Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe....

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 01:34 PM
rafzz4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe....

Car is sold.

Moderator please delete this post....

[Modified by rafzz4, 2:30 PM 5/29/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 05:33 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe.... (rafzz4)

That's cool! Hopefully it will jump up a little more at least. Yeah, people like to wait until the last few seconds to "snipe" bid. ;)
Old 05-28-2002, 06:07 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe.... (VetteBabe1)

That's cool! Hopefully it will jump up a little more at least. Yeah, people like to wait until the last few seconds to "snipe" bid. ;)
you don't do that, do you jenn :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-28-2002, 06:28 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Default Re: 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe.... (96 Collector Edition)

I most certainly do! How else can you be sure you will win? I bid within the last 2-3 seconds, but you have to be careful to bid enough, or else you have no time to go back and bid more. I have lost a couple things that way. So it has its advantages and disadvantages. ;) Nothing illegal about it! :D
Old 05-28-2002, 06:35 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

I most certainly do! How else can you be sure you will win? I bid within the last 2-3 seconds, but you have to be careful to bid enough, or else you have no time to go back and bid more. I have lost a couple things that way. So it has its advantages and disadvantages. ;) Nothing illegal about it! :D
Well, the easiest way to AVOID sniper bidding is to make your first bid the MOST you are willing to pay for the item.....then let ebay do your bidding for you....otherwise, you have to be watching all the items you are bidding on. :seeya

Plus, sniper bidders DO tend to p*ss people off...... :cheers:
Old 05-28-2002, 06:59 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Default Re: 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe.... (96 Collector Edition)

I know it ticks people off but hey, if I really want it, I will sit there till the last second and watch it. Anyone can do it, it's not like I am doing something no one else does. I have been beat before at my own game. You just have to be good at it! Heck, on the internet you can get software that will bid for you at the last second. :eek: That's a little overkill. I have done that enter your high bid thing, but that gives people too much time to keep bidding and they'll figure out what your top number was and just pass it. Have never had good luck that way. There is nothing on ebay that says you can't do it, it just requires a bit of practice, that's all! Usually good for the seller because they get more for their item than they think they're going to in the last few minutes :).
Old 05-28-2002, 07:40 PM
rafzz4
Instructor

Looks like I started a good thread here :lol:

I know when I sold my 86 there were 2 snipers at the end. But after the auction the person that was bidding consistantly offered me $1000 above what the closing sniper bid was, so I took it of course. So Snipers do not always get what they want, even if they win the auction.

Old 05-28-2002, 08:59 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Isn't it against Ebay policy for you to sell the item to someone else after the auction is over and they've won? I know if they decline it's ok but I would think the winning bidder could take some sort of recourse if it got sold from underneath them. The bid is supposed to be a binding contract right? I have almost always won when I have sniped. If I don't really want the item that bad I'll throw up my top dollar and forget about it. If I win, cool...if I don't, oh well. :) Hope you get some people battling on your car to make top dollar! People will pay more than they intend to when the get into bidding wars. :cool:
Old 05-28-2002, 10:31 PM
SlowJoe
Melting Slicks

No flame intended, but to me, unless your reserve price wasn't met, selling something from under the winning bidder doesn't say a lot for a persons integrity.
Nothing wrong with sniping either. It's in the sellers favor. I'm sure theres not too many sellers who get upset about getting a little more at the last minute.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:43 PM
rafzz4
Instructor

Did I mention the sniper was one of those fake bidders? What really happened was the person that was serious about the car would have bid that if they had the chance.

[Modified by rafzz4, 9:46 PM 5/28/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 11:25 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

AAAAHH ok, well you win some you lose some. It all works out in the end. ;)
Old 05-29-2002, 10:26 AM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

I know it ticks people off but hey, if I really want it, I will sit there till the last second and watch it. Anyone can do it, it's not like I am doing something no one else does. I have been beat before at my own game. You just have to be good at it! Heck, on the internet you can get software that will bid for you at the last second. :eek: That's a little overkill. I have done that enter your high bid thing, but that gives people too much time to keep bidding and they'll figure out what your top number was and just pass it. Have never had good luck that way. There is nothing on ebay that says you can't do it, it just requires a bit of practice, that's all! Usually good for the seller because they get more for their item than they think they're going to in the last few minutes :).

