Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB Vette in N.J.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB Vette in N.J.

Hi, I'm back to looking for a vet . I started looking at c3 vets back in july . I love stingrays but I want something I can get more use out of without feeling like I'm ruining a classic. Also I can afford the gas a c4
burns . I had some medical problems and stopped my search (hip replaced) .i'm on the mend and told the wife I want to replace my HD
with a vet . I 'm thinking in the 7000 to 10000 range .I''ve seen quite a few clean cars here at that price this summer . winter is on its way so maybe I can find a clean running car that needs a home . I'm in S new jersey ,looking for a clean car that hasn't been beaten and abused .I intend to use as a driver . Owning a vet is one of the things on my bucket list
Old 09-24-2013, 12:22 PM
BLIZZARD2003
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll throw this out there, bit over what you want to pay, but I have a 1988 35th anniversary all original with under 9000 miles on it, actually just under 8900 miles. 3479 of only 2050 made, its automatic. Mint condition always garaged, I have the original window sticker, two tops one painted black the other smoke tinted glass. Beautiful car. I'm n Milford,CT
Old 09-24-2013, 05:09 PM
seamoose
Instructor

thanks , with that low mi it deserves to be with someone that wants something to take out once a year. and is worth more than I would spend on a 88. I'm hoping to get a look on a 96 on e bay that's nearby ,has 86000 and not moving .I understand that we will get a better ride out of a 92 and above . I'm hoping that my wife will enjoy getting out in it .she wouldn't go near my bikes . I 've had a Harley that was a collector and looked like it just came off the assm. line .It drove me nuts trying to keep it that way could not enjoy it . I don't want that with a car ,want something that's presentable but I can run when we feel like and enjoy .And the low sale prices I,ve seen in the last few mts are also attractive. with winter approaching I'm hoping to see some good deals .l Thanks
Old 09-24-2013, 05:45 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

prices fall a bit over the winter months, bump up in the spring.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 PM
vrone44
Instructor

FYI

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4s-...th-jersey.html
Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Just got off craigslist .prices of c 4 corvettes are all over the place . Even dealers, which I tend to avoid don't seem to be following any consistent pricing . Anyone know the best or most used pricing guide today for vets .id be happy with a stock clean car an auto as the wife can't drive a stick and she is the designated driver when I get stupid
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Thanks for that lead on the silver in bayonne .Id look at it but about 3 hrs from me not the best of areas for a vette to live or me to go to . The fact that it was just bought and is being sold gives me a bit of the jitters also .that has been for sale for quite a while
also I think june . I'm in shock at the amount of cars for sale in the s nj and phia craigs .I wrote a few see if they respond . Just never know what you might get into today with craigs .

Last edited by seamoose; 09-24-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added ;posting no
Old 09-24-2013, 06:35 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Anyone in Lansdale pa know this car ,it seems like a winner (teal)
Priced fair ??? comments?? phia pa craigslist
1991 Chevrolet Corvette w/59K Miles - $7500 (Lansdale, PA)
5.7L V8, Automatic, Only 59K Miles
Brand new PA Inspected May 2014
Brand New Tires and Brand New Fuel Injectors
This car is all serviced and ready to go.
Very clean inside and out. Paint is very clean, interior is near spotless, Seats show no wear. Glass top is in good condition.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:37 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Posting ID: 4058728366
car on craigs phiy any comments
Old 09-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Nekko62073
1st Gear

Hi! I also live in south jersey.Franklinville I have a 84 its in primer right now but the interior is shot if your looking to make it yours I'm asking 3500. Have all the interior pieces ( door Panels etc.) Runs great just have to many other projects. let me know if your interested.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Thanks , But the one thing I can not do is paint . At the present prices c4s are going for and the cost of a proper paint job its better for me to find something that's decent and running .I'm hoping to see a 96 in cherry hill tonight and going to Lancaster to look at the aqua 91 . Its not a color Im found of but w/ 59k miles and if it looks as good as its pics I think its perfect for us . I'm doing this as sort of a trial see if the wife will get involved in the whole car thing . Sort of a old age hobby we can enjoy together ,kids are long gone now .With the mc I would go my way and she went hers . Starting to worry about how much time we have left on the rock now.If you know what I mean
If I buy something around 7500 to 9000 and we enjoy it together we'll go for something nicer if not and I don't have to dump a fortune into repairs I can sell next yr for 5 or 6 k and say we spent a couple of grand for the experience . I always wanted to own one just never had the time and cash before . I did take the wife to carlise last yr and she enjoyed the people much better than my biker friends and I think she enjoyed the different cars also. After the kids I worked on the home then changed careers 4 yrs school. IlTime is passing too fast now .
Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Anyone know of a service I can hire in the landsdale pa area that I can hire to check out a vet before I buy it ??
Old 09-25-2013, 08:09 PM
hep1966
Advanced

