Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

'91 6sp 58k 412ci - $8500

Old 08-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Draven
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default '91 6sp 58k 412ci - $8500

SOLD

9/3/11 - I will accept SOLD until the car I'm trying to buy is no longer available.

I'm posting my project car up for sale. I've owned the car for 7 years and I'm ready for a new project. There is a lot to this car, so bare with me. I have receipts for just about everything in this car.

The story: I bought the car in '04 with 33k original miles on it. It came with a salvage title, as a theft recovery in 1991. Someone stole it and took most of the interior, seats, etc. This can be verified via Carfax. When I bought it, I had my mechanic go through the car and he verified that everything looked good, no accidents, clean car. I started modding in '05. I went with the stock bottom end and a cam-heads-intake-exhaust package. Car dynoed at 290rwhp, 330rwtq on a mustang dyno. In '06, I broke a rocker stud, which caused some damage to my stock 350 heads. I did a compression test, and found one cylinder down significantly. I'd driven the 350 untuned for a while, and it likely flooded one cylinder. I decided to build a 383 and began pricing out options. My builder/mechanic called me when he happened across the 412 the car has now. It came out of a '68 Camaro running 11.2s at 121. He wanted to go big block for his car, so he wanted to sell his SB. Motor had about 20 passes on it before I bought it. I dropped it into the car at about 46k miles, and it's been running flawless for 12k since it's been in there. He had it dynoed with a different cam and a carb at 470rwhp in his Camaro. I put a roller cam and fuel injected it. He was running shortie headsers on it where I have Hooker longtubes. Overall, I'd expect about the same RWHP, and this car is 3-400lb lighter than that Camaro. I haven't had the current motor config dynoed, nor has it gone down the track so in all honesty this is speculation.

The car is very loud, very fast, and attention getting. Ron's Toy Shop in Manchester, NH just had the car for a clutch issue and they replaced the slave cylinder. The mechanic laughed that he was surprised the attention the car got, and how quick it was when he test drove the car after the install.

Exterior is a 7 of 10. Paint is glossy, but has lots of swirls, few rock chips, and a couple of scrapes. It's mostly stock paint on a 60k/mi 20 year old car. Looks great for the age, but definitely not a show car.
Interior is a 6 of 10. The carpet has wear spots, the driver seat under the cover has the typical C4 bolster wear. Most people don't realize the seat has a cover on it though, they look like factory seats. The rear hatch stereo area should be addressed, but it's in and functional and sounds good.

Engine:
'73 400SB bored 60 over (412).
Forged bottom end
Brodix Track 11 heads
Comp Cam
Holly Stealth Ram intake

Exhaust:
Ceramic coated Hooker 2151s
3" exhaust all the way
Custom Y pipe, back through Magnaflow exhaust

Drivetrain:
Stock ZF6 6sp
Stock gearing (3.33s)
Hurst short-throw shifter
RAM Technologies clutch w/ brand new slave cyl

Wheels:
Front: 17x9.5 grandsport wheels with Nitto 450s on them (50% tread).
Back: 17x11 grandsport wheels with Nitto 555 DRs on them (50% tread).

The rear tires go quickly as it's a street legal drag radial. They terrible in rain, and although I street drive the car, I watch the forecasts and never have it out during rain.

Suspension:
KYB AGXs all around
(Not installed) R&D Cross brace

Brakes:
Drilled slotted rotors
Hawk HPS+ pads (90% remaining)
stock calipers

Interior:
Select red bits swapped with black ones for a less-red red interior
Custom seat covers, black.

Stereo:
CDT 2-way components front
MB Quartz mids back
Elemental Designs e12.o sub
Elemental Designs NINe.5 amp powering it all.
Stereo sounds good, but the box needs to be carpeted and the stereo tuned.

