Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

selling my 87 "bullrun" corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Corvettron
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling my 87 "bullrun" corvette

Because of a baby coming soon, I have to sell my faithful C4. I am the second owner of the car. I bought it in 2004 and fixed it up throughout the years. Car features:
engine rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago, new heads (oem), pistons (oem), resurfaced cylinders, comp cam & lifters & high flow injectors. Intake includes big mouth air dam,
vortex rammer cold air intake, BBK throttle body, intake runners... exhaust has hookers headers & dynomax ultra flow exhaust system. Add to this a high pressure fuel regulator, high volume fuel pump, high output coil, and a reprogrammed ecu done at the Corvette Masters in Maitland, FL and you get something more "torquy & powerfull" than the original.
To put that power down ,I got rid of the 4+3 transmission and got a Keisler TKO 500 5spd instead ( $3500 value without labor...) with a fidanza aluminum flywheel. Chassis has the Z51 package with Bilstein shocks. Brakes are Baer Decelerators , tires are good 80% in the front , 60% rear.
Body isn't perfect but not bad either ,no doubts a head turner. The car was featured in Bullrun season III on the speed channel , decals and stickers come from "west coast custom"in L.A. GTO wing has been installed in the back.
Interior is where the need begins , carpet and plastic on doors and console have suffered from many summers in Orlando Florida , the digital dash isn't sunburn , tach , gas , pressure gages work great but the speedometer act "funny" ( I use GPS to know my speed). Seats have a leather custom fit cover , I unplugged the electric command for the driver seat because it was draining the battery ( brand new battery by the way...), cd player , Ac compressor works but the system has a leak somewhere and needs to be serviced.
I have receipt for all the parts and labor that i mentioned in this add.

This is a driver car , not a smooth cruiser or a garage princess , mechanically runs great and strong. I'm asking $6900 obo...
For photos check my profile.

Last edited by Corvettron; 09-06-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Corvettron
Intermediate

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4049402235.html

That's the most recent photos of it! I put it on craigslist , but ne luck so far...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 PM
VeryUnoriginal
Drifting

Oh man, if I were closer I would pick that thing up in a heartbeat! GLWS!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Corvettron
Intermediate

Corvette enthusiast understand this car and love it!
Muscle car amateur get all the work done to it...
Car dealer only see it for its kbb value...
I went to a dealer to see what kind of deal I could get on a trade , oh boy was I not impressed!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 PM
backlash1818
Heel & Toe

Default (The guy from Craigslist)

Originally Posted by Corvettron
Corvette enthusiast understand this car and love it!
Muscle car amateur get all the work done to it...
Car dealer only see it for its kbb value...
I went to a dealer to see what kind of deal I could get on a trade , oh boy was I not impressed!

Interesting that I should find you here! I was looking for a good forum to walk me through this gorgeous car and it's idiosyncrasies and this is the best one I've found so far.

Have no fear sir, I see that car for what she really is and that dealer was a damn fool! Like I said in the emails, if you still have it by the time the checks I'm waiting on clear to my account, I'll be there the day I have the money.

#NOTE#-->[I'm just learning all this so if I'm wrong about something remember I just started my Corvette obsession!]
I cannot imagine a better first car no matter how hard I try, especially for an amateur mechanic like myself. She's one of the last C4 models produced so most of the bugs from the originals have been perfected by this time (with the exception of the dash cluster) making it one of the most reliable C4s you can get, especially since it doesn't have 150k+ on the engine like all the ones I've been finding do.

If someone else comes up with the cash I'm not asking you to turn them down by any means, but I will buy it for the asking price so please save it from the low-ballers!

I've already been looking at the electronic water pump upgrade post on here, which for down here in FL you and I both know that's a good idea!

Link to the walk-through----> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...-pictures.html

I've also got a powder coating system on the way and plan on coating some of the covers in the engine orange to match the interior, and chrome powder coating as many smaller metal things I can (hose clamps, bolt heads that are visible, water pump housing, etc).

I'm also considering taking the stock rims to a chrome plating shop where I'm friends with a guy who will hopefully cut me a decent deal. I might even give him all the parts I'm considering chrome powder coating and having him do those as well if the price is crazy. A decent chrome plate is pretty cheap to begin with so it's gonna happen either way. That's about it for the exterior if it still looks almost as good as it did when all your interview pictures were taken, aside from getting any and all scratches that are visible fixed by a good body shop (still haven't found one yet, fell free to recommend me one if you know a good one!)

The interior carpet is getting replaced with this in black. {link}---> http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1984-1987.html

I'm also going to put these in the floorboards since it will be a daily driver almost. I might also get a carpet floor mat with a corvette eblem of some kind on it just to take away from the black-on-black plain look.
Link ----->http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...1984-1989.html

After that I'll be fixing the dash cluster. I'm either going to send it to a repair company, buy a freshly restored original, or upgrade it to something like this. Link -----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1989-Co...-/141178686335
and fix the speedometer issue, or just replacement it with an all-new upgrade like this.
Link-----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-1989-Co...-/141178686335
but first I'll be trying the cleaning and tune up that has a walkthrough also on this forum.

Next I'll start replacing all the plastics on the doors, dash, and center console. Or I might paint them myself if I can find the right kind of paint for that application. I'm not a bad painter and i have pretty decent gravity-fed setup in my shed.

After all that, I think she'll be pretty much as good as new. I've got a bookmark list at least 40 items long of little interior things I'll be replacing to eliminate anything that shows any sign of age.

If you've read this far then you most likely love this car as much or more than I do already, and I can promise she's going to a good home! I'll even bring it by after a large portion of that is all done if you'd like, your actually not that far from me. I think I'd be hard pressed to find someone who'd appreciate it more and I'll love the chance to show it off!

Anyways, that's enough excited babbling from me, I hope everything is going well with the baby on the way and your enjoying life!

P.S. My first car is going to be a Corvette that my parents didn't buy for me and I'm gonna be bragging about that my entire life!

Last edited by backlash1818; 02-01-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To selling my 87 "bullrun" corvette

Quick Reply: selling my 87 "bullrun" corvette