Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 05:06 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice!

You will be totally unique with this Corvette at a great price! Car features many upgraded and custom parts, as you will see below. Selling only due to getting a C5. Would love to make a great deal with someone on the forum.

Car Fax shows a Clean Vehicle History Report and Clean title with $5000 Guarantee.

The car also had several factory options such as performance ratio rear gears and Electronic Climate control. The rear bumper has been updated to 91-92 and up style for a cleaner look. Non Vette People think its a ZR-1!

Brake System:

This car is equipped with ABS, and works well. This was taken a step further with Baer rotors all the way around, and Baer Calipers and SS brake lines fit up front. Will stop on the dime, and gets stares all the time as well. The vette also has new aluminum master cylinder and reservoir bottles.

The L98 Engine:

Solid engine with many new components, seals, belts, exhaust, battery, ignition, starter and more. Burns no oil, never smokes! Not even on start up! Compression when I last checked less than 7 months ago was about 180 to 175 between cylinders, no large variants between cylinders. SAE Mech was shocked! Car should put out around 315+ HP as it will easily pull mid 13’s on huge 18x10” street tires and massive breaks. It out runs stock LT1 Corvettes without sweating, and has even given a few LS1 F-bodies more than a run for their money, being able to pull on them as well. Only been to the track 3 times, never abused. Car still has so much more potential if your about speed and is stock internally. Keep in mind this is a much easier to work on engine than LT1’s and up.

The 700R4 A4:

New Tranny, broken in and then flushed again with Amsoil, less than 2000 Miles. 2800 stall and other performance upgrades, kicks hard at WOT even from a roll! Shifts Great! Done by a local shop that also has a contract with the US Marshals, and you know how they treat their Trannys, so they build tuff as they guarantee their work!

Sound System:

Alpine CD Player, V12 Amp, Boston Premium Speakers all the way around and 10” Sub with reflex, Boston Pro Competition series. Top still fits, and still has room for your weekend stuff.

Interior:

New carpeting, Cobeau seats with white lettering on head rest, Arizona Speed and Marine harness/Cross bar with roll hoops and more. Very clean as you can see here and above in the stereo shot, and I didn’t even vacuum before the photo :D

Summary of New items (less than a year) include:

Battery (orbital/same as optima)
KYB Shocks
Starter
Transmission
Torque Converter
Wheels
Great looking Baer Break Kit
Master Cylinder
Yokahama AVS tires
Catalytic converter
Cat Back exhaust
Belts
Pullies
Throttle Body
Plug wires

Can’t remember the rest, but hey …I have 10K in receipts with the car you will get that has much more.

Extra Parts Also included if wanted: Original Wheels (use for race tires, or sell), Original Seats (could be recovered, leather was cracked, can sell or be used in the car if you prefer), and have the smog pump and all original brackets and such.

WHAT THE CAR NEEDS:

Just A Driver that will love it.
The car really doesn't NEED anything. Has always been mechanically solid.

Currently being worked on:

Replacing the Factory Electronic Climate control that is faulty with a new electronic unit. AC has already been refilled, and the system, as well as heater and blower motor have already been checked out and are in top shape. Before the car goes, this entire system should work great for those climate days in a BLACK car. Will also perfrome another oil change and tune up next week.

SO WHAT DO I WANT?

The Car itself has about 150K miles on it, however as you must have noticed by now, all items that wear have been upgraded, repaired or replaced, even little things like the headlight motors, and is much better than most with less than half those miles!

I’m Taking ANY reasonable Offers Right Now. Go ahead and make one if your interested in the car. I will consider fresh coat of black paint done right if we agree to a price of about $11,500 for the car to promise an exterior look even much better than all you have seen so far. But again, right now, looking for offers. Located in far west Texas. Will try to sell in local market soon.

[Modified by TexCorvette, 5:17 AM 3/20/2002]
Old 02-28-2002, 05:30 PM
MattS4313
Racer

Default Re: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice! (TexCorvette)

This looks like a great car. The miles are too high for that price in this market. Where in texas are you? im located in Austin, mabey i can manage to come take a look (if the price is negotiable).
thanks,
matt smith
matts4313@yahoo.com
Old 02-28-2002, 08:59 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice! (MattS4313)

Does "EP" = El Paso?
Old 03-01-2002, 11:43 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice! (SharkAttack)

It is in El Paso. Also, I did note I was taking offers and that you could throw one out for me to consider. I was just saying if someone really liked the car, I could have the exterior look brand new for that asking price and it would be one really sweet C4! The car has 95% of its scuffs and sratched around the rear hatch area, and the paint job would get this car in Chevy High Perfromance :D

The miles are a bit high, but the car is 90% new, so anything miles could ware on, say...a tranny for example, is new with less than 2000 miles! It also shows the car has worked well in over 12 years of service, not just sitting somewhere. Again, the parts alone are at over 10K, and I can work on the price for a forum member, or try to sell it in my local market next week.