Known issues:
Power door locks don't work. Both actuators in the doors need to be replaced. I've just dealt with it as the car is very narrow and easy to lock/unlock by hand.
Passenger side headlight assembly is missing a small bearing. It makes the light on the passenger side not open on the first turn. Switching it off and on quickly makes it complete the rotation. This is a $5 fix if you can source the bearing. I've been in touch with Corvette junk yards to get one, and am waiting on a call back on it.
Head unit for stereo stock has a dimmer switch, which the aftermarket one doesn't account for. The solution is a resister in the dimmer switch wiring that makes it think it sees the correct resistance. Without it, you get a flashing "SYS" light on the dash. It doesn't hinder anything besides being annoying, so I've ignored it.
Weatherstripping is getting old, should be replaced. Common wear item for C4s, and the replacement cost is about $300 online.

That's the basics. I'm more than happy to answer any questions about the car, as well as negotiate on price. I will only allow test drives with cash in hand. Otherwise, I will provide a ride-along in the car to demonstrate the car and it's abilities.

The builder I alluded to is also a respected C4 community member here on CF, I'm hoping he will be willing to chime in with more specifics for me as well as correct any inaccuracies, as I did this post from memory.

Pics:

Last edited by Draven; 09-09-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Bump. It occured to me that the centerpiece of this car really is the motor, so I will post a few motor pics later today if I have time after work.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

This is the ticket for a person new to vettes that wants performance with out doubling the investment or more in parts an future labor. Nice car great price.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 PM
USAFPILOT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like some traction enhancing stereo weight!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by pologreen1
This is the ticket for a person new to vettes that wants performance with out doubling the investment or more in parts an future labor. Nice car great price.
Thanks! This would be a fantastic strip/track car if someone wanted one with a solid chasis/motor. I just had the car inspected and am street driving it right now though.

Originally Posted by USAFPILOT
looks like some traction enhancing stereo weight!
Better than sandbags!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:03 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

can't believe you are finally selling the car.....

goodluck bud!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

I broke the flash on my camera and the external flash isn't cutting it. This was the best picture of the 8 I took. I'll pull the car out of the garage and take more this week after we deal with the hurricane.

Last edited by Draven; 08-27-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
can't believe you are finally selling the car.....

goodluck bud!
It's time for a new toy and project. I had a BMW 335i convertible for a year and a half and that really kept my interest better. Much better daily driver, obviously, and I'm looking for a project that will be both a driver and a project now.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

So, I've found my next car, so for the next 2 weeks, I will be extra flexible on price while that car is available as it is particularly hard to find the new car with the colors/options combination that I want.

So, someone get a rocking deal on a fantastic fast C4 for short money and make it an autocross star.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

I'd like to move this car onto a new owner this week, therefor, I will accept $6000 firm until my (hopefully) new car is no longer available. If the car I'm watching does sell, I will wait until Spring, yank the stereo, and clean up the rear hatch area which should make this car go very quickly.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:25 AM
MR.LT1
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
I will accept $6000 firm
WOW!! Someone please jump on this doesn't get any better for a mean looking car.....
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by MR.LT1
WOW!! Someone please jump on this doesn't get any better for a mean looking car.....
I expect the car to be sold this week given the price drop.. A member from Kentucky is hoping to fly up after Tuesday when his car sells.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Car is tentatively sold pending payment and shipping arrangements.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM
MR.LT1
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

did u have to sell it for the ballpark of $6k?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Draven
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
did u have to sell it for the ballpark of $6k?
Car was sold in that pricerange, yep. However, I had a few higher offers and I was rather selective on choosing who to sell it to based on the future owner's requirements, their technical abilities, and the car's intended use. The new owner matched all the criteria I wanted in the new owner very well.

I've had this car 7 years, and I have a lot of time, effort, money, and energy into it. If I was going to sell it, I wanted it to the "right" person and I was willing to take less money to do so.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:27 PM
thefastlife
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the car and is everything he said it would be! Thanks for being a stand up guy and making this an easy and enjoyable transaction.

Get notified of new replies

To '91 6sp 58k 412ci - $8500

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '91 6sp 58k 412ci - $8500