I’ve been wanting that Corvette in Lansdale. I really like the color and it’s in my town. If I could sell a few things, then I’d consider buying it.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:24 PM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 366 Likes on 207 Posts

Hey, PM me. I am in NJ and watch CL all the time. There are freaking ton of nice C4s in the area right now for dirt.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
seamoose
Instructor

looked at a 95 this morn and a 87 . then went to a vette shop to look at a 88 .what was with chevy and paint on these cars ??The paint on my old truck looks better and it spent its whole life outside without ever being waxed or cared for ???? Anyway sitting next to the 88 which was nice except for paint (faded and pealing for 8000) was a clean red 80 stingray (10000)and I can't get that body stile out of my mind .Maybe I'll go back tomorrow !!!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:02 AM
seamoose
Instructor

Well ,after all the talk and warnings and all the cars I traveled to look at and did not buy cause I wanted something I didn't have to work on ,we could just drive with the wind in our hair .So many cars low priced that its a buyers market and I equipped myself with all the knowledge the forum had to offer .
I made the mistake of looking at a 86 white on white vert that cried out to me ! She was like a beautiful blonde in distress sitting in a garage and I threw care to the wind (along with 5500 bucks} to save her . Yes I was weak ,had a momentary lapse of reason ,still a moron after 58 yrs .As bugs would say WHAT A MAROOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is going to cost me
Well she looks damm good in the drive and that's what counts???
I have to open a thread in the help section and buy a few cases of beer and slam my head off the wall a few times .thanks for all the advice guys
Old 10-05-2013, 08:45 AM
vrone44
Instructor

What's the deal? Tell us more about the issues.

I'll correct myself as this may not be the forum for that information.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Vette in N.J.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm not in Jersey, but I'm close I live in Ne Pa near Wilkes Barre.

I am selling a 90 conv, 6 speed with FX3 the car now has 43K on it.

Yesterday I changed the tires and wheels I put on a set of 91 saw blades with 4 new tires, I did not transfer the low tire pressure sensors over to the saw blades so they are not pictured in my CL advertisement, the 90 stock wheels can go with the car or the saw blades, if you choose the saw blades I will break apart the 90 wheels and give you the sensors.

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4035451186

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4013811305

I'm selling off my 90 to buy a zo6 I have my mind set on at this time.

This is a nice running well sorted car with a hypertech chip, and 3 months of getting it right at present I'm getting 24 mpg city on 91 octane.
The sport seats air bladders are not functional nor are the bolster wings both seat adjusters work fine.

There is more work in this car than I can tell you about here, the car was in fla since it was a year old it started it journey at Kerbeck in NJ.

If you might be interested I can meet with you and discuss anything you would like to know about.

Last edited by bob guzzy; 10-05-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 AM
onefast99
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by seamoose
Well ,after all the talk and warnings and all the cars I traveled to look at and did not buy cause I wanted something I didn't have to work on ,we could just drive with the wind in our hair .So many cars low priced that its a buyers market and I equipped myself with all the knowledge the forum had to offer .
I made the mistake of looking at a 86 white on white vert that cried out to me ! She was like a beautiful blonde in distress sitting in a garage and I threw care to the wind (along with 5500 bucks} to save her . Yes I was weak ,had a momentary lapse of reason ,still a moron after 58 yrs .As bugs would say WHAT A MAROOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is going to cost me
Well she looks damm good in the drive and that's what counts???
I have to open a thread in the help section and buy a few cases of beer and slam my head off the wall a few times .thanks for all the advice guys
Here is something a caveman once told his son, "you get what you pay for" good luck with the car you now have a nice winter project, be sure to use those free shipping and 10% off specials with the local vendors!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

check out contes.com in Vineland. They have a nice selection of really clean vettes.

Quick Reply: WTB Vette in N.J.