Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1996 GS Coupe w/Red Interior WANTED TO BUY

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 GS Coupe w/Red Interior WANTED TO BUY

WANTED, Looking for a 1996 Grand Sport Coupe with red interior. I am not interested in a convertible. Should be available within 200 miles of northern Indiana. If not, then seller should be willing to negotiate travel expenses or reduce the price accordingly. Looking for a Grand Sport that is in excellent condition with no body flaws or history of wrecks or damage. Mileage is not as important as condition and should be less than 75,000 miles. Willing to pay cash to a reputable seller who is willing to negotiate in good faith.

please send me your e-mail with asking price
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Will be watching this, but I am about as far south as you can get from northern Indiana unfortunately. I saw your post on the GSR too, how much are you looking to spend?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

GS 163 thanks for the quick reply.

I was not looking to spend more than $21,000 for a GS in good condition. I am looking for one that is in good condition, millage around 50,000. I am not looking for a 1,000 mile show room car.

Let me know if you have one in mind?

Last edited by awmiller1955; 02-21-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 PM
jetske
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by awmiller1955

I was not looking to spend more than $21,000 for a GS in good condition. I am looking for one that is in good condition, millage around 50,000. I am not looking for a 1,000 mile show room car.

I've been watching for this exact car for a while (coupe and red interior; the best combo!). It's on my wish list too.

Good luck to you. IMHO you're not going to find one for that price but I guess, you never know. If you do, buy 2 and I'll take one!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 AM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by jetske

I've been watching for this exact car for a while (coupe and red interior; the best combo!). It's on my wish list too.

Good luck to you. IMHO you're not going to find one for that price but I guess, you never know. If you do, buy 2 and I'll take one!

Actually I have found two at that price, one sold because of my fault and the other is in California, which is too far for me to transport it. If you want a black interior then there is about a dozen I have found in the last month for less than the $21,000.

The current price for one that I am looking for is between $19,000 - $22,000 for what I have seen I think is reasonable. Unfortunately the "bites" to my ad are for show room cars with less than 10,000 miles and the asking price is way too high, like in the upper 30's which I really doubt they will even come close to getting for it. They would be more apt to sell if they were closer to the $25,000 - $30,000 range. If they do sell for that, It will be years on the market and by then the price will keep coming down. So I think now would be a good time to sell when someone like me (and you) are willing to give cash for one now.

diehard_1955
Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 AM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Mine is not a showroom 1,000 mile car, but it is also not going to leave my garage for $21K. Good luck with the search, I know that they are out there is you are patient enough.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by GS 163
Mine is not a showroom 1,000 mile car, but it is also not going to leave my garage for $21K. Good luck with the search, I know that they are out there is you are patient enough.
I know they are out there but the criteria is pretty tight. $21k, no accidents, coupe, red interior, within 200 miles of northern Indiana, under 75k miles.

Holy crap.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

WANTED, Looking for a 1996 Grand Sport Coupe with red interior. I am not interested in a convertible. Should be available within 200 miles of northern Indiana. If not, then seller should be willing to negotiate travel expenses or reduce the price accordingly. Looking for a Grand Sport that is in excellent condition with no body flaws or history of wrecks or damage. Mileage is not as important as condition and should be less than 75,000 miles. Willing to pay cash to a reputable seller who is willing to negotiate in good faith.

please send me your e-mail with asking price
Hey all, you guys are missing my most important point highlighted in red above. When you shut me down immediately, you loose the oppertunity to be willing to negotiate and maybe come out in your favor. If you are set on one and only price, then that is not negotiating in good faith. Just keep that in mind if someone is willing to negotiate in good faith, then e-mail me.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:38 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by vetteLT193
I know they are out there but the criteria is pretty tight. $21k, no accidents, coupe, red interior, within 200 miles of northern Indiana, under 75k miles.

Holy crap.
I would strongly suggest you to go to the Grand Sport Registry and look at the going price. anything from 56,000 to 75,000 miles is going from $18,000 to $25,500, so I am not to far off. I'm actually in the middle.

But I am new to this and I am not indipendantly wealthy, so I don't have an unlimited funds to spend, so if you could help me with your insight I would really appreciate it.

How would you look for one?
Do you have some resources that I could use?

I know my search criteria is small, but I never tried to limit it, so I am open to any where in the USA. But the problem with that is the transportation costs.

I am looking for your response and help.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:42 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Thanks for your response, so if your are interested in selling and I might make an offer, what would the price be to "leave your garage"?

I hope to hear from you.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

The prices listed on the GSR are primarily for black gutted cars so the prices may be skewed some since you are narrowing your search for a red gutted car.

My car has been meticulously maintained previous to my ownership and even more so during my ownership. It is not stock however, but has been mildly and tastefully modded in my opinion with enhancements to make an already great car even better. I have all the receipts for these enhancements and anyone that has seen the car in person can attest to how nice it is. Upgrades have been well documented here and the GSR. With that said, for the car to leave my garage, I would consider offers far on the other end of the $20K spectrum that you are at.......and even then it would be a very tough decision for me to let her go.

With this said, I am not trying to start a huge debate over the price of Grand Sports or what the cars are or are not. I do not need to sell the car so I will not be letting it go easily but money does talk and everything has a price.

