Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

FS: '88 low miles (long description)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:34 AM
corvette_bob
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default FS: '88 low miles GOT PICS NOW! (long description)

Newer pics in #6 Pics added and in post #3

After 33 years of driving Corvettes, I'm almost sorry that it's time for me to sell the Vette and move on. I've owned it since 1994 and still love driving it, but there are other automotive experiences I want to achieve and need the money from the Vette to do so.

1988 Z51 Coupe, blue tinted top only. The car is red on red and has 26,7xx miles. It is a 4+3 manual with sport seats, tilt, etc...
New maintenance items are as follows;
New IAC and cleanout of throttle body. The old iac was stuck.

Last fall it got an A/C changeover to 134a along with a new compressor and accumulator. It works great.

About two weeks ago I did the headlight bushing repair.

The car has ZR1 amolds on it in the ZR1 width and offset. I didn't know about the collector/GS offset when I bought the wheels, but I get ALOT of compliments on my wheels. The tires are Bridgestone RE71's.
It's now an older tire, but they have plenty of tread left on them. The car is properly stored in the winter with the tires resting on soft styrofoam insulation to prevent flatspotting.

The engine is stock, but I do have a LPE superram base and pizza box on it. The ninth injector has been removed by using the appropriate fuel rails to do so.

I have also added headers to this car. They are coated Vette-Tech headers. They fit very well. I am a machinist and also made the necessary bracket support rods for the A/C and the air pump. The headers are 49 state legal and work very well. I was one of the guys that bought them a couple years ago and put them on myself. It took me a very long time to do it, but that was mostly because I didn't feel the need to rush thru it. They are hooked to a Y-pipe made locally, and then thru a stock replacement cat and on thru a Flowmaster Y and muff setup that was also stock sized and sounds great with the headers. From what I can tell there is no longer ANY drone from the exhaust system.

I also have the performance pullies I bought thru TPIS on it (never had the frisbee).

It also has one of the TPIS "Airforce" intakes on it, with a K&N filter. The maf is descreened (I still have them if you want them). Also, there is the all important throttle body gizmo that smoothes the incoming airflow to create, "up to", a gazillion more horsepower.

The throttle body bypass has been done.

It does have an aluminum adjustable fuel pressure regulator, I think it's a TPIS part as well. I have a TPIS chip for it, but it's made for a car that still has stock intake/exhaust. It's not in, but goes with the car. I still have the stock intake base/plenum/runners and they along with the stock exhaust manifolds go with the car.

The paint is still in great shape, and the interior is pretty darned good with the only flaw being the drivers upper and lower bolster showing wear from my big butt getting in/out of the car. Also, the upper trim strip on each door panel needs replacement. Depending upon the agreement we come to, I'll probably buy the new owner some brand new ones to go with it. A couple of the screw holes on dash panels have a bit of customary cracking. Other wise the carpet is OEM and near spotless. When I got the car I immediately got some "weather boots" for each footwell and a cargo mat in back.

I've never taken the car to the track, and after my previous (C3) Vette blew a half shaft and took out the suspension, I've been a little wary of beating on the car, so as a result, It's not been abused. The OEM clutch is working just fine.

For those who are wondering about the mods, I'd rather sell the car with the mods on it, but if it comes to it, I may remove them to sell. We'll see about that when the time comes. You'll get a better deal if I don't have to take them off.

And now the big question, "How much?"

I'm asking $12,000 for it. The car is in Dayton, Ohio, and a delivery point may be workable.

I know you guys like pics, but I've forgotten how to post them, and I also need to take some that are more up to date. Once I get the pics(prolly Monday, 5-31-10) I'd be very apreciative if someone could help me out by posting them.

Last edited by corvette_bob; 06-20-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: pics added
Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 AM
corvette_bob
Drifting

TTT

I now have pics, but I still can't figure out how to get them on here.

Last edited by corvette_bob; 06-10-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:41 AM
corvette_bob
Drifting

Ok, I figgered out the pic thing,(I think)

Whaddya think?

Last edited by corvette_bob; 06-10-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

The interior looks pretty nice and clean. Love the engine too!

Good luck with the sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
corvette_bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
The interior looks pretty nice and clean. Love the engine too!

Good luck with the sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! I can probably deliver to Indiana!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:02 AM
corvette_bob
Drifting

New pics. To the moderators, sorry if the sixe is too big, I'm just not up on this stuff to know how to take and upload pics in any certain size.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:51 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

bump.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:53 PM
irokcj5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you still have the car? Any paint, mechanical, or electrical issues I would need to take care of? Are the tires cracking? How old are they?
Thanks.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

I believe Bob still has the car. FYI. He is a great guy, and loves his 88.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:51 PM
corvette_bob
Drifting

IROKcj5 asked...
Do you still have the car? Any paint, mechanical, or electrical issues I would need to take care of? Are the tires cracking? How old are they?

There are no paint issues with the car. I don't know of any mechanical issues that are needed. The tires are older, but the car has spent less than ten nights outside overnight since I bought it. I keep my Corvette in the garage ALWAYS. I don't see any cracking issues or other age-related issues with the tires. They have a pretty good amount of tread. In the off season, I place styrofoam pads beneath the tires to avoid flat-spotting.
If you're still interested, let me know!

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
I believe Bob still has the car. FYI. He is a great guy, and loves his 88.
Thanks for the kind words, Rick! you're right, I really love that car.

Last edited by corvette_bob; 10-20-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 PM
corvette_bob
Drifting

ttt
Old 11-15-2010, 02:39 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

One of the cleanest '88's I've EVER seen! Good luck with the sale Bob. She's beautiful.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:54 PM
corvette_bob
Drifting

Thanks for the compliment, I hate to do it, but it needs to go if I'm gonna get on with other things.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: '88 low miles (long description)

Quick Reply: FS: '88 low miles (long description)