[Modified by TexCorvette, 10:53 AM 3/1/2002]
Old 03-02-2002, 08:09 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice! (TexCorvette)

Updates:
I've had a mechanic check over the car the past two days just to confirm all is well, and will do the same with the dealer this weekend, as well as an oil change and lube all the bushings. Even emlinated two common c4 interior squeaks.

Here is the Sig, as I removed it from my new one to shorten it:

-Performance: Vortex Ram Air, 52MM TB, Smog pump Elim. Pulley, Mach Pulley set, Ed Wright Chip, Pre-cats elim., CatCo Highflow converter, dynomax cat back, rapid fire plugs, MSD HEI coil and accel cap & rotor. Tranny cooler, and 2800 stall TQ., rebuilt tranny with shift kit.
-Handling & Braking: 18"x10 Voxx wheels, Yokohama Avs Zr, Large front Baer rotors and pistons Standard size Baer rear rotors, SS brake lines.
-Interior: Corbeau seats, Arizona speed and marine harness bar, weapon R 4 point harness

[Modified by TexCorvette, 7:10 AM 3/2/2002]
Old 03-05-2002, 06:52 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Get a free wheel skin with the car! :lol:
Here is a shot of the dash and such. Car also has new weatherstrip.

[Modified by TexCorvette, 5:54 AM 3/5/2002]
Old 03-08-2002, 04:18 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

TTT
Anyone else want to make an offer? Any Questions?
Old 03-08-2002, 08:03 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I like it, and would probably be all over this car if it were a 6-speed.
Old 03-09-2002, 04:20 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice! (SharkAttack)

It does have a nice converter though and consistant as well as faster as a similar stick shift 9 out of 10 times :D
Old 03-12-2002, 08:42 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Any offers or questions?

I will then put it back on the local market and paper. $11,500 for it painted and warrenty on the paint would do it for a forum member, or make an offer. :smash:

[Modified by TexCorvette, 2:47 AM 3/28/2002]
Old 03-18-2002, 10:19 PM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

TTT
Nothing new done to the car sense the AC Controls. Will post pictures of it and the head unit soon. Other that that, going to tighten more interior parts and clean it up some more on Tuesday. Would like to sell to a forum member but I'm now driving it to work with a 4 Sale sign to gain some local interest as well. May also try E-Bay soon.

If anyone wants to throw me some offers, I may consider them.

Old 03-19-2002, 08:26 AM
Sharky Guam
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WHich Corbeau seats are those? I am trying to find someone to buy one of my cars so that I can make an offer. It really looks like a sweet deal! :flag
Old 03-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Chance
Team Owner

Location: I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song, and I'll be an old troubadour when I'm gone.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

TTT

If anyone wants to throw me some offers, I may consider them.
You should have mail. :)
Old 03-20-2002, 06:24 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice! (X-FireChance)

The seats are the A4s. http://www.corbeau.com/brochure/a4.html
It does slide back and forth and does recline.

Will accept offers under $11.5K (forum members only) as is without new paint, but the difference will not be several grand as I can get it painted for very low cost due to connections.

The only reason I mention the paint is for those interested in a vette with a prestine flawless exterior and to pass on the favor. Its not that bad, but a bit rough and not perfect.

[Modified by TexCorvette, 2:45 AM 3/28/2002]
Old 03-25-2002, 05:54 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

TTT

Still for sale. Will accept reasonable offers. Most of the expensive C4 items and common issues are all taken care of here. You know, the kind that seem simple but starts to drain your bank account of first time C4/corvette buyers.
Old 03-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Ender85
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am very interested in this car. Could someone who lives closer than I please check it out for me? Also, if I have this shipped to Florida, about how much would it cost, and who should I get to ship it for me?

Thanks,
Parth
Old 03-28-2002, 03:19 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice! (marthpodi)

You can use https://www.corvetteforum.com/ziplocator/locator.php to try and find someone to take a look at if for you.

Use Zip codes like

and others listed for El Paso, Tx. I'm sure one local member would test drive it, and check it out for you.

If you would like to visit in person, I could maybe meet you on the tickets or something??

Still entertaining offers. It really is a nice car that can be driven daily. Ready to make a DEAL with someone around $11K, maybe better.

[Modified by TexCorvette, 2:41 AM 3/28/2002]
Old 04-02-2002, 07:19 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

St. Jude Contributor

OK, I'm going to ebay this car this week, and try more local attention. Seen a few not as nice as this one go for more at ebay, so maybe more bites there on this deal. I did prefer to sell it to a forum member that would enjoy this car very much and continue to improve on it, as we all do with our corvettes here. I have too many vehicles now to park at my house, and this car does not deserve to sit outside, that is fore sure!

Again, Ready to make a DEAL with someone around $11K, maybe even better.

I'm thoroughly cleaning the car and will have it professionally touched up this week so that their are NO visible blemishes worth talking about.

[Modified by TexCorvette, 6:20 AM 4/2/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice!

Quick Reply: 1990 Black on Black Upgraded Coupe! Unique, Powerful and nice!