Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

BMW 7 Series For Possible Trade

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Mitsumark
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Default BMW 7 Series For Possible Trade

Ok fellas..All of us car enthusiests seem to be in the same boat..We are having a difficult time trying to get the price we want to make us walk away feeling satisfied.Regardless of brand..From what Im reading on alot of forums,it seems trades are becoming quite popular to get into what you want.Below is an ad I placed with the locals here in NJ..What Im looking for is a very clean 92-96 C4 or C5 Vette.Car must also be a 6spd..Im looking for the basic Black,White,Red,Silver colors.No off colors like Teal,Purple,ect..Tastefull mods are also very welcomed.If there is any interest here,please shoot me a PM..Thanks.

Up for sale is my beautiful 2000 BMW 740I (E38) .I will describe the car to the best of my ability..If there are any unanswered questions after,,Feel free to ask..A bit about the BMW..Its a 2000 BMW 740I(E38)with a very low 78K on it..It is the very rare Alpine White with tan leather interior..When I bought this car I traveled all the way to Mississippi to purchase it from the original owner...I did so because every 7 series I looked at in NJ was either Silver or Black and beat up with well over 100k.Alpine White E38s are very rare.E38s are also regarded by many within the BMW community as the most desirable 7 series to date..It boasted a 80k price tag when it was new in 2000..Since Ive owned it,Ive done a ton of maintanence and very desirable upgrades.It is very hard to find an E38 in this condition with all the extras.The car comes with a squeaky clean Carfax and was never involved in any accidents.All work mentioned below was done by me and I have all the receipts proving the work so it is not heresay..It has all been done within the last 6 months.

-The body on this car is in awesome shape for its age..There are no visible dents,scratches,or rust anywhere..The car wears the original Alpine White factory paint with the exception of the lower ground effects sections.They were Black from the factory,but I had them painted Alpine White to match the body color...The paint shines brightly as this is a southern car and never driven in foul weather.It is washed and waxed regularly and has no visible wear..I've installed an Alpina lower chin spoiler for a more aggressive look..I've also installed a brand new set of Umnitza Orion V2 LED Angel eyes.The best kit available for BMWs..Headlight bulbs were also upgraded with 6000K Xenons and new Bosch lenses were installed..The car sits on the very desired BMW M-Parallel staggered sport rims.They are wrapped with a brand new set of super wide 285 ZR rated Dunlops in the rear.The fronts were also upgraded to wider 255s.The bigger tires give the car much better handling and a much more aggressive look.The car is lowered 2 inches all around with H&R springs and brand new KYB GR2 shocks..Every single part of the front suspension has been replaced using a Meyle HD 10pc suspension kit(inner & outter tie rods,center link,,ball joints,control arms,sway bar links,and bushings)The front & rear strut mounts were also replaced with new BMW units.The front & rear brakes were replaced with Zimmerman crossed drilled rotors and Napa ceramic pads..There are no shakes or shimmies and it drives straight..100mph feels like 70..

Interior-Just Like the exterior,,the inside is in great shape also..The tan leather is soft and has very minimal wear..All power option work..Telescopic steering wheel,power sunshades,all windows,sunroof,seats,ect are all functioning properly..The factory navigation was just upgraded with a genuine 2012 BMW disc and works flawlessly.A/C is ice cold and works as it should..The only negative on the interior is the glove box handle is broken..Very common on E38s..The factory radio works awesome as I installed a Dice media bridge system that allows you to hook up any kind of Apple accessory in the vehicle for MP3 and Bluetooth capabilities.It works in sync with the factory radio and steering wheel controls..The sound system is incredible as it was upgraded with a 1000w Soundstream amplifier pushing 2 Rockford Fosgate 12s in the trunk.The factory subwoofer shelf was removed to allow clean sound passage from the trunk..It hits hard and sounds clean.

Mechanical--With the very low 78,000 miles,,The engine & trans work flawlessly..The car has been run on Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since new..I just did a full trans service that includes dropping the pan and replacing the filter with a genuine BMW factory unit..The stock fluid was fully flushed using a BG exchanger machine and filled with Amsoil Universal full synthetic fluid..The cooling system on the car was just fully drained,flushed,and refilled with genuine BMW Blue coolant..A brand new Behr radiator expansion tank was also installed at the same time.All power steering lines were just replaced with genuine BMW parts..That includes all 4 lines and the resovoir.Leaky PS lines are common on these vehicles around 80k so that is another thing taken care of that you don't have to worry about.I just installed a brand new huge Duralast battery so there are no issues with the charging system.A brand new Bosch Mass Air Sensor was also installed.There are no warning lights lit,and all services are up to date..The powerful M62tu V8 in these cars are known to last well past 200k with proper maintenance..It runs great and a PPI is welcomed and encouraged.

Again,if there is anything I didn't mention,just ask..Alot of money and time was put into this car and I would feel confident in saying it is probably the nicest well sorted E38 in my area..Most of the hard work was already taken care of..Along with all the extras..Price is set at $13,000 Firm or a trade for a clean 92-96 C4-C5 6spd Corvette..Interested parties can e-mail me through this link ..Questions are welcomed but I will not respond to any serious buyer that does not include a phone number.Thanks for looking..Pics coming below.

Last edited by Mitsumark; 08-09-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice ride

Wasnt this the one for sale couple months back on these forums.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Mitsumark
Instructor

Yep..Same sale or trade..Done a ton of work since then too..
Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Mitsumark
Instructor

Bump..Just installed a full catless exhaust..Also installed a set of "mini cats" to eliminate any chance of throwing a CEL light..Drove on a 3hr trip this past weekend doing 100+ most of the way without a single hiccup..Still questing after that special C4...
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck...Im selling my 7 series and am having no luck... Only asking $6500 & no biyes...Im Trying to sell 3 of my cars & buy one really nice car! seems like there is no money out there unless you are financing.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Mitsumark
Instructor

I turned down $11.5 on it yesterday..I probably would of let it ride for an even 12..I've seen these cars going for 12-14k with similar mileage,upgrades,and maintanence..There are dozens of them in the 8-10k range but they are all have over 100k on them in fair-good condition with no repair history.It's hard to believe this car came with a 80k sticker just 12 yrs ago..It's sad...You are right though..Noboby has any actual cash..The ones that do are holding onto it.

Get notified of new replies

To BMW 7 Series For Possible Trade

Quick Reply: BMW 7 Series For Possible Trade