamp Racing. I have the build sheet. Forged pistons with coated skirts. Stock LT4 rods reconned with ARP bolts. Stock LT4 crank. Motor has ARP main studs and head studs. ATI super damper. Cam is a Lloyd Elliot grind 6xx/6xx 13x/13x on a 107 lsa with 1.6 rockers. Heads are AFR 195's with Ti retainers and locks. Brand new AC Delco opti-spark. MSD wires and coil. Stock LT4 intake opened up to fit a 58mm throttle body. Polished water pump housing with CSI electric pump. Fabricated sheet metal valve covers. Polished throttle body. Polished fuel rails. Polished alternator. Polished AC compressor and lines. All new sensors including crank position, MAP, TPS, knock, coolant etc. All new coolant hoses. Front mounted TPIS oil cooler with -10 lines. Motor still needs to be tuned. I have an extra ECM with LT1 edit loaded on it, ALDL cables and also an Autotap scan tool that goes with the car.

Transmission: Stock ZF-6 speed. Brand new slave cylinder, master cylinder and stainless hose. New SPEC stage 3 clutch. ZF DOC beam plates.

Exhaust: TPIS long tube headers with 3" exhaust, 3" X pipe to polished stainless Magnaflow mufflers and center exit quad 4" rolled edge polished stainless tips. The X pipe can be unbolted for easy access to the transmission without dropping the entire exhaust. Also has polished stainless band clamps. This car sounds amazing with this exhaust and the cam.

Fuel system: Racetronix in tank fuel pump and hot wire kit. Stock 28 lb injectors with Aeromotive regulator. Autometer electric fuel pressure guage in A-pillar pod.

Brakes: Baer two piece cross drilled and slotted rotors on front and back. Stainless brake lines. Powder coated calipers with Hawk racing pads. New master cylinder and reservoir with Wilwood brake fluid.

Suspension: All new VB&P rebuild kit with poly urethane bushings (control arms,etc), upper/lower ball joints etc. Polished upper control arms and steering knuckles. Powder coated lower control arms. Polished rack and pinion. Exotic muscle anti bump steer outer tie rod ends. Converted to DRM coil over system. Powder coated springs. Adjustable QA-1 front shocks. VB&P 32mm sway bar. Suspension still needs to be sorted/tuned.

The car needs tires, a new wind shield and a hood. I sold the hood with the intent of installing an after market one. I have the head lights, hinges etc. I will also throw in both volumes of the FSM for the car. Asking $12,000. PM with questions. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by lt4vette; 09-03-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Updated info regarding tuning tools that go with the car.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:54 AM
lt4vette
Instructor

Bump.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Long whistle......
Old 07-21-2014, 12:23 AM
sahhas
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

interior shots?
Old 07-21-2014, 12:32 AM
lt4vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by sahhas
interior shots?
I will get some interior shots up tomorrow after work. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:52 AM
lt4vette
Instructor

Not great quality shots of the interior. They were taken on my phone. This was a base options car. The console is 3M carbon fiber wrap. It also has chrome Grand Sport sill covers. It can certainly use a vacuum and new floor mats. Lol. I also have an LT4 clear plastic cover for the info center somewhere. The type you get at Ecklers etc.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Bump.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:15 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Bump.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:01 PM
corvettezo7sp
Intermediate

Where are you located? Sweet car by the way! In terms of sound, is it unbearable to cruise in? I have a completely stock 95 and I take long trips fairly often. Thanks!!

-Ryan
Old 08-16-2014, 06:17 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by corvettezo7sp
Where are you located? Sweet car by the way! In terms of sound, is it unbearable to cruise in? I have a completely stock 95 and I take long trips fairly often. Thanks!!

-Ryan
Hi Ryan. Thanks for the nice words. I am located just outside Kansas City.

As far as the sound, I think that is a relative term. For some folks, it may be too loud. Some may think it's more conservative than it could be. For me, it's perfect. I can try to send you a video if you would like. Go to YouTube and search deubelz06. My car sounds almost exactly like his green LT4. He is a forum member here too.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:00 PM
sahhas
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

could you post a pic of the windshield? is it cracked?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:39 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Yes, the windshield is cracked. A momentary lose of common sense saw me using the cowl as leverage. Bad idea, as I hit the leading edge of the glass. I will get a pic up later today.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:22 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Old 08-24-2014, 12:23 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Bump.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
BIRDMANmx5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default naws

Did you ever notice whenever a car with nitrous is offered for sale, the ad always says NEVER SPRAYED?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:40 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by BIRDMANmx5
Did you ever notice whenever a car with nitrous is offered for sale, the ad always says NEVER SPRAYED?
Do you see a nitrous system on the car in the pics? Please show me where in the description it says that the car has ever had nitrous on it or is offered with a nitrous system.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:08 PM
frankieb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Built to be a fun street car on nitrous" would lead many to believe the car had nitrous on it at some point. I think you are meaning the car was built to be able to handle nitrous, however it has never been installed on the car. Might want to drop any mention of nitrous from the add if you don't want folks misunderstanding what you are saying.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:23 PM
lt4vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by frankieb
"Built to be a fun street car on nitrous" would lead many to believe the car had nitrous on it at some point. I think you are meaning the car was built to be able to handle nitrous, however it has never been installed on the car. Might want to drop any mention of nitrous from the add if you don't want folks misunderstanding what you are saying.
Fixed the ad to clear up the misunderstanding. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 1996 LT4 heavily modified

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F/S 1996 LT4 heavily modified