You missed the point here, Jenn. If you first bid the max you are willing to pay, you don't HAVE to watch at all.....that way you cannot get caught up in last minute sniping and cannot pay more than you wish. :seeya
Old 05-29-2002, 11:58 AM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

To me Ebay is a game, an art of when to bid. I usually bid within the last few minutes of an auction unless I can't be at my computer. I usually don't wait till 3 or 4 seconds are left, though. I find that if I bid the most that I want to pay early, a lot times a less serious bidders will bid me up or out bid me just to be the high bidder. Usually at the end of an auction is when the serious bidders come out.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:52 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Default Re: 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe.... (dgoodhue)

If you put your max up a day early someone will bid until they reach it. I just bid my max in the last 2 seconds or so and then I don't pay more than I would have otherwise. Actually I usually pay less. This is because not seeing my bid may lull the others into a sense of security, whoever has the top bid. I have never had good luck bidding ahead of time, even 30 minutes ahead of time. Dgoodhue is right all around....the big time bidders watch it for the last few minutes and bid at the last second!

[Modified by VetteBabe1, 1:55 PM 5/29/2002]
Old 05-29-2002, 03:12 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

If you put your max up a day early someone will bid until they reach it.

[Modified by VetteBabe1, 1:55 PM 5/29/2002]
Well, yes, they might, but so what? If you bid the MOST you want to pay, who cares if someone outbids you anyway? :seeya
Old 05-29-2002, 03:19 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Well from my experience, you WILL get outbid if you put your bid up early. Someone will just outbid you to return to being the high bidder. If I wait until the last minute, I have a much better chance of getting the item. If I don't really want it, I'll put up my top number and walk away. But if I am dying for it, I'll wait till the last second to ensure that I get it! :D
Old 05-29-2002, 03:28 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Well from my experience, you WILL get outbid if you put your bid up early. Someone will just outbid you to return to being the high bidder. If I wait until the last minute, I have a much better chance of getting the item. If I don't really want it, I'll put up my top number and walk away. But if I am dying for it, I'll wait till the last second to ensure that I get it! :D
Let me try this one more time......if you bid THE MOST YOU ARE WILLING TO SPEND and you get outbid, what difference does it make? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Get notified of new replies

To 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe....

Old 05-29-2002, 04:33 PM
VetteBabe1
Safety Car

Ok, I know, I see your point. What I am meaning to say is, when you bid, other people will outbid you just to be the high bidder. So if I put up my highest bid a day ahead of time, I will surely get outbid, unless it's ridiculously high and people give up trying to outbid me (which defeats the purpose of trying to get the item for as cheap as possibly). But, if I wait until the last second, chances of me getting the item for less are great and getting outbid is very minimal. If I bid at the last second and my bid is not high enough so be it. Sometimes if a bidder realizes they are not going to outbid you, they'll keep bidding the item up so you end up paying more. That is another reason I wait, so they have no chance to do this. I am trying to not confuse you or myself for that matter! :D
Old 05-29-2002, 04:43 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Jenn..have you ever bid higher JUST to be the high bidder? :crazy: I mean when I bid on something and ebay comes back and says I have been outbid, I only bid higher IF I REALLY WANT THE ITEM :yesnod: I have found the easiest way to handle this is to out in my maximum bid and let nature take its course......but hey, if you want to sit in front of the computer and bid in the last seconds, have at it baby! :cheers:
Old 05-29-2002, 05:02 PM
dgoodhue
Safety Car

Well, yes, they might, but so what? If you bid the MOST you want to pay, who cares if someone outbids you anyway?
Some of the stuff that I bid on, I actually want...

Quick Reply: 1 Day Left on Ebay on my 87 6 speed coupe....