If there is anything specifically you want to know about my car, by all means ask, there is nothing to hide and no short cuts were taken with anything I have done to the car.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

These cars have a unique history. In short as things flushed out after the initial sales the red interior cars ended up with the true lovers of the car for the most part.

The black ones tend to be the ones you find with more miles and were driven.

The GSR pricing doesn't take into account some specific details like no accidents, interior color, condition, location.

I have wanted one of these since they were brand new and have been looking.... Almost bought a black gutted one today but it got snagged before I got to it. I had a collector edition LT4/ red interior/ z51 for a while thinking it would fill the void.... It didn't

My opinion is your price is a good 5k light if not more. If I were in your shoes I'd try to low ball the Chicago one at 25 and see if they bite.

Another option is to buy a black one and swap seat covers. Save the originals for later... Then your price point is fine. That is my plan for now, the red ones are needles in a haystack and hard to find owners who see them as cars. Red owners see them as awesome and won't let them go
Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

It is not stock however, but has been mildly and tastefully modded in my opinion with enhancements to make an already great car even better.

.......and even then it would be a very tough decision for me to let her go.

I do not need to sell the car so I will not be letting it go easily
Thanks for for your honest response, but I am definately not interested in buying a car that has been changed from stock as much as you have stated whether good or bad.

Plus, I don't think your really want to sell, so with that said, I am not interested. I wish you luck but you you should keep your car and not even entertain the thought of letting it go for no matter what someone would offer you because I think you would regret it for the rest of your life.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by vetteLT193
The GSR pricing doesn't take into account some specific details like no accidents, interior color, condition, location. <-But it is a good picture for what they are going for

My opinion is your price is a good 5k light if not more. If I were in your shoes I'd try to low ball the Chicago one at 25 and see if they bite. <-Good advice
Thanks for your insight
Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 AM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

No worries, I don't really want to sell, but have been itching for something different and like I said, everything is for sale. Just keep looking, you'll find what you're looking for, I hunted for three years to find #163 and almost settled numerous times during that hunt.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Hey guys, I know there is someone out there with a GS and red interior that has had their car sitting around now for years and have been wanting to sell it. Let me know if you are ready to sell it at a resonable price?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Not mine but I saw it on a Corvette for sale listing. Would not hurt to give hime a call:
http://corvettetrader.com/ads/1996co...eorgia4845.htm

Get notified of new replies

To 1996 GS Coupe w/Red Interior WANTED TO BUY

Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
Not mine but I saw it on a Corvette for sale listing. Would not hurt to give hime a call:
http://corvettetrader.com/ads/1996co...eorgia4845.htm
Hey thanks the heads up, I looked at the car and it is sweet and I will give them an oppertunity to sell it if they want. It is very low millage and a little more money than I want to spend (and what I think it's worth in todays market)

It scares me to see that low millage. I have a 1994 Trans AM GTA with 56,000 miles and I didn't drive it for about 6 years and it took me a while to get it back to running condition. I really think you need to get a car out awhile to run it to keep it from getting dry rot, and other problems, unless you keep it in a climate controlled building and start and run it every 6 months. Problem is can you take the person who is selling it at their word they "excersized" the car on a regular intervall?

thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Daniel_Mc
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

It scares me to see that low millage. I have a 1994 Trans AM GTA with 56,000 miles and I didn't drive it for about 6 years and it took me a while to get it back to running condition. I really think you need to get a car out awhile to run it to keep it from getting dry rot, and other problems, unless you keep it in a climate controlled building and start and run it every 6 months. Problem is can you take the person who is selling it at their word they "excersized" the car on a regular intervall?

thanks
I have a GS with the options you are looking for but my bottom dollar is over double what you are looking to spend. I will just say be patient and the right car will come along. In our GS’s case we have a log of each and every time the car has been cranked over the 11 years that we have owned it. Also all receipts including fuel and any other documentation that goes along with it. The car is stored in a climate controlled garage at 72 degrees year around so it will not have those issues. The GS has also never given us any problems. It fires right up every time and runs just fine. Currently has 7.5K miles and we have put about 800 of those on the car. Point being the cars are out there and I would not be afraid of low mileage.

Daniel
Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 PM
awmiller1955
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Daniel_Mc
I have a GS with the options you are looking for but my bottom dollar is over double what you are looking to spend. I will just say be patient and the right car will come along. In our GS’s case we have a log of each and every time the car has been cranked over the 11 years that we have owned it. Also all receipts including fuel and any other documentation that goes along with it. The car is stored in a climate controlled garage at 72 degrees year around so it will not have those issues. The GS has also never given us any problems. It fires right up every time and runs just fine. Currently has 7.5K miles and we have put about 800 of those on the car. Point being the cars are out there and I would not be afraid of low mileage.

Daniel
I appreciate your comments but,I placed the ad to look for a red interior with a little high millage so I didn’t want a “Show Room Car”. I want to drive the car a couple hundred miles a year so I’m looking for a car that some call a “driver”. Unfortunately I have been getting responses from people like you that have a “Show Room Car” like yours. I don’t want a “Show Room Car”. I have seen a couple that are higher millage around the $21,000 that I am willing to pay, so I am hoping I can find someone that has what I am looking for for what I am willing to pay.

I am looking for a GS that a person is wanting to sell who is ready and willing.

Last edited by awmiller1955; 03-09-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 1996 GS Coupe w/Red Interior WANTED TO BUY