Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Fs: 1990 Zr1

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MR NICE
My wife was totally into sex before we got married If it isn't broke don't fix it
Aren't they all?

I hate to even say that with the new rules on selling things, but he really needs to be aware of these things in his personal life before he loses his (the whole family's) car over a girl.

Z06ZR166c,

This isn't anything about your price or your car, but a neighbor is a real estate broker and the other night we were talking about how around here, house sales have stagnated. When that happens, it indicates that money is about to stop flowing like water, and that impacts those buying toys.

So if you really want to sell that ZR1, you need to begin hitting every car show and swap meet between now and June 1.

I don't have a lot of faith in selling cars on eBay, but you have to admit, it is great advertising coverage for only $80. Pop up an auction.

If you really need the money, and you are secure in your job, then two other options: get a loan for more or get a loan and use the car for collateral. This way, you get to keep the car, you get the money, and you just have to work yourself a little harder to keep them both.

If the love of your life really loves you and the car as much as you say, she will be willing to jump in and work a bit harder to help keep both (all three - car, house, and you) also.

Good luck with it all.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Z06ZR166c
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice.

I think ebay may be a great idea just to get it out there. I have been trying to get to every meet I can and its posted it up in all the local shops and corvette shops. I'm trying but your right, ebay is a good idea.

Here's the jist with selling the car so you guys can stop worrying. It's not the family's car, it's mine. My dad has a z06 he is selling. Just been IN my family for years. My girlfriend loves the vette, alot. So do I, but I don't need it. I don't even have a career planned yet. I graduate school in september.

So were moving in together in an apartment first. Just for a year or two and then buying a house. I want to take 5-7k out of it and the rest will be put into a mutual fund. But were still moving in and I need some of the money for furniture because I do not want to use the money I have saved now, cus then I'd have about 500$ left in my account.

Anyways, thanks alot for the advice and just taking the time to reply!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Z06ZR166c
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jus bumpin

Quick Reply: Fs: 1990 Zr1