Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

Amendment to 86 C4 A4 FS $5K

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
C4CBF
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amendment to 86 C4 A4 FS $5K

Seems I didn't get the response I was looking for originally at $5750, I will reduce it to $5K for a forum member. Need to sell asap see below.

1986 C4 TPI 155K 2.59 gears A4

I paid $5500 for it 11months ago. Started as a project car and I don't have the time or the extra $ sitting around to keep it up. I have drove this car less than 500 miles since I have owned it.

Everything still stock except rims. I added 2001 C5 silver rims (17" 245's on front, 18 275's on back) Nitto 555's on rear, BFG GForce's on front. These tires have not been burned out ever, literally look new(Cost me almost $1100 total)

Interior:
Needs a little work (seats and doorskins need replaced b/c of color), was orignally red and I changed it over to black upholstery. DigiDash works great, all other instruments work too.

Engine/Drivetrain:
Runs great, does not smoke.
700R still shifts on a dime.
Limited Slip still hooks great.
All fluids have been changed except haven't gotten around to brake fluid.
New $75 battery.
New intake and valve cover gaskets.
New Plugs, and Accel wires.
New Dayco Serpentine Belt.

Exhaust:
Previous owner added glasspacks with LT1 exhaust tips. Cat still on vehicle.

Suspension/Brakes:
Shocks have been replaced, everthing still stock.
Could use brake fluid flush, but still stops great.

Body:
Color is a dark metallic maroon (almost looks black), my wife calls it "black cherry" Paint in good shape, I recently waxed.
No major dings or dents
New front and rear badges

I recently removed AC and emissions BUT I kept every part in a box so it could be easily put back on. AC worked when removed.

This car is owned by a car enthusiast, I bought it for $5500, and with rims, tires, and all other items put into it, I easily have $7-$7500 total into car. Asking $5000, email for pics. She is a great project car but still looks good as a Friday night cruiser.

You can email me at cfloyd@lqtitle.com for a faster question response. I live in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC.

I hate to lose her but I gotta let her go, I want a forum member to buy this before I put it on AutoTrader. I bought this from a forum member and use him as a reference, I think we all know him CorvetteKid. He can tell you about the car as well.

Chris if you read this, I appreciate all advice you have given me. I know I will be back here someday.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Daffy
Florida turtle advocate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

It was actually one of my cars.I was out of town that weekend and he picked it up at Corvette Kid's place.Absolutely everything worked properly on this car.It sounds like it's nicer than when I sold it to him.I would buy this one back myself but I have a very full house right now. This should be a great value for somebody.

Last edited by Daffy; 10-18-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
C4CBF
Instructor

Originally Posted by Daffy
It was actually one of my cars.I was out of town that weekend and he picked it up at Corvette Kid's place.Absolutely everything worked properly on this car.It sounds like it's nicer than when I sold it to him.I would buy this one back myself but I have a very full house right now. This should be a great value for somebody.
Thx for the verification I am going to be back here one day, I just don't want this one to sit with nothing being done to it. Someone take her off my hands
Old 10-19-2006, 03:22 PM
C4CBF
Instructor

Vette is sold. Thanks to all who have helped me in the time I have owned it. I will be back someday
Old 10-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by C4CBF
Vette is sold. Thanks to all who have helped me in the time I have owned it. I will be back someday
Someone got a nice car and a good deal. As you say, she's a good old girl. Ready for many good miles as is and a great head start on making a super nice example of an early C4. I'm sorry to hear you had to sell it. I hope you can get another someday soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Amendment to 86 C4 A4 FS $5K

Quick Reply: Amendment to 86 C4 A4 FS $5K