Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

95 Blk/Blk Coupe, six speed, 77k, $11.5k

Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 PM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Default 95 Black Coupe, six speed, 77k, $11.5k, Gold Certified

$11,500 OBO ***SOLD***
1995 Corvette Coupe – approximately 77k miles
Certified Bloomington Gold
Black/Black
Six speed transmission
Standard FE1 suspension
Preferred Equipment Package:
- Driver & Passenger Power Sport Seats
- Delco Bose AM/FM/Cass/CD
- Electronic Climate Control
Bronze Tint Roof Panel

All other standard Corvette equipment, including:
Power steering, brakes, windows, and antenna
Cruise control
5.7L 350 CID 300 HP LT1 engine

This car earned Bloomington Gold Certification in 2006. From my conversations with Bloomington Gold, it appears that this was the 17th 1995 Corvette awarded Gold Certification – so there aren’t that many. The original paperwork goes with the car (if you want it).

General Condition
The paint is good for a car that spends time on the road. There are a couple of rock chips on the front, and a scratch near the driver’s door handle (I did that one – key scratch from not paying attention). The stock sawblades are in good shape, and there are no unsightly wheel weights on the outer portion of the wheels. The current tires on the car are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. The interior is in good shape, with a new console, and I replaced the upper and lower shifter boots a few years ago. I have the original floor mats stored (goes with the car), and I’m currently using some Mid America Performance Choice floor and cargo mats (black with red binding). The driver’s side seat is just beginning to show wear on the side bolster, but the rest of the leather (both sides) is in good shape. Car is equipped with sport seats, and they operate normally. The driver’s side seat does rock a bit. The radio works, and seems about what you’d expect of a Bose system in a loud car.

Repair History
Battery replaced with Autozone DuraLast (84 month warranty)
Bilstein Sport shocks
Rear brake pads
Installed lower shift boot, upper shift boot, and new console
Rear hubs and half shaft u-joints
Replaced entire fuel pump/sending unit assembly.
I replaced the original fuel injectors with Bosch units from FIC
Coolant flush & thermostat
Front brake pads

What does it need?
Weatherstripping (included)
Power antenna installation (goes up, but only comes down most of the way - new one included)

The PKE system is currently disabled. Several years ago, the doors would unlock unexpectedly, and sometimes the hatch would open. I pulled the PKE fuse and never looked back. The remotes are both transmitting (I tested them at work).

This is a driver car. It isn’t perfect, it isn’t a show queen – it’s just a very good example of a ‘get in me and drive me’ Corvette from 1995. I have enjoyed the car, and expect to miss it when someone else drives it away.

I have owned the car since February 2006.

And that brings me to the ‘why are you selling it?’ question that I always ask when I see someone with a car they’ve enjoyed on the market. As I get older (I’m almost 55 now), my wife and I find that we would rather have a newer Corvette. Since the current one is equipped with the six speed manual, my wife is much more reluctant to drive it, and she’d be happier with a C5 or C6 automatic. We can’t have both, so out with the old and in with the new!

Please let me know what questions you have.
Steven

Last edited by OldCorvetteFan; 04-19-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:47 AM
jsbwac
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Bump for a great looking C4!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:25 AM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I sold my '95 a couple of weeks ago, and located exactly what we were looking for:

Grand Sport
Crystal Red Metallic
Ebony interior (no cashmere)
Solid top
Automatic
3LT package

Added bonuses include the navigation system and the adjustable suspension. We picked the car up in Dallas Monday afternoon (14 Apr), and drove back to NW Illinois that evening and Tuesday.

We enjoyed great weather for the entire trip. We took our time, stopping frequently just for an excuse to look at the car...

The car looks great in the garage!

And it also looks great parked outside the office!

We're looking forward to many years of fun and enjoyment with this one!

Steven

Get notified of new replies

To 95 Blk/Blk Coupe, six speed, 77k, $11.5k

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 Blk/Blk Coupe, six speed, 77k, $